03-25-08, 06:55 AM   #1
FeuriAUT
A Murloc Raider
Exclamation Could you please help me

Hello!

I'm new in this forum, so i'm sorry, if i doublepost anything..
I just have the question, if someone please could help me installing the Interface?
Well, i read this very nice install guide, but it doesn't work yet
But i would like soooo to have that interface, because i think that there is everything in it a person needs.
So please can anyone help me?
Or maybe a possibility is, that someone sends me the 3 folders and then maybe that works?

Would be very nice, if someone could help me installing it per MSN or ICQ or Talking or send me the folders

Thanks!

Regards, Markus / Feuri

Ps: My ICQ and my MSN: [email protected] // 226703415

Last edited by FeuriAUT : 03-25-08 at 07:10 AM.
03-25-08, 07:17 AM   #2
DeathRaven
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I suggest you wait a day or so. 2.4 is live now and i'm sure there will be ugly ugly bugs :P
03-25-08, 07:40 AM   #3
FeuriAUT
A Murloc Raider
Do you have the Interface installed?
Because then I could install a actual one of you?
03-25-08, 07:58 AM   #4
DeathRaven
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Currently if you follow the instructions Here it will work for 2.3. You will need to run Wow ace updater one time. But even now as I try to update many addons are crossed out and wont work with 2.4.
03-25-08, 09:47 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Them being crossed out doesn't mean that they won't work. That just means that they're out of date.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-27-08, 04:20 AM   #6
FeuriAUT
A Murloc Raider
So, can anyone help me now?
Deathraven do you have your working interface now?

Regards
03-27-08, 08:50 AM   #7
obsidianblack
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by DeathRaven View Post
Currently if you follow the instructions Here it will work for 2.3. You will need to run Wow ace updater one time. But even now as I try to update many addons are crossed out and wont work with 2.4.
DeathRaven already helped you by giving you the link to the instructions. No one here is able to package the whole thing into one download. So your going to have to do some work yourself.

03-27-08, 01:34 PM   #8
Mellowed
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
wait a minute... so ur saying that nobody will ever be able to make a new updated version and host it into the site?? we actually have to fix it all ourselves?? ... sweet im screwed, bcuz i have no idea how to make / edit mods... and im rpetty sure if i tried, id **** everything up... cool i guess im saying good bye to mazzle :'(
03-27-08, 03:11 PM   #9
Clonestar
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Mellowed View Post
wait a minute... so ur saying that nobody will ever be able to make a new updated version and host it into the site?? we actually have to fix it all ourselves?? ... sweet im screwed, bcuz i have no idea how to make / edit mods... and im rpetty sure if i tried, id **** everything up... cool i guess im saying good bye to mazzle :'(
Don't get all in a tizzy, downloading 3 files and following instructions hardly qualifies as making/editing mods or even as work. It's just in order to keep the mazzifier, its unlikely to ever all come in one neat download.
03-27-08, 06:16 PM   #10
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
well to be fair, it is not just downloading 3 files..

There are code changes scattered all over the forum, and it takes a great deal of time for a new user to search and correct the small things...

Personally i have a working copy of mazzle stowed away in case of a HDD failure, cause i'd hate to go through the forum looking for those small changes

Whenever i do make a change that works/a fix i delete the old rar file and make a new one - containing everything

I would like to see someone gather all of the code change - leave the core out and upload a new addon pack containing all the code changes - it would make life(and wow) so much easier to be able to install mazzle as easy as in the old days.

On top of that there's beginning of a list of addons NOT to update using WAU - Autobar, TinyTip etc.

It's a jungle to work out how to install Mazzle now.

/smirge
03-27-08, 06:37 PM   #11
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
That's b/c things are out of date and 2.4 has introduced so many new bugs. When Aethenelle releases something to replace Detard's downloads, it will once again just be three files.
03-28-08, 11:37 AM   #12
Banalina902
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Mazzle, what about the combat window changes? As I understand it, the creation and placement of the chat windows is a MazzleUI setup procedure. And as you won't be updating the MazzleUI itself, would it be possible to collate the information presented in the Combat Log Area thread ( http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=15477 ) in one of the 3 downloads for users to make those changes after Mazzlefying?
03-31-08, 02:26 PM   #13
FeuriAUT
A Murloc Raider
Thumbs up

Hi!

First of all, thanks for your Responses

I hope i didn't make any problems..
And i, like i mentioned above, really have no problem with work
But well, Smirge said it (Thanks ), that it's for me little bit difficult to understand that things, because i just had interfaces with the 3 folders copy paste, rename and they worked

But that interface is sooooo nice!!! And i just want to have it, doesn't matter what i have to do =)

Best regards

Yours Feuri / Markus

And well, if someone wants.. Please add me in Icq or Msn, then we could talk otherwise to xD

Last edited by FeuriAUT : 03-31-08 at 02:49 PM.
04-02-08, 01:41 AM   #14
otelma
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
No mean to be pedantic or to simply fuel the fire again...

... but could we know why it is impossible to find a nice 'singl file' onestopshop' mazzleUI such as the old days?

Never seen a proper response to it: Mazzle - I love your work, but i do not understand why nobody is allowed to repackage it (even using your name) into a single addon.

thanks.
ale
04-02-08, 05:24 AM   #15
griffin224
Premium Member

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Smirge View Post
well to be fair, it is not just downloading 3 files..

There are code changes scattered all over the forum, and it takes a great deal of time for a new user to search and correct the small things...

Personally i have a working copy of mazzle stowed away in case of a HDD failure, cause i'd hate to go through the forum looking for those small changes

Whenever i do make a change that works/a fix i delete the old rar file and make a new one - containing everything

I would like to see someone gather all of the code change - leave the core out and upload a new addon pack containing all the code changes - it would make life(and wow) so much easier to be able to install mazzle as easy as in the old days.

On top of that there's beginning of a list of addons NOT to update using WAU - Autobar, TinyTip etc.

It's a jungle to work out how to install Mazzle now.

/smirge
Smirge bud, we would ALL love that, but it WILL NOT happen with Mazzle's permission. He has stated so on the forums. Give it some time though and there a few people trying to get true updates going and then we just have a limited amount of "patching" to do. For now I would just say, follow the instructions to the best of your ability, check the stickies for fixes, and post any problems a new post. If people are rude about "That solution has already been posted." just ignore them and follow their link to the solution.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Could you please help me