04-16-08, 09:16 PM   #421
heavens-reject
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by ArchaicVampyre View Post
If you bothered to read back through the thread that information was posted.
I did read back before I posted.

If you're talking about the '/console mazzleui' thing, then I've already tried. After I did that it came up with the "couldn't find setcvar 'unitnameplayer'" message and I've done all that already. I even went back through to make sure nothing was changed after my laptop was working again.

I relogged and once more I got the "setcvar couldn't find 'statusbartext'" message.

As for the mazzle process not completing correctly....I haven't seen anything posted whatsoever to my knowledge.
04-16-08, 09:44 PM   #422
Logaine
A Defias Bandit
Good Luck with the update. See you all in Azeroth.....I hope.

Last edited by Logaine : 04-17-08 at 05:21 AM. Reason: One of three reasons: I was misunderstood, didn't express myself clearly, or put this post in the wrong thread.
04-16-08, 10:00 PM   #423
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by heavens-reject View Post
I did read back before I posted.

If you're talking about the '/console mazzleui' thing, then I've already tried. After I did that it came up with the "couldn't find setcvar 'unitnameplayer'" message and I've done all that already. I even went back through to make sure nothing was changed after my laptop was working again.

I relogged and once more I got the "setcvar couldn't find 'statusbartext'" message.
Trying to figure out what changed when is always difficult when debugging. That said, the fact that you're getting that error is pretty concrete evidence that something that needed to be changed is not changed in your copy. If you want to fix, look at the line number and try to figure out how it corresponds to fixes posted in this thread.

Originally Posted by heavens-reject View Post
As for the mazzle process not completing correctly....I haven't seen anything posted whatsoever to my knowledge.
I'm going to hope that you're joking. The vast majority of this forum since I quit is about fixing errors. Most of those errors cause exactly what you've described. It would be more likely that someone has seen nothing whatsoever that is not about that.
04-16-08, 10:07 PM   #424
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Logaine View Post
I am thinking of dumping the mazzle UI altogether. I play to have fun and when I spend more time crunching code than actually playing WOW it's time to take step back and consider if the effort is worth it. I was able to apply the fixes, and I am able to mazzify but doing so seems to make things worse instead of better. My fonts have gone back to Blizzard defaullt, but only in some windows and not others. I have deleted and reinstalled Tiny Tip at least twice and I still get the line 98 lua error tiny tip options nil value, combat filter is pretty much useless except for filling windows 6 and 7 with TMI. My add-on usage has ballooned to over 80 megs slowing my framerate down to single digits. And even after all of this my typical play session puts about 30 different entries into my bug sack. I have a very low tolerance for frustration and thus have stopped playing because I REALLY don't want to go back to the default UI.

I want to thank everyone who helped to try and keep this thing going and especially Mazzlefizz who created what was once THE BEST UI in gaming.

But, unfortunately this UI has slowly de-evolved into a loosely cobbled together mess of duct tape, staples, paperclips and rubber bands. There's an old saying that too many cooks spoil the broth. Considering the complexity of this UI and the way all these mods need to work both independently and cohesively and how many of the core components are simply not being updated by their original authors, I don't think anyone but the original author could bring it back to its' former glory. And it has been made abundantly clear that that is just not going to happen. I think I'd rather jump ship now than have to go through this everytime there is another patch. I don't even want to see what WotLK does to this UI, cause when that does finally come out, I'm gonna want to play it, not wrestle with my UI so that I can play it.

Good Luck with the update. See you all in Azeroth.....I hope.
The instructions in this thread are not about installing a UI. It's about fixing certain out-of-date add-ons manually. It's a stop gap measure that users have set up to help each other. And it's something that takes a bit of technical savvy and patience. If you're not able or interested in doing that, you should absolutely use something else or wait for an actual patch. There's nothing wrong with that.
04-16-08, 10:36 PM   #425
Llydapdicter
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I think I am starting to see why Mazzlefizz stopped playing. Could only imagine the whispers you would be getting in game. Thank-you all for working towards patching this and I am waiting patiently for the fix, as are a few in my guild who want to start using Mazzle. Great job with the temp fixes and everything.
04-17-08, 06:47 AM   #426
Logaine
A Defias Bandit
Red face I think you've misunderstood.

Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz View Post

The instructions in this thread are not about installing a UI. It's about fixing certain out-of-date add-ons manually. It's a stop gap measure that users have set up to help each other. And it's something that takes a bit of technical savvy and patience. If you're not able or interested in doing that, you should absolutely use something else or wait for an actual patch. There's nothing wrong with that.
I think you partially missed my point or I didn't express it well enough. Perhaps I should have used the term Add-On Compilation as opposed to UI, but UI is definately easier to type.

I have been able to keep Mazzle patched together through the Meio (sp?) patch and Detard patch, although not at 100%. To be a bit more concise, I believe that something broken can only be fixed so many times before you have to start over again.

In no way did I mean to denigrate the hard and unrewarded work people have put into this compilation. Obviously, I have had the patience and have been both able and interested in keeping it working or I would have given up three or four (Blizz) patches ago (I've been using Mazzle for over a year now).

I simply feel that with all the changes made in the game itself over the lifespan of this project that it is a better idea to strip it down and rebuild it with regularly updated add-ons than it is to try to hold on to its' current formation and continue to fix add-ons that are obviously abandoned by the people that created them.

I certainly don't mean to sound ungrateful for the effort! I intend no negative sentiment. If this reads that way it is a result of my inability to convey my thoughts precisely.
04-17-08, 01:00 PM   #427
Flamer
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Talking Mazz

Trying to figure out what changed when is always difficult when debugging. That said, the fact that you're getting that error is pretty concrete evidence that something that needed to be changed is not changed in your copy. If you want to fix, look at the line number and try to figure out how it corresponds to fixes posted in this thread.

I'm going to hope that you're joking. The vast majority of this forum since I quit is about fixing errors. Most of those errors cause exactly what you've described. It would be more likely that someone has seen nothing whatsoever that is not about that.

Hey Mazzz nice to see u still around. and for the rest Mazzle is still the best even with the bugs its better than the rest hands down
04-17-08, 03:53 PM   #428
Raegormar
A Fallenroot Satyr
As a fervent mazzleui user, I have no problems with it to speak of. Some small anoyances I have to tinker with. But I have a question, that may or maynot have been answered allready. With the wowaceupdater (nice word for scrabble) it has in the SVN section several mods that will not be updated. Are they protected or something? Think I still have some errors, because of this. But not certain. Since i'de like to experiment, can somebody tell me how to update these items? Or should I stay away from it?

I also wish to thank all people working on mazzle to get it up to date, and ready for the lich king .

Oh. almost forgot. If you are working on it, would it be possible to select a predefined layout (like mage) And have to the side empty buttons for macro's ? That would realy make my day. I mean that I'de go 's

Tnx mazzle for comming up with this wonderfull contraption of yours. I'm allmost unable to play without it, just doesn't feel right.
04-17-08, 04:45 PM   #429
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by Raegormar View Post
As a fervent mazzleui user, I have no problems with it to speak of. Some small anoyances I have to tinker with. But I have a question, that may or maynot have been answered allready. With the wowaceupdater (nice word for scrabble) it has in the SVN section several mods that will not be updated. Are they protected or something? Think I still have some errors, because of this. But not certain. Since i'de like to experiment, can somebody tell me how to update these items? Or should I stay away from it?
The addons that have svn folders will not be updated, that is correct. The reason is that they have special code and functions added by Mazzle. If you update them it will break them and they will not be able to be mazzified. If you are not worried about that and do not mind manually configuring them then you can delete the svn folder and update them.

Be careful though that if you do that when mazzifying you make sure you uncheck the box to update (mazzify them, even though they may/will say needs update) or the mazzification process may hang and not complete.
04-17-08, 05:18 PM   #430
heavens-reject
A Fallenroot Satyr

Okay....well, guess I'll look again to see if there is anything else on this issue. I've read each post and only found one giving a suggestion to resolve it.

Okay...my bad there. I guess it's just that one final error I'm still dealing with that's killing the process. If worse comes to worse, I may have to re-install Mazzle completely.

Before that, I'll look back and see if I might've missed something.

EDIT:

Okay! So I found the 'statusbartext' line; however, it's not under line number 342. That might be my problem. It's under the line number 343. I'm not sure if there is something that I need to delete above 342.

If someone could let me know whether or not I can post the section where I found the line in the .LUA file, I'll go from there depending on the answer.

Last edited by heavens-reject : 04-17-08 at 08:00 PM.
04-17-08, 06:47 PM   #431
sora420
An Aku'mai Servant
i felt like the guy above about dumping mazzle and moving on but to be honest its just to hard, i enjoy every aspect of this UI and all the addons that come with it

i am not useing the core ui as you call it im still useing the old mazzle thats packed with all the addons

anyways Mazzle just wondering is there anything at all i can do about my combat log window? i know thr op has wrote some instructions about chatfilter
but i have no idea what he means by doing it manually etc its not a very clear guide as to how to set it up

is there another addon maybe i can get and just place it where the old one was?

any advice would be appreciated :P
04-17-08, 09:48 PM   #432
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by sora420 View Post
i felt like the guy above about dumping mazzle and moving on but to be honest its just to hard, i enjoy every aspect of this UI and all the addons that come with it

i am not useing the core ui as you call it im still useing the old mazzle thats packed with all the addons

anyways Mazzle just wondering is there anything at all i can do about my combat log window? i know thr op has wrote some instructions about chatfilter
but i have no idea what he means by doing it manually etc its not a very clear guide as to how to set it up

is there another addon maybe i can get and just place it where the old one was?

any advice would be appreciated :P
Ok, go to Ace and download combatfilter and install by copying it to your addons directory. Log into your account and make sure combatfilter is enabled and disable simplecombatlog.

Open up your toon and type /cfilter (make sure your someplace where you wont get attacked <grin>).

Now you can set it up anyway you want but this is how I set mine up...

Create two new filters called window6 and window7. Make sure that window6 is set to direct output to window6 and window7 to window7.

I set them up as follows:

window6:
Done by: Enemy Players, Enemy Units, Friends
Done to: Now if you are a hunter and want to see stuff done to you and your pet, select Me and Pet, otherwise I reccomend leaving all the boxes unchecked and typing your character name in the box for specific target.
Under Event types this is your choice but to keep spam down I have selected not to show misses, any auras, only damage and healing on periodic, and for spellcasting only successes.
The other tabs are stricktly personal preference.

window7:
Done by: Should be the same as Done to: for window6
Done to: Enemy Players, Enemy Units, Friends, Neutral (Neutral is your choice I like to know if I do something to a Nuetral faction).
Event types I have set up same as window6.

Make sure that when you have your settings that you click apply filter at the top or your settings will not take effect.

Hope that helps.
04-18-08, 05:10 AM   #433
sora420
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by docevl View Post
Ok, go to Ace and download combatfilter and install by copying it to your addons directory. Log into your account and make sure combatfilter is enabled and disable simplecombatlog.

Open up your toon and type /cfilter (make sure your someplace where you wont get attacked <grin>).

Create two new filters called window6 and window7. Make sure that window6 is set to direct output to window6 and window7 to window7.

window6:
Done to: Now if you are a hunter and want to see stuff done to you and your pet, select Me and Pet, otherwise I reccomend leaving all the boxes unchecked and typing your character name in the box for specific target.
Under Event types this is your choice but to keep spam down I have selected not to show misses, any auras, only damage and healing on periodic, and for spellcasting only successes.

window7:
Done to: Enemy Players, Enemy Units, Friends, Neutral (Neutral is your choice I like to know if I do something to a Nuetral faction).

Make sure that when you have your settings that you click apply filter at the top or your settings will not take effect.

Hope that helps.
trying all of the above now, will get back to you on it..and thanks for the guide
04-18-08, 05:38 AM   #434
sora420
An Aku'mai Servant

window6:

window7:

Hope that helps.
omg man your a legend, thank you so much..i finally have damage showing woohooo now i can go back to making fancy movies tyty
04-18-08, 10:16 AM   #435
Kadell
A Murloc Raider

window6:

window7:

Hope that helps.
Could you add a Web Address to that Combat Filter I cant seem to find it... Thanks in advance
04-18-08, 11:22 AM   #436
Llydapdicter
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
go to wowace.com click beta downloads, select all categories, click "C", and alphabetical order go till you find it, think it was 3rd page.
04-18-08, 11:50 AM   #437
Reptle
A Defias Bandit
Combatfilter

i've downloaded the combat filter and installed it into my AddOns directory.. yet for some strange reasons, it's not even showing up in my Addon List.

Another strange bug i have, trying to get mazzle configured on a tool, i went to wowace and updated all my installed addons, and now on my main, cartographer simply will not work. It's enabled, but opening the map is just a regular map and i lost all my nodes >< I've tried reinstalling it alone through wowace updater, or by overwritting the cartographer folder, no luck.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
04-18-08, 11:54 AM   #438
Reptle
A Defias Bandit
nm

nevermind, i'm tired and having one of those days.

I can't brainz today, i have teh dumb. >< Try number 2.. or maybe i'll try it tomorrow. haha

EDIT: Yeah, worked like a charm, thanks anyways =)

Last edited by Reptle : 04-18-08 at 12:06 PM.
04-18-08, 02:25 PM   #439
SilentBeast
A Murloc Raider
Since it's not on the first post and noted and I know I saw it in the thread at one point. Dr. Damage isn't showing information on my bar buttons. Can't remember if it was because the author was working on it or if it was yet another conflight like the pet bar of bongos. If anyone has a workaround or such let me know otherwise I guess it's just gonna have to stay that way till Anth get's the new version out for the bongos3 changes.

Other then that I haven't had to many issues except an error with the bag mod when closing out of the bank.

One more quick thing how do I purchase and equip bank bags with the bag mod turned on?
04-18-08, 02:34 PM   #440
DocEVL
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by SilentBeast View Post
Since it's not on the first post and noted and I know I saw it in the thread at one point. Dr. Damage isn't showing information on my bar buttons. Can't remember if it was because the author was working on it or if it was yet another conflight like the pet bar of bongos. If anyone has a workaround or such let me know otherwise I guess it's just gonna have to stay that way till Anth get's the new version out for the bongos3 changes.
The new Dr. Damage does not workj with bongos1 that comes with Mazzle. You will need to wait for the bongos3 upgrade. Unfortynately I know of no other way, short of installing bongos3 and manually configuring.

One more quick thing how do I purchase and equip bank bags with the bag mod turned on?
In the baggins configuration you can specify an option to display normal bank in addition to the baggins bank tab. You can then purchase additional bank slots and add your bags.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Patch 2.4 bugfix thread