03-04-07, 08:59 AM   #181
Leeroi
A Fallenroot Satyr
Website + Lucky Charms

Not finding a better place to post a request for the MazzleUI website, I am putting it here. Please no flames (I'm actually a nice guy...) - feel free to delete this once you've read it, Mazzle....

There are no screen shots on the "About MazzleUI" page. Please add a few so I can send my guildies to it and let them see what a "real" UI can do....

[edit: removed question about requesting the ability to bind lucky charms to keys - it was already there but took me a while (longer) to find it.]

Thanks,

Leeroi

Last edited by Leeroi : 03-04-07 at 10:07 AM.

03-04-07, 09:38 AM   #182
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Leeroi
Not finding a better place to post a request for the MazzleUI website, I am putting it here. Please no flames (I'm actually a nice guy...) - feel free to delete this once you've read it, Mazzle....

There are no screen shots on the "About MazzleUI" page. Please add a few so I can send my guildies to it and let them see what a "real" UI can do....
While they are a bit old, the download page has screenshots. I threw a new link on the the portal page with those same screenshots now as well.

Originally Posted by Leeroi
Also - since I am already off topic and while nice, I am not apparently smart enough to figure out where this *should* go - I would like to recommend adding the lucky charms to the binding options. If they are already available, I cannot find out how (see above nice/smart comment). When I am the group leader, I need to quickly ID the mobs for kill order, and normally use the F5-F8 to ID the first 4 slated to die.... If I am not fast enough, people normally ignore me and just charge in ("Hey - that's MY line....") while I am manually adding the charms.
This is the right place for suggestions. Are you recommending a particular raid icon add-on?

03-04-07, 10:06 AM   #183
Leeroi
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

While they are a bit old, the download page has screenshots. I threw a new link on the the portal page with those same screenshots now as well.

Thank you!

This is the right place for suggestions. Are you recommending a particular raid icon add-on?
nevermind - I found it by chance. I found the ability under "Miscellaneous" and then "Raid Targeting". I will edit my original post to remove request.... Thanks!

Leeroi

03-04-07, 01:15 PM   #184
tuoryn
A Kobold Labourer
Map in Mazzle

Hi As many others have said before would like to thank you for a wonderful UI. I just got it yesterday and wow have i been missing out its great except for one thing... The mini map. I am a hunter and my mini map is important to me, I utilize ICU to identify prey and well hunt it down. The mini map imo is so so so small I have read through the faq in game and haven't found a solution to this. I am wondering if there is anyway to leave the mini map where it normally is in the top right corner and just use the space where it is placed in your UI for more action buttons. I realize im porrly asking alot, though i can see from a hunters stand point that most of my buttons across the middle of the ui and the map seperate to be modified by another mod say bongos minimap to scale and place where ever might be useful. Ty for your time.

03-04-07, 01:46 PM   #185
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

No, there's no easy way to do that. That aspect of the layout is hard-coded into the MazzleUI add-on. You might try another add-on that moves it like DFM.

03-05-07, 12:36 AM   #186
amz370
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
i wonder would it be possible/acceptable to have a second minimap, one that u coudl turn on and off, lke if ur in an instanc (and im speaking as some one who has enver played a hunter) turn it off or what ever

03-05-07, 11:48 AM   #187
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by amz370
i wonder would it be possible/acceptable to have a second minimap, one that u coudl turn on and off, lke if ur in an instanc (and im speaking as some one who has enver played a hunter) turn it off or what ever
I don't think that's possible, but I don't know for sure. I know Iriel once had a big minimap add-on or something, but I think that just enlarged the current minimap on the fly.

03-09-07, 06:59 AM   #188
Kelvie
A Murloc Raider
Heyas,

I was wondering if Monkey Quest could be Replaced with Quest-i-on.

i find that Monkey Quest takes up too much room on my screen if i have too many quests.

Quest-i-on does what most quest addons do, and is very customisable.

One great thing about it is, there is an option to show quests by zone, so if your questing in shadowmoon, it will only show those quests. I know monkey quest doesnt do that, i have been looking for it in Monkey Buddy. It also fades out quite nicely so you can see everything behind it while still looking at the quests.

the website + more info on it can be found here http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=368

Kelv

03-09-07, 09:17 AM   #189
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Actually MonkeyQuest does show them by zone and you can click on the zones you arent in and it will collapse them so they are not visable. for example I am in Blades Edge area right now. I have ONLY the Blades Edge area showing all other areas I have quests for are collapsed and only the zone heading is showing. makes it nice and clean.

03-09-07, 02:23 PM   #190
Aurial
A Defias Bandit
*rubs eyes*

I enjoy MazzleUI. It is clean and simple and looks real good. But I don't know if I'll be using for too long. It's straining my eyes (causing burst bloodvessels, and fair amounts of pain) to see all the small UI text and icons in the FUbar, and throughout the interface (not the chat text). And, changing the UI scale really screws it up. I hope you are working on a way to make it work with changing the UI scale without having to manually change and reconfigure the rest of the UI to make it display properly (which takes the fun out of the whole experience).

Thanks!

03-09-07, 08:02 PM   #191
Kelvie
A Murloc Raider
Kierrkian, how do you enable this feature? i couldnt see it anywhere in the options? all i got was a huge line scrolling down of all my quests lol

03-13-07, 09:59 PM   #192
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

There's a checkbox next to each quest and zone. The checkbox in the title bar controls whether unchecked items will be shown.

03-14-07, 07:28 AM   #193
Kierrkian
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Kelvie
Kierrkian, how do you enable this feature? i couldnt see it anywhere in the options? all i got was a huge line scrolling down of all my quests lol
Unless for some reason your MonkeyQuest is showing something different the zone/area is a different color than the actual quest title. You should be able to collapse/expand by clicking on the +/- on the left of the zone text. Please take a screenshot for me and I can see if you are seeing something completely different.

03-14-07, 09:15 AM   #194
romancerbcl
A Defias Bandit
on your warlock button layout is it possible to make it so that when you right click on one of your summon demon spells it uses your fel domination then casts the demon spell if its not on cooldown cycle? kind of like on the necrosis add-on

03-15-07, 03:54 AM   #195
Detritus
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

Yeah, I can add that to the MazzleUI menu easily enough in the next version.
Reading through this to see if any interesting mods pop out of the woodwork. Noticed this request. SHIFT-Clicking bugsack does a UI reload...no need for Mazzle to add this in IMO.

03-15-07, 09:33 AM   #196
amz370
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by romancerbcl
on your warlock button layout is it possible to make it so that when you right click on one of your summon demon spells it uses your fel domination then casts the demon spell if its not on cooldown cycle? kind of like on the necrosis add-on
this is n issue with shard ace, not wih mazz bring it up over there.

03-19-07, 01:49 PM   #197
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Great comp Mazz, normaly when i use a Comp i end up modifying it up one side and down the other so much so that afterwards you wouldnt even be able to recognize it as the original lol. Your ui on the other hand is still pretty much what i would call stock, i havnt even changed the button layouts much. But with that said there are still a couple things id change for your soon to come (we wait with bated breath) update.

Personaly i LOATHE monkeyquest, its ugly and I find its functionality to be of limited value. I get much more use out of QuestFu. Replaced.

Namefu: just dont see the real purpose and value to this little addon, its more of an annoyance than anything else in the fact that it keeps resetting back to a default of having names turned off everytime i log in and for the most part unless im running in a 40 man i prefer my names to be on. Addon disabled.

ShardAce: UGH! I cant even put it into words.....

Most of the other little tweaks id like to see done inside the ui are prob just do to me not digging quite deep enough into the options yet so i am not going to go into those really, such as the default mount that is selected when mounting. If i keep digging i know ill find it lol.
Generaly I find i like the button layouts for all the classes though generaly the shortcuts take a little getting used to and i add more buttons because there never seems to be quite enough of them but again thats just personal preference and easily remedied.

A lot of other things i do miss from my previous setups that arnt included or simply down work well with the ui but thats just the way its going to be and i work with that in mind. The ui seems to have a strong distatste for some other addons that i have enjoyed using in the past such as venantes, auctioneer, and necrosis but ill survive. I understand perfectly that one of the main reasons that it is compiled the way it is for performance.

Overall this is one of the best if not the absolute best compilation ive used whiloe playing wow. Great work Mazz and keep it up!

03-20-07, 11:24 AM   #198
Filarun
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by spiritwulf
Namefu: just dont see the real purpose and value to this little addon, its more of an annoyance than anything else in the fact that it keeps resetting back to a default of having names turned off everytime i log in and for the most part unless im running in a 40 man i prefer my names to be on. Addon disabled.
Before you blame Mazzle for that one, it's a known issue with the UI that Mazzle's planning on fixing.

03-20-07, 11:27 AM   #199
Filarun
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Kelvie
Heyas,

I was wondering if Monkey Quest could be Replaced with Quest-i-on.

i find that Monkey Quest takes up too much room on my screen if i have too many quests.

Quest-i-on does what most quest addons do, and is very customisable.

One great thing about it is, there is an option to show quests by zone, so if your questing in shadowmoon, it will only show those quests. I know monkey quest doesnt do that, i have been looking for it in Monkey Buddy. It also fades out quite nicely so you can see everything behind it while still looking at the quests.

the website + more info on it can be found here http://ui.worldofwar.net/ui.php?id=368

Kelv
You should just be able to disable MonkeyQuest and install Quest-I-On without trouble. I think the reason MonkeyQuest is included is because of memory usage, one of the fundamental goals behind MazzleUI. Personally, I think MonkeyQuest is the best quest log addon (except for the ugly font it uses), just because of how compact it feels. Quest-I-On bothered me because it was really hard to hide quests I didn't want to bother with.

03-22-07, 05:14 PM   #200
Wolvig
Premium Member
Hi! Don't know if this is the place for this but here goes. I'm new to wow (2 weeks) Found this Ui and have not looked back.Thanks. Only one request,I'm blind as a bat and use a 1280x1024 setting on a 17 inch moniter.Can't see much on the minimap. Would it be possible to move the target into the mini map slot and move the minimap so i can try and locate a bigger one? Other wise i love this thing i and my wife both use it. I have even gotten the art mods so we can use diffrent art work on diffrent characters. Thank you and Thank you for your incredible work.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Feature Requests and All Other Suggestions OLD