Premium Member

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks that will help.

01-17-09, 07:46 PM   #2382
Paroxysm
A Defias Bandit
Combat log

Firstly i would like to say great work on the UI. By no means am i an expert but have fiddled with using mods like eepanels and bars and all sorts of stuff to get things located and organised such as you have with one code. Kudos to you.

What i WOULD like though, is to know if i can relocate my combat log to lock it back on to the general log. When i do do this, it locks back on but the tab itself does not align with the general tab. It sits about the same distance down and in the general frame which makes it difficult to click and find. I like to have my combat log locked there and a seperate log for conversations and chat only where the combat one is. Keep up the good work and many thanks.

01-18-09, 07:39 AM   #2383
neuralassassin
A Scalebane Royal Guard

-paroxysm
im not sure bout why the tabs dont line up im sure spiel will answer that
I do know that you can create another tab which lines up the right way i have one set up for guild chat. So you could make another window set up for combat and leave it there and use the info panel for whatever you want

01-18-09, 09:20 AM   #2384
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Paroxysm --

There are two things you need to do to get the combat log out of the info panel... first: edit the file [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Integration > InfoPanels > nUI_InfoPanel_CombatLog.lua ] and at the top where you see the following code block (below) change both instances of "enabled = true" to read "enabled = false" then save and close the file.

Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-- default configuration for the combat log info panel

nUI_InfoPanels[nUI_INFOPANEL_COMBATLOG] =
{    
    enabled   = true,
    desc      = nUI_L[nUI_INFOPANEL_COMBATLOG],                -- player friendly name/description of the panel
    label     = nUI_L[nUI_INFOPANEL_COMBATLOG.."Label"],    -- label to use on the panel selection button face
    rotation  = nUI_INFOMODE_COMBATLOG,                        -- index or position this panel appears on/in when clicking the selector button
    full_size = true;                                        -- this plugin requires the entire info panel port without the button bag

options  =
    {
        enabled  = true,
        fontsize = 11,
        btn_size = 65,
        btn_gap  = -8,
    },
};
Once you have done that, log back into WoW or use '/nui rl' to reload your UI. The combat log will no longer be managed by nUI but it will still be located on the lower right of your display.

Mouse over the top left of (slightly above) the combat log and the settings tab will appear. First select "unlock" to make the frame movable, then drag that tab over to where your chat frame is and drop that tab on the same tab that exists on the chat frame. It should then "dock" itself back onto the chat frame. If not, play with it a couple of times changing where you drop it a bit and it will eventually dock back on the chat frame.

Originally Posted by Paroxysm View Post
Firstly i would like to say great work on the UI. By no means am i an expert but have fiddled with using mods like eepanels and bars and all sorts of stuff to get things located and organised such as you have with one code. Kudos to you.

What i WOULD like though, is to know if i can relocate my combat log to lock it back on to the general log. When i do do this, it locks back on but the tab itself does not align with the general tab. It sits about the same distance down and in the general frame which makes it difficult to click and find. I like to have my combat log locked there and a seperate log for conversations and chat only where the combat one is. Keep up the good work and many thanks.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

01-18-09, 10:24 AM   #2385
Thiarnach
A Defias Bandit
Hey i really like your addon cause its something that im was alway looking for. ( I was bored tu built a new one with pitbull, bartender etc)

I have one problem the whole frame is far to left and i dont find something in the options to move it.

01-18-09, 10:34 AM   #2386
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Do you have FuBar installed? If so, make sure that your FuBar bars are locked to the top and bottom of the screen and set to the full width of your screen. Odds are your FuBar bar is less than the full width and nUI is centering itself on that.

Originally Posted by Thiarnach View Post
Hey i really like your addon cause its something that im was alway looking for. ( I was bored tu built a new one with pitbull, bartender etc)

I have one problem the whole frame is far to left and i dont find something in the options to move it.

01-18-09, 10:54 AM   #2387
Thiarnach
A Defias Bandit
Aaaah k thanks :-P

01-18-09, 07:54 PM   #2388
havoxx
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Heh, I would like to ask if there could be a special feature looked at? If it's not possible it's cool, but theres an addon called Quest Guru, I happen to think it's the best quest log replacement I've ever used.

Now, I was wondering, is it possible to get it into the bar where the recount/omen/BG map go? Like, not if you can work on it for it to happen, more is it even possible? To have the quest log in there.

I can't speak for anyone else, but that is the only piece of addon I have not integrated into nUI so it's the only one out in the open :P.

01-18-09, 07:59 PM   #2389
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Havoxx -- it is possible and I've even thought about adding QuestHelper to the info panel, which would be more or less the same thing. My only concern is that quite often the quest tracker window is much longer than the viewable vertical dimension of the info panel.

Unfortunately, making it "scroll" likely wouldn't work well either though it may be possible and I stronly suspect that making it scroll would cause a lot of complaints.

That said, I'm way open to ideas on the subject.

Originally Posted by havoxx View Post
Heh, I would like to ask if there could be a special feature looked at? If it's not possible it's cool, but theres an addon called Quest Guru, I happen to think it's the best quest log replacement I've ever used.

Now, I was wondering, is it possible to get it into the bar where the recount/omen/BG map go? Like, not if you can work on it for it to happen, more is it even possible? To have the quest log in there.

I can't speak for anyone else, but that is the only piece of addon I have not integrated into nUI so it's the only one out in the open :P.

01-19-09, 07:55 AM   #2390
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Havoxx -- it is possible and I've even thought about adding QuestHelper to the info panel, which would be more or less the same thing. My only concern is that quite often the quest tracker window is much longer than the viewable vertical dimension of the info panel.

Unfortunately, making it "scroll" likely wouldn't work well either though it may be possible and I stronly suspect that making it scroll would cause a lot of complaints.

Would it be possible to have it expand to full size on a mouseover of the button that changes the panels or something to that effect. Just and idea. Anything that clears up real estate in the main window would be a plus.

As a side note, has anyone brought up the bug that stops the Waypoint area from giving the correct direction when you are on any panel besides the minimap panel (when it is integrated).

Last edited by whereswaldo : 01-19-09 at 07:58 AM.

01-19-09, 09:40 AM   #2391
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder

I think in both QuestHelper and Carbonite you can select the number of quests viewable in the list - so if you did make either of them an InfoPanel, could just tell folks they would have to do that - if they wanted to see more, they could just pull up the full log.

I wouldn't go too far above and beyond making it scroll, etc - as i think that's beyond the purview of what you;re trying to do with nUI - but I could be wrong

M

Marth

01-19-09, 10:27 AM   #2392
spiel2001
nUI's Author

This issue with the waypoint arrow is a known compatibility issue and is actually mentioned in the patch notes.

The only issue I can see with expanding the size on mouseover is taint, but it may be possible to work around that. I dunno.

I'm thinking that maybe the better solution would be to create a dropdown panel at the upper console and that way it could be whatever size it needed to be and hidden away when you don't want/need it (i.e. in a raid)

Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
Would it be possible to have it expand to full size on a mouseover of the button that changes the panels or something to that effect. Just and idea. Anything that clears up real estate in the main window would be a plus.

As a side note, has anyone brought up the bug that stops the Waypoint area from giving the correct direction when you are on any panel besides the minimap panel (when it is integrated).

01-19-09, 10:54 AM   #2393
whereswaldo
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

This issue with the waypoint arrow is a known compatibility issue and is actually mentioned in the patch notes.

The only issue I can see with expanding the size on mouseover is taint, but it may be possible to work around that. I dunno.

I'm thinking that maybe the better solution would be to create a dropdown panel at the upper console and that way it could be whatever size it needed to be and hidden away when you don't want/need it (i.e. in a raid)
Helps to go back and read the patch notes before posting...lol.

* Carbonite is having issues updating the directional arrow when the minimap and/or
battlefield minimap is hidden in the info panel

Actually, I dont think the issue is with Carbonite. I use TomTom with Questhelper and have the same issue. So there must be something else going on. I used to use the Cartographer Waypoint arrow and had the same issue there also. Also, displaying the battlefield map doesn't seem to release the arrow, only the minimap.

01-19-09, 11:09 AM   #2394
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I can explain to you exactly what is happening...

Carbonite, TomTom and others all use events to drive their function. Events are tied to frames and only executed if and when the frame is not hidden. nUI uses invisible frames to drive all of its events so they are never hidden and therefore the events nUI relies on always execute even when the frames to which they are related are hidden (such as in the info panel).

However, these other mods tie their event drivers to their main display frame rather than an independant frame, so when the main frame gets hidden, they stop working. When you put the minimap in the info panel and Carbonite (or TomTom or whatever) has attached its event driver to the minimap frame, then Carbonite stops working when the minimap is not being displayed.

What I have to do to "fix" the problem is reverse engineer these mods, figure out how and where they are attaching their event drivers and then reassign those event drivers to frames that don't get hidden so when you hide them in the info panel, they don't stop working.

Originally Posted by whereswaldo View Post
Helps to go back and read the patch notes before posting...lol.

* Carbonite is having issues updating the directional arrow when the minimap and/or
battlefield minimap is hidden in the info panel

Actually, I dont think the issue is with Carbonite. I use TomTom with Questhelper and have the same issue. So there must be something else going on. I used to use the Cartographer Waypoint arrow and had the same issue there also. Also, displaying the battlefield map doesn't seem to release the arrow, only the minimap.

01-19-09, 12:24 PM   #2395
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
I can explain to you exactly what is happening...

Carbonite, TomTom and others all use events to drive their function. Events are tied to frames and only executed if and when the frame is not hidden. nUI uses invisible frames to drive all of its events so they are never hidden and therefore the events nUI relies on always execute even when the frames to which they are related are hidden (such as in the info panel).

However, these other mods tie their event drivers to their main display frame rather than an independant frame, so when the main frame gets hidden, they stop working. When you put the minimap in the info panel and Carbonite (or TomTom or whatever) has attached its event driver to the minimap frame, then Carbonite stops working when the minimap is not being displayed.

What I have to do to "fix" the problem is reverse engineer these mods, figure out how and where they are attaching their event drivers and then reassign those event drivers to frames that don't get hidden so when you hide them in the info panel, they don't stop working.
Hopefully you can do that as a plugin so you don't have to keep doing it every time a new version of those addons come out ;P

thanks as always for all the work Scott.

BTW - newer folks who are using nUI - Scott greatly appreciates ANY donations that can be passed along - amount doesn't matter - he puts a LOT of time into the UI that he shares with us, and takes user suggestions and bug fix comments very seriously (as evidenced). So if you have a little bit to spare - send him a donation - would greatly help him out!

M

Marth

01-19-09, 02:33 PM   #2396
Dethstalker
A Murloc Raider
I agree with Marthisdil on Quest Helper, Carbonite and TomTom integration. All of these addons are notorious for being resource hogs. These mods should not be a part of the "core" nUI.

01-19-09, 02:41 PM   #2397
spiel2001
nUI's Author

No third party mod or library will *ever* be a part of the core nUI project... at least not so long as it is my project. The key design intention of nUI is that it is single source with no third party dependencies. It offers integration support for popular third party mods, but requires none and never will.

Originally Posted by Dethstalker View Post
I agree with Marthisdil on Quest Helper, Carbonite and TomTom integration. All of these addons are notorious for being resource hogs. These mods should not be a part of the "core" nUI.

01-19-09, 03:09 PM   #2398
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

No third party mod or library will *ever* be a part of the core nUI project... at least not so long as it is my project. The key design intention of nUI is that it is single source with no third party dependencies. It offers integration support for popular third party mods, but requires none and never will.
And that is what makes nUI so good. Never have I had so much in a UI at my fingertips as I have when I use nUI. I've said it before.... nUI is by far the best UI on WoW Interface.

01-19-09, 04:41 PM   #2399
Marthisdil
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by Dethstalker View Post
Now, don't get me wrong. I use the paid version of Carbonite (used QH before it). While it does use resources, in the grand scheme of things, it doesn't bother me and doesn't affect my FPS at all. Uses far less memory that MobInfo2 or Auctioneer does for me

I'd LOVE to see a Carbonite map and quest log plugin to put the stuff in the info panel - would be awesome. Would be cool if we could somehow shove Grid into an info panel as well (I can dream) - but I don't expect it

M

Marth

01-19-09, 06:30 PM   #2400
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Exclamation nUI Beta v4.13.00 has just been released...

Okay... so I released 4.12 and before the dust had cleared, got reports of issues with the new Aura Bars plugin... so before I could even report I had uploaded a new release, I had to patch it and release again. All should be well now. In any event, this post relates to the changes in 4.12 and 4.13 both.

The primary focus of this update was performance and some new features to support some advances (de)buff features [coming soon to a mod near you].

The 4.12 does introduce a new slash command... '/nui autogroup' which toggles the automatic switching between solo, group and raid unit frames when you join or leavce a raid or group on and off. By default this feature is on so the panel will automatically switch to the most appropriate mode when your group or raid status changes. Using this new slash command will disable that feature. Use it a second time to turn it back on.

For those of you who have disabled nUI's management of your minimap, this update will turn it back on. It was a necessary evil as for some reason new installs were not turning it on and many players didn't even know nUI could manage the map. Just use the '/nui minimap' option to turn it back off and all will be well again. It should only force it back on once.

Finally... with this update, there's also a new nUI optional plugin available which replaces the standard aura icons for the player, player's pet and target with a table of auras... the player and player's pet on the left and the target on the right. This is, in my opinion, a much cleaner look but one that I know many people do not like (which is why it is optional instead of default). You can find this new plugin at http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info12273-nUI--AuraBars.html

Please see the patch notes (below) for more information about these updates.

As always, please report any bugs you come across at the official support site at http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=16845 if at all possible. Otherwise, bugs can be reported on any of the nUI comment boards or via direct e-mail to me at [email protected]

The current release is (or will be) available for download at any of the following locations...My continued thanks to everyone for their support!

How you can help support nUI's continued development: I am currently trying to recover from 14 months of unemployment and with over $20,000 in debt (unpaid mortgage payments, loans, etc.), every penny makes a serious difference. Your contribution of $5, $10, $20 or more to support the ongoing development of nUI would be greatly appreciated. Click here to make a donation now, please?!

Lastly, please vote for nUI and add it to your favorites list... it helps nUI get more exposure. Thanks for your support!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version 4.13.00 (Beta)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Emergency bug fix for users who have installed the new nUI_AuraBars plugin -- fixes
a problem where WoW tries to create units out of the expected order causing some
units to not be created at all and then breaking the unit panels -- this update is
required only if you have installed and are using nUI_AuraBars

Version 4.12.00 (Beta)

* Added a boolean "clickable" option to all unit frame elements and reduced all unit
frames to a single mouse enabled frame and a compilation of simple frames to reduce
complexity and reduce mouseover CPU load

* Substantially reduced the amount of "garbage" nUI generates in order to reduce the
garbage collector lag being experienced in Northrend and generally improve performance

* Fixed a logic error in the HUD selector management that caused the HUD to fail to
disable updates of unit elements on hidden HUD frames which would cause, for example,
the Health/Power HUD to continue updating even when Player/Target was the active HUD

* Fixed a logic error in the unit frames which was causing hidden frames to update
their content which causes unnecessary overhead. Only currently active and visible
unit frames are updated in realtime now as intended.

* Modified nUI_UnitAura (yes... again!) to add support for backgrounds and heights and
widths other than the size of the aura buttons themselves. Removed taint from unit
auras, as well. Expanded the dynamic sizing capabilities and extended anchor logic

* Added the slash command '/nui autogroup' which toggles on and off the automatic
switch between the solo player unit panel and the group/raid unit panels when the
player joins or leaves a group/raid or when the raid roster updates. By default
this feature is turned on.

* Forced the minimap management flag on for all players who are not using the optional
nUI_InfoPanel_Minimap plugin -- this is being done because for some reason the "new"
installs do not appear to have been properly setting this flag and many players never
knew nUI moved the minimap to the center of the dashboard. For those who prefer this
setting to be turned off, you can toggle it back off after loading 4.12.00 for the
first time using '/nui minimap' -- it only resets your minimap flag once.

* Fixed a naming error in the "Simple HUD" which prevented the casting bar from being
displayed in the HUD when active.

* Tweaked the out of mana (OOM) color again as it wasn't quite blue enough to be
obvious at a glance

* Fixed a logic error in the hunter pet feeder data table that prevented the feeder
from working correctly with non-Engligh localizations

* Fixed language translation error in the German localization file that prevented the
hunter pet feeder from working correctly in the German language (with thanks to Trashi)

* Updated Spanish localization file (with thanks to José)

* Updated German localization file (with thanks to Wavebow)

Known Issues in nUI...

-- WotLK issues still outstanding

* When using the mounts that can carry vendors, the dismount button is not being displayed
in nUI (note: until this gets fix, you can right-click the aura to dismount)

-- generic issues outstanding

* If you remove a fubar top panel, the nUI top panel redraws to the middle of the screen.
It is full width and takes up about 20% of the middle of the field of view vertically.

* Enabling the "Use UI Scale" option in the Bliz video configuration menu blows up
nUI's layout and scaling. For now... just uncheck this option until I can fix it.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » nUI -- A full feature standalone UI replacement