06-14-09, 12:21 AM   #41
DonCorneo
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by xromania™ View Post
About fan noise i didnt got a clear answer. So is normally when im open a graphic aplication he start to make more noise? so video cards fans are set to have more speed when u start a graphic aplication?
In my experience, the fans on Video Cards are single speed, and do not change with load. There could be cards that that run faster when hot, it should tell you if it does in the video card's manual.
One of my video card's (dual SLI) fan makes noise sometimes, but it is due to the fan blades being dirty and causing the blades to drop (fan faces down) and go a little off balance. I want to upgrade soon, so not wooried about the fan as long as it is actually working.

If you are having heat problems, it is recommended that you turn the computer off, unplug the power cord, open the side and blow out all the dust with a can of air cleaner (buy 4 because when the can becomes cold from use, it loses pressure, so instead of waiting for it to warm up again, use another can: DO NOT EVER TILT OR TURN THE CAN UPSIDE DOWN WHEN SPRAYING, IT WILL FREEZE WHATEVER THE LIQUID TOUCHES AND VERY POSSIBLE CAUSE DAMAGE).

If your computer sits on the floor, it is very likely sucking dust in, especially if it is on when you vacuum or sweep with a broom. It will also suck in animal hair if you have furry pets.
I have to clean mine out at least once a week, especially when it is warm outside.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » defrag addons to prevent crashes?