03-21-13, 11:59 AM   #761
Tylothion
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Kendian View Post
Turn off all your addons, and try again. Just a suggestion, mind you, but I had a similar problem once, and it was because I was trying to load 2 addons that conflicted in some way.
The only addons I have running I believe was the RealUI package items. But I'll give it a whirl thanks for the quick response will let you know

EDIT: OKay disabled all addons and now it looks ike I'm gonna have to go through 1 addon at a time and see which is conflicting. Thx for the advice man really mad me upset when I wasn't able to use my favorite ui.

EDIT #2: GRID seems to be the problem that is causing it to crash. Is there a known issue here or do I gotta do something special I must have missed.

Last edited by Tylothion : 03-21-13 at 12:14 PM.

03-21-13, 12:35 PM   #762
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Tylothion View Post
The only addons I have running I believe was the RealUI package items. But I'll give it a whirl thanks for the quick response will let you know

EDIT: OKay disabled all addons and now it looks ike I'm gonna have to go through 1 addon at a time and see which is conflicting. Thx for the advice man really mad me upset when I wasn't able to use my favorite ui.

EDIT #2: GRID seems to be the problem that is causing it to crash. Is there a known issue here or do I gotta do something special I must have missed.
No known issues afaik. Is that with just Grid enabled and all it's modules (ie. GridStatusRaidDebuff) disabled?

03-21-13, 12:54 PM   #763
Tylothion
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
No known issues afaik. Is that with just Grid enabled and all it's modules (ie. GridStatusRaidDebuff) disabled?
I had to turn off grid and all its modules just so it would work for me :\

03-21-13, 01:04 PM   #764
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

I had to turn off grid and all its modules just so it would work for me :\
First thing I'd suggest is to exit WoW and delete your WTF folder. Just to make sure Grid's operating off of clean settings.

03-21-13, 01:10 PM   #765
Tylothion
A Murloc Raider
First thing I'd suggest is to exit WoW and delete your WTF folder. Just to make sure Grid's operating off of clean settings.
I did and it still crashes the game and even the internet. And its only grid and its modules otherwise the game works fine. Gets to 10% sound cuts off. Internet then dies sits at the loading bar screen and finally returns to the disconnected screen.

03-21-13, 01:52 PM   #766
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

I did and it still crashes the game and even the internet. And its only grid and its modules otherwise the game works fine. Gets to 10% sound cuts off. Internet then dies sits at the loading bar screen and finally returns to the disconnected screen.
Disable all AddOns but Grid and it's modules. See if it still crashes.

03-21-13, 03:16 PM   #767
Anj
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

What I'd do would be these (I also do this with other UIs when I can)...
1. Clear my downloads folder of anything Real-related.
2. Delete my Interface and WTF folders.
3. Re-download RealUI.
4. Copy the Interface and WTF folders from the RealUI download.
5. Go to the WTF folder and configure it to my accountname.
6. Hopefully profit.

I clear my downloads folder because I tend to install an older version. I also sometimes forget to reconfigure my accountname in the WTF folder. I hope that helps.

Last edited by Anj : 03-21-13 at 03:18 PM.

03-21-13, 04:13 PM   #768
Tylothion
A Murloc Raider
Disable all AddOns but Grid and it's modules. See if it still crashes.
It worked with just grid and its modules. Everything else is turned off. So what would be the issue here? I also deleted my downloads folder. Redownloaded realui and followed the steps from the other suggestion. Where to go from here is the question knowing Grid works alone but not with another addon.

Edit: OKay so I enabled some addons like OUF and the realui OUF... Nib addons.... and also bartender4 and it crashed.

Edit #2: So I have everything running fine other then any of the Nib Addons... I clicked load NibsLibs and NibRealUI and it crashed. So I hope that helps in trying to figure this all out.

Edit #3: Narrowed it down EVEN FURTHER! nibsRealUI is the only one that won't load properly with Grid activated.

Last edited by Tylothion : 03-21-13 at 04:27 PM.

03-21-13, 05:32 PM   #769
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Edit #3: Narrowed it down EVEN FURTHER! nibsRealUI is the only one that won't load properly with Grid activated.
How very odd. Try doing this:

Delete the nibRealUI\Modules\GridLayoutChanger.lua file
See if it crashes again

On 7.4 news, got a working prototype of my new HuD Config going. Still in the works, so it will be different at release.

03-21-13, 05:54 PM   #770
Tylothion
A Murloc Raider

See if it crashes again

On 7.4 news, got a working prototype of my new HuD Config going. Still in the works, so it will be different at release.
Still crashes. But on the 7.4 news... It looks awesome!

03-21-13, 06:00 PM   #771
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Still crashes.
Try deleting the FrameMover.lua file. It's the only other RealUI module that touches Grid. If that's not responsible... you don't happen to have WoW installed in Program Files or a User folder, do ya?

03-21-13, 06:35 PM   #772
Tylothion
A Murloc Raider
Try deleting the FrameMover.lua file. It's the only other RealUI module that touches Grid. If that's not responsible... you don't happen to have WoW installed in Program Files or a User folder, do ya?
LOL don't tell me it was that this whole time. I do have my Wow installed into Program Filesx86
I'll move it to another folder in computer and try that

jesus if that was it I am gonna feel bad for wasting ya'lls time.

Edit: Well I moved it out of the program file and its now installed in compuer. C:/world of warcraft. But it still crashed so Im gonna try deleting the FrameMover.lua and GridLayoutchanger.lua one more time.

Edit #2: Moved the files from program files.... Deleted FrameMover.lua and GridLayoutChanger.lua and it still is crashing. This is unfortunate. :\

Last edited by Tylothion : 03-21-13 at 06:43 PM.

03-21-13, 06:45 PM   #773
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

LOL don't tell me it was that this whole time. I do have my Wow installed into Program Filesx86
I'll move it to another folder in computer and try that

jesus if that was it I am gonna feel bad for wasting ya'lls time.

Edit: Well I moved it out of the program file and its now installed in compuer. C:/world of warcraft. But it still crashed so Im gonna try deleting the FrameMover.lua and GridLayoutchanger.lua one more time.

Edit #2: Moved the files from program files.... Deleted FrameMover.lua and GridLayoutChanger.lua and it still is crashing. This is unfortunate. :\
Well, it's a mystery. Maybe try running repair.exe

03-21-13, 06:47 PM   #774
Tylothion
A Murloc Raider
Well, it's a mystery. Maybe try running repair.exe
Yea, Oh well I love the work you put into this. But I'm just gonna have to deal with a second rate ui. I'll run a repair.exe tonight and try from there. Anyways Nib thanks for the help! Keep up the good work!

03-21-13, 06:54 PM   #775
Murfstar
A Murloc Raider
Hey Nib,
7.4 is looking awesome, but I have a suggestion for you.
Could you add some kind of DoT Tracker for multiple targets? Either something like PlateBuffs(which currently isn't working with or without the realui nameplate module running) or something like ForteXorcist(which is a pain in the ass to configure).
cheers

03-21-13, 08:30 PM   #776
valthonis
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Murfstar View Post
Hey Nib,
7.4 is looking awesome, but I have a suggestion for you.
Could you add some kind of DoT Tracker for multiple targets? Either something like PlateBuffs(which currently isn't working with or without the realui nameplate module running) or something like ForteXorcist(which is a pain in the ass to configure).
cheers
This. Having an algorithmic cooldown bar included in RealUI would be super sexy. Also, thanks for the amazing UI. It is the best one I've used, hands down. Keep up the great work man!

03-22-13, 06:00 AM   #777
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant

See if it crashes again

What are the arrows at the side for nib? I'll be keeping the old Raven and point display layouts I think, as I have my rotation helper/skill reminders in the middle there.

Also, should the action bar skin look like that now? Mine hasn't had the correct pixel font for a loooong time.

03-22-13, 08:34 AM   #778
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by BalwickMaggy View Post
What are the arrows at the side for nib? I'll be keeping the old Raven and point display layouts I think, as I have my rotation helper/skill reminders in the middle there.

Also, should the action bar skin look like that now? Mine hasn't had the correct pixel font for a loooong time.
They're just to indicate the outer edges of the HuD. Those Raven icons in the center only appear for certain classes (Rogue missing poison indicators, for example).

No, I fixed up the AB font in 7.4.

Last edited by Nibelheim : 03-22-13 at 09:07 AM.

03-22-13, 10:44 AM   #779
BalwickMaggy
A Cliff Giant
They're just to indicate the outer edges of the HuD. Those Raven icons in the center only appear for certain classes (Rogue missing poison indicators, for example).

No, I fixed up the AB font in 7.4.
Just for config's sake I gather then? Looking forward to all the little additions anyway Didn't think the UI was missing anything anyway, but they're nice touches.

03-22-13, 11:17 AM   #780
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by BalwickMaggy View Post
Just for config's sake I gather then? Looking forward to all the little additions anyway Didn't think the UI was missing anything anyway, but they're nice touches.
Yep, just for config's sake. There's a LOT of minor changes, and some fairly major ones.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » RealUI » RealUI