02-07-07, 09:31 PM   #61
Vint
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by RustySpork
Hi Mazzle, LOVE the UI, but I have a 15 inch monitor running at 1024X786 and found i needed to scale up the UI (through WoW video options) to avoid killing my eyes. Bongos makes moving the buttons back into position easy, but the player and party bars stay in the same place! I couldn't find anything in your FAQ's to address this issue. Could you please lend me a hand?
Thanks,
Rudeboy of Fenris
Its in the in game FAQ but the short answer is.. if you change the UI scale from .64.. all artwork, frames, etc will need to be manually moved. Mazzle no longer does the positioning through DFM or a similar mod, he sets the positions via LUA and the client side layout cache...which makes moving them a non-trivial matter and very much not recommended or supported

02-07-07, 09:47 PM   #62
endar
A Defias Bandit
im having a little trouble

at the moment everything is too small.. is there any way to enlarge it?

and im also having trouble setting up bongos its looking real messy with like some buttons missing here and there on the action bar.

02-07-07, 09:52 PM   #63
tehbaboon
A Murloc Raider
Name plates have disappeared. I've read the faq (7.1 and 3.3) and I still don't understand. I'm sorry for asking what I should already know but... I guess I'm a little slow. Someone help a brotha out here

02-07-07, 09:52 PM   #64
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by RustySpork
Hi Mazzle, LOVE the UI, but I have a 15 inch monitor running at 1024X786 and found i needed to scale up the UI (through WoW video options) to avoid killing my eyes. Bongos makes moving the buttons back into position easy, but the player and party bars stay in the same place! I couldn't find anything in your FAQ's to address this issue. Could you please lend me a hand?
Thanks,
Rudeboy of Fenris
You're really on your own for most of the stuff, if you want to change the scale. If you want to move the self and party frames are done through Discord Unit Frames.

02-07-07, 10:58 PM   #65
endar
A Defias Bandit
also which mod is the mod where it has all my portals, water casts and gem casts all in the same bar?

02-07-07, 11:01 PM   #66
Vint
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by endar
also which mod is the mod where it has all my portals, water casts and gem casts all in the same bar?
Its not a standalone addon. It is the contextual menu. Please read the FAQs and previous forum posts to see if your question has already been answered before posting.

02-07-07, 11:50 PM   #67
Lyc
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by PurpleWedgie
That fixed it, thank you! The default setting for the sort was bag 0, so I entered "/sa shardsort bag 4" for the far left bag.

ty ty ty, now to work on my mage layout

02-08-07, 12:00 AM   #68
Wook
A Murloc Raider
When I try too extract the files into the folder named MazzleUI on my desktop I get to various levels(it changes everytime I d/l it again) and then an error message comes up saying that there was an error in the compressed(zip) files.

I havn't seen anyone else on this forum with this problem so it is probably on my end but any help you could give would be great.

02-08-07, 12:06 AM   #69
Vint
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Wook
When I try too extract the files into the folder named MazzleUI on my desktop I get to various levels(it changes everytime I d/l it again) and then an error message comes up saying that there was an error in the compressed(zip) files.

I havn't seen anyone else on this forum with this problem so it is probably on my end but any help you could give would be great.
Haven't seen that.. I'd suggest deleting what you've already downloaded, and redownloading the file again. Maybe make sure your unzipper is updated?

02-08-07, 12:19 AM   #70
Peneth
A Fallenroot Satyr
This addon was well worth the wait! Easy to install, easier still to set up, this mod is this Druid's Emerald Dream.

But alas, I have a problem. I adore the graphics of my party. In fact I adore them so much I'd like to make them larger - or at least the buff/debuffs so I can better elect to decurse or depoison as the case may be. Any ideas how I can do this or is this a fleeting dream?

02-08-07, 12:23 AM   #71
joypunk
A Scalebane Royal Guard
Originally Posted by Peneth
This addon was well worth the wait! Easy to install, easier still to set up, this mod is this Druid's Emerald Dream.

But alas, I have a problem. I adore the graphics of my party. In fact I adore them so much I'd like to make them larger - or at least the buff/debuffs so I can better elect to decurse or depoison as the case may be. Any ideas how I can do this or is this a fleeting dream?
There is not an option in the UI to increase the size of the buffs/debuffs. If you are comfortable with it, you could fool around with DUF and resize them yourself. (I believe these are handled by DUF... Mazz will correct me if I'm wrong. =D ) Of course, any changes you make like that would not be supported.

Have you played with SmartDebuff at all? On the second page of Mazzification, one of the questions asks if you'd like to use SmartDebuff. I'm not personally very familiar with the addon since I play a Warrior, and well, there's nothing I can debuff... but it might be able to help you do some of what you're wanting to do. It won't make the buffs/debuffs any larger, but I believe it assists you in electing how/who to debuff/decurse/depoison/etc.

02-08-07, 12:25 AM   #72
Caspian
A Murloc Raider
oh god i'm so glad this got rereleased.

i am having 2 problems though

1: i am having trouble moving the weapon buff icons that originally appear near the self 3d portrait frame, i thought they would be part of DUF, but i have been unable to move them after unlocking the discord elements. i can move the rest of the frame, but not this portion.

2: above the target frame it lists the name of the target twice, i'm assuming this is a target of target aspect. i have created a more pronounced target of target that is easier to click on for me. i was wondering if there is a way to remove this extra text from above the target frame.

thanks for the great ui Mazzle, you might be the only gnome i don't kill on sight )

Cheers,
Caspian

02-08-07, 12:36 AM   #73
Wook
A Murloc Raider
The problem is still occuring even after I downloaded a new unzipper. What brand do you guys use?

02-08-07, 12:43 AM   #74
IceD
A Cyclonian
First of all just let me say that this is an incredible Mod and the work and effort put into it must be equally impressive if not more. But one thing that I have problems with is the status bars. Is there any way to change and reposition the Health/Mana bars for the character (and pet) and target? I find it very hard to keep track on what's going on because my eyes have to wander around everywhere. I know there are people who like it, but I'm unfortunately not one them. Having the HUD (which doesn't display Pet status..) up some may say will help, but it only adds to the confusion for me. I just like having these info in one area - not be be belitting- like the original WoW interface.

And just two more questions: Is it possible to change the color of the Health/Mana bars? Just need something that stands out a lot more. And font size - I play on 1920*1200 resolution using Mr. Magoo but some of the text is almost unreadable, like buff durations and health/mana, which again, adds to the stress of keeping along with info. I'm aware all this is partly due to being unaccustomed, but it troubles me to say that I might have to abandon this stunning mod because of a few but critical unfamiliarity.

- IceD

02-08-07, 12:44 AM   #75
Vint
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Wook
The problem is still occuring even after I downloaded a new unzipper. What brand do you guys use?
I use a Mac, so I just use the one built into the OS. Most windows users I know use Winzip or something similar. Can you enter the actual text of the error message? that might let us help you a little more.

02-08-07, 12:47 AM   #76
Vint
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by IceD
First of all just let me say that this is an incredible Mod and the work and effort put into it must be equally impressive if not more. But one thing that I have problems with is the status bars. Is there any way to change and reposition the Health/Mana bars for the character (and pet) and target? I find it very hard to keep track on what's going on because my eyes have to wander around everywhere. I know there are people who like it, but I'm unfortunately not one them. Having the HUD (which doesn't display Pet status..) up some may say will help, but it only adds to the confusion for me. I just like having these info in one area - not be be belitting- like the original WoW interface.
The unit frames are done using DUF, if you're comfortable with DUF you can make any changes you wish to it. I don't recall off the top of my head, if the 3d models are anchored to the unit frame, and will therefore follow the frame if you move it, or if they are anchored to the screen position..thats something Mazzle himself is probably going to have to answer

02-08-07, 01:07 AM   #77
Kamishimi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
Originally Posted by Vint
The unit frames are done using DUF, if you're comfortable with DUF you can make any changes you wish to it. I don't recall off the top of my head, if the 3d models are anchored to the unit frame, and will therefore follow the frame if you move it, or if they are anchored to the screen position..thats something Mazzle himself is probably going to have to answer
I'm 99% sure that the 3d models are anchored to the DUF unit frames that they correspond to.

If you are not familiar with DUF (Discord Unit Frames), then I don't suggest simply bringing up the options panel and starting to change stuff. If you'd like to learn more about DUF and how to use it so you can customize your own installation of MazzleUI, I suggest visiting http://www.discordmods.com/ and reading up on some of the tutorial documents you find there in regards to DUF. It's simple to learn how to edit your unit frames with DUF, but you're likely to just create problems if you fool around with options when you have no clue what they do.

MazzleUI v1.0 Coming Soon to an Interface Near You!
http://mazzlefizz.wowinterface.com/

02-08-07, 01:08 AM   #78
IceD
A Cyclonian
Originally Posted by Vint
Took a peek at Discord, played around and don't think I'll be messing with it again >.>

02-08-07, 01:15 AM   #79
Merliin
A Murloc Raider
No Mazzlegasm

I have anticipated this mod for months now. After installing it on a 19" Monitor with 1280 x 768 res @ .64 scale ui, EVERYTHING is waaay too small. I spent 3 and a half hours reading all the faqs and orientation and usage only to find out that resizing the now out of place artwork will be no easy task.

I DL'ed "Move Anything" To resize the frames (which took me hours) only to log out and log back in to find that everything i resized is now back to its original size. I cant even read the questlog text its so rediculously small. I tried tweaking bongos but everytime i try to move a bar it appears right back where it was to begin with.

I couldnt see anyones names. I couldnt tell if it was alliance rolling up on me or not till it was too late. Usually red = dead but i cant see anyones names therefore no red. Everytime i casted a spell this dam NEW RECORD FROSTBOLT or ICELANCE popped up in the middle of the screen. 2480 frostbolt new record -> next spell -> 1300 frostbolt new record....WTF??? I could never tell what % a mob was because the health % above the health bar text was waay to small.

I could go on and on, so far spent around 5 hours reading and tweaking only to be overwhelmed by the fact that nothing i tried to tweak stayed the same when i logged in again. I like my whispers to be light blue but everytime i log out and in it turns back to purple.

Great Looking UI Mazz you should be commended however the UI scale is just waay to small for me and im not about to spend the rest of my life resizing artwork to which you yourself said it was hard to do and not reccommended. I went back to my old UI in sadness, but sometimes less is more. Your UI (while great) is hugely overcomplicated especially when i have to get 2" away from my monitor to read anything. I could tweak and work with the other problems but the ui scale is just not workable. Good luck Mazz, and if you ever decide to release a bigger scaled version i will definately give it a shot. Peace

02-08-07, 01:50 AM   #80
Pudie
A Murloc Raider
I cant seem to get the smart buff icon off the center of my screen. Any help please?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » OLD Support Thread (Ask questions here!) OLD