07-22-10, 01:08 PM   #461
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Icecoldcoke View Post
So we wouldn't be able to be playing on the beta right now if our keys worked right now anyway.
No, but we could be DOWNLOADING the software.
07-22-10, 01:08 PM   #462
tayedaen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Hi,

just for the record: My key is also not working.
Tracking ID: 000308
eu.battle.net, language: german, country: austria
07-22-10, 01:12 PM   #463
Pup
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for getting the new batch of keys sorted. I'm presuming this is an issue for everyone with the new batch, I also get the same messages as people above, and have an EU account.
07-22-10, 01:14 PM   #464
Icecoldcoke
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Emythrel View Post
You can have more than one wow account associated to your battle.net and I know many husbands and wives who have both accounts on one battle.net account. And as far as I'm aware, its perfectly legit for them to do so.

However, as stated above, they wouldn't be able to both play cata at the same time.... though in theory i would assume they can take turns lol
"My family plays World of Warcraft together. Should we create a single Battle.net account for all of our World of Warcraft accounts?

No. Sharing access to a World of Warcraft account, other than by a parent or guardian with a single minor, is a violation of World of Warcraft's Terms of Use. You should create a separate Battle.net account for each family member's World of Warcraft account. In addition, future Battle.net features will make it beneficial for players to have the Battle.net account they use associated with their own online identity. Creating separate accounts for you and your family ensures you will be able to take advantage of these features when they are introduced later on."

http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=26030

Originally Posted by ezarra View Post
No, but we could be DOWNLOADING the software.
Didn't even think about that. :|
07-22-10, 01:20 PM   #465
Niagairt
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

US --- Same thing still going on as of 12:19 Pacific time(where Blizz is) using URL https://us.battle.net/account/management/add-game.html
07-22-10, 01:26 PM   #466
Emythrel
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Icecoldcoke View Post
"My family plays World of Warcraft together. Should we create a single Battle.net account for all of our World of Warcraft accounts?

No. Sharing access to a World of Warcraft account, other than by a parent or guardian with a single minor, is a violation of World of Warcraft's Terms of Use. You should create a separate Battle.net account for each family member's World of Warcraft account. In addition, future Battle.net features will make it beneficial for players to have the Battle.net account they use associated with their own online identity. Creating separate accounts for you and your family ensures you will be able to take advantage of these features when they are introduced later on."

http://us.blizzard.com/support/artic...rticleId=26030

Didn't even think about that. :|
Ok, I guess you need to learn to read......

You can use 1 battle.net account and associate MULTIPLE wow accounts.

Each person uses their OWN wow account, which is associated to the same Battle.net account.

so long as you play different wow accounts then you can all use the same battle.net account....... and alot of people do so. I highly doubt blizz would ban someone because they used the same battle.net account as their wife. more to the point... how would blizzard know?
07-22-10, 01:26 PM   #467
Qulight
A Defias Bandit
One more wave of keys is expected?
07-22-10, 01:28 PM   #468
Momo2k10
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Cairenn, did you have time to take a look at the PM I sent you a few days ago?
07-22-10, 01:28 PM   #469
Kaidian
A Theradrim Guardian

Each person uses their OWN wow account, which is associated to the same Battle.net account.

so long as you play different wow accounts then you can all use the same battle.net account....... and alot of people do so. I highly doubt blizz would ban someone because they used the same battle.net account as their wife. more to the point... how would blizzard know?
Actually sharing Bnet accounts is forbidden (you cant share login details remember) also with the advent of real id, its also pointless to share battle.nets for different accounts anyway
07-22-10, 01:31 PM   #470
dwex
A Fallenroot Satyr
Just wanted add another data point; my code is also not working, US battle.net

Thanks for all you're doing for us with this.
07-22-10, 01:32 PM   #471
Icecoldcoke
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Whether they're playing each other's accounts or not doesn't matter, they are still sharing access to the account. They could easily play each other's accounts if they wanted to.
07-22-10, 01:33 PM   #472
Emythrel
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Kaidian View Post
Actually sharing Bnet accounts is forbidden (you cant share login details remember) also with the advent of real id, its also pointless to share battle.nets for different accounts anyway
I know its forbidden, but its is done by many people. and in reality, Blizz can't stop people. If I had two accounts, i could pretend to be two completely different people, someone reports me for having two people playing using the same battle.net account...... I tell them that I have different persona's, one of them being my fictional wife.

What would blizz do? They wouldn't ban me as I have done nothing wrong.

Now remove the part where I actually do play both accounts, and replace it with my wife plays the other. When blizz contacts me, I give them the speil about having different personas. What do they do?

My point being, whether its against the rules or not, many people do it and blizz can't do all that much to stop them

Anyways. back on topic....... I WANT TO PLAY BETA!
07-22-10, 01:40 PM   #473
Motig
A Fallenroot Satyr

I can't help but feel a bit sad that I didn't see the news post until a week after it was posted
07-22-10, 01:45 PM   #474
Unkn
Premium Member

Its not working on US Battle.net either. Same error.
07-22-10, 01:45 PM   #475
Talryn
A Fallenroot Satyr

I didn't mean to spark a debate. :-(

The two accounts are just me now. When they were setup it was before battle.net. When battle.net came along I decided to use just one id for both accounts to make it easier for me.

Although...I have to admit that if you are paying for two accounts, I don't get why someone else couldn't play on that account. It's not as if they are losing money on it. I can understand why they don't like the idea of one account being shared by multiple people, but that's a different issue.

Sorry, though, didn't mean to de-rail the thread this much. :-)
07-22-10, 01:47 PM   #476
Kaidian
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Talryn View Post

The two accounts are just me now. When they were setup it was before battle.net. When battle.net came along I decided to use just one id for both accounts to make it easier for me.

Although...I have to admit that if you are paying for two accounts, I don't get why someone else couldn't play on that account. It's not as if they are losing money on it. I can understand why they don't like the idea of one account being shared by multiple people, but that's a different issue.

Don't worry, it gave me something to do in between pressing F5 :P
07-22-10, 01:51 PM   #477
Emythrel
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

#

Same as Kaidain, its pretty boring sitting at the comp waiting for the fix to arrive. I did however think it wasn't fair on others hence why I attempted to get back on topic lol.

Also, I do love a good debate on the finer points of blizzard's toc/eula and how they can enforce very little of it in reality. I am sure we all know atleast 1 person who uses a friends account to do them self an enchant or craft of some kind..... I know more than one lol
07-22-10, 01:52 PM   #478
Hamstah
An Aku'mai Servant
Potentially hard to enforce? Yup.

Doesn't necessarily make sense to the average law abiding WoW player? Yup.

Them's the rules? Yup.
07-22-10, 02:00 PM   #479
Emythrel
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Originally Posted by Hamstah-Emeriss View Post
Potentially hard to enforce? Yup.

Doesn't necessarily make sense to the average law abiding WoW player? Yup.

Them's the rules? Yup.
I can tell you the theory behind it, having run a gaming league back when Starfleet Command: Orion Pirates was shiny and new...... its a little different but the principle is the same.

Clan leaders were the only people who had full access to the clan's roster etc, so that only one person could have complete control. Others could be given almost the same powers but not quite, if you were found sharing your clan leader account we suspended the whole clan for a few days, weeks etc depending on how many times it happened.

In BF2 for example, I had a friend log into my account to play the Euro Forces expansion so I could get the unlocks from it.... bad move on my part.... I got punkbuster banned... I was unaware that he used an aimbot.

In wow The theory behind it that if two people play one account, and one cheats while the other is clean, both will get punished. So by sharing your account you are leaving yourself open to this possible "injustice".

With battle.net accounts I believe if one wow accounts get banned, all of the accounts associated with it do too. So potentially me being a bad boy would get my friend/gf who shares my bnet account banned too. Blizz try to avoid people gettin themselves in this situation.... and while I understand this..... its very hard to enforce.
07-22-10, 02:07 PM   #480
Unkn
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Emythrel
With battle.net accounts I believe if one wow accounts get banned, all of the accounts associated with it do too. So potentially me being a bad boy would get my friend/gf who shares my bnet account banned too. Blizz try to avoid people gettin themselves in this situation.... and while I understand this..... its very hard to enforce.
It is still only the one account that gets banned and with that account, the credit card used to pay for it gets banned from being used on battle.net. Thats how they are doing it now. Thats the control.

My good in-game bud was banned on his account he has had since vanilla, perma banned. Was sad day to never see those toons again. But he still uses the same battle.net id and just started a new account. But had to use a different payment method.

Side note... which is the purpose of the thread. yay beta... whenever the keys work Thanks WoWI!

ohhh my name thingy changed... "A Theradrim Guardian" now... hrm

Last edited by Unkn : 07-22-10 at 02:10 PM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Massive AddOn Author Cataclysm Beta Key Give-Away!