03-17-09, 11:37 AM   #1
Ookami.kun
A Cliff Giant

Unhappy C Stack Overflow

Just curious if anyone has ever run into any errors with mods pertaining to C Stack Overflows. It seems to mainly occur when I'm flying around a zone and switching to my map to keep an eye on where I am and if I'm going in the right direction. WoW will freeze for a second then recover but my bug window will then pop up with an error pertaining to one of a couple mods listing the cause as a C Stack Overflow error. I remember a little of what this means, but it's been so long since I took a programming class that what I remember may not be right. Any way, any insight would be of great help since I'm wondering if this might also be the underlying issue with why WoW likes to crash on me more than it should with memory overwrite issues to some of the files (Map???.cpp, and one other I can remember at the moment). I'll try to post screen shots later, but for now I'm looking for possible causes and if it's the mods, WoW, or M$ Winblows... >_< Thanks.
03-17-09, 01:05 PM   #2
OrcanWonder
A Cyclonian

Disable all your mods and then see if it still happens. If so it's not the mods. If not, re-enable half your mods and test it again, if it reoccurs, disable half of what you re-enabled. Now keep this up until you figure out which mod is giving you the problem. That's an old programmer's trick when we were working with tables.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » C Stack Overflow