AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Post TK Undead Gothic UI Theme version 1.1.2005

Wow Undead Gothic UI Theme

Updates:

Latest updates and information:

* November, 10 2005

Updates/Fixes in Version 1.1.2005

- Fixed offset borders.
- Completed tabbed dialog art conversion. (one tab was previously not converted to undead art)
- Replaced many more UI pieces with Undead Gothic art.
- Added a clean (without border design) parchment to Quest Log panel.

Previous notes:

This UI was designed to be a simple themed graphics swap-out, as not to break add-ons. I didn't want it to be overstated or understated, so hopefully I found a balance that is somewhere between the two. I really like the default Wow UI, Blizzard did an absolutely fantastic job designing it.

This is really last minute stuff, as I've been working on several different games at once (3 of them), and have been in-out of town during the last stretch. There are a LOT of pieces to the Wow UI, too many to completely replace at first pass, but the initial release for Halloween will have enough of the UI changed graphically to enjoy the theme. I will come back and make major overall improvements to it of course.

There are going to be 2 different types of Menu decorations available, the skull and candles are just 1 of the two.

Design comments:

Rather than borrow from previous Warcraft art, such as the Warcraft RTS interface skins. I incorporated my own style within the existing framework, without having to exadurate features to leap out at you. I really wanted a clean Undead skin that didn't distract away from the game enviroment, but rather conveyed a dark-muted haunted-cemetary-like palette. (If anyone is planning to - or has used previous WC1-3 RTS UI art for Wow UI's, this is not intended as a negative comment, but rather to simply state I wish to use my own style.)

The screenshot has side-by-sides so you can see what I mean. Some possible additions later on include animations, such as glowing candles. Again, this is a very quick swap-out graphical theme. Much more elaborate designs are on the horizon. Another has already been started.

This skin is working now, and should be released soon with in-game screenshots.

Two great people: Kuvasie and Tain are working with me on this project, we're working hard now making any last minute additions.

Thank you.

[ T.King's World of Warcraft Themes Portal ]

Last edited by T.King : 11-10-05 at 11:15 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » A Wow TK Undead UI Theme, just in time for Halloween