01-07-10, 11:21 AM   #1
Cantankerous
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Blacksmithing cacophony

I'm working on blacksmithing for once, and the noise at the forge is so irritating. Ping! Clank! Tap tap tap...

I've found alternate sounds for guns which makes hunters much less annoying. Anyone made a setup for blacksmiths?

A general sound-set addon might be a cool project, where you could choose from a list of sound sets for a given activity.
01-07-10, 11:44 AM   #2
help137
An Aku'mai Servant
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I've put one up that silences some of the more anoying mount sounds (Silent Horses) and I use one of the altered gunshot sounds, but I'm not aware of one for the blacksmithing sounds. It wouldn't be too hard to do, but for something like smithing which I do for a few minutes, then go somewhere else, I just hit CTRL-S to tun off all SFX, then hit it again to turn them back on when I'm done.

If you're looking to track down the sound files you want silenced, check out the AudioX II addon.

-Angula

Originally Posted by Cantankerous View Post
I'm working on blacksmithing for once, and the noise at the forge is so irritating. Ping! Clank! Tap tap tap...

I've found alternate sounds for guns which makes hunters much less annoying. Anyone made a setup for blacksmiths?

A general sound-set addon might be a cool project, where you could choose from a list of sound sets for a given activity.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Blacksmithing cacophony