01-29-12, 12:31 AM   #1
alelb22
Mr. Kobold

Blizz Minimap and Carbo minimap not merging

I've returned to play WoW after a while. I think that some time ago, my maps used to merge to display the dungeon map.
Now, after updating my addons, I'm having this issue on ALL dungeons (old and new)

Now if I enable the Full Size option on Minimap, you can see that I'm on the same area and the zoom is almost the same.

This are the options I have enabled on Map Minimap

Is there any way to make them merge so my map displays the quest icons (like the turn in npcs) on the carb map???

P/S: I've tried disabling all addons and the zone map is not enabled... (googled a bit...)

EDIT:
This is how I would like to see the map when I'm inside a dungeon:

Thanks in advance for your time

Last edited by alelb22 : 01-29-12 at 01:41 AM.

01-29-12, 10:06 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I think your map acts the way it does because of the way you have it set up.

Here is a screen shot of my Map Minimap options page: Click image for larger version

Name:	Carb-MM_Opt.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	6774
You will notice that I don't have the option checked to use the Carbonite Button Window. I use Minimap Button Frame for my minimap buttons. I feel it is more flexible than the Carbonite button window.

Here is a screen shot of my Carbonite minimized map while I'm in Maraudon: Click image for larger version

Name:	Carb-Maraudon.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	6775

I think the quest giver and turn in icons are shown on the Carbonite map by default when Carbonite is installed (at least I don't remember ever having to do anything to have them show on the Carbonite map). Try checking the "Modules" page of Carbonites options and make sure the "Quest" module is enabled.

One other thing I noticed: Your Carbonite minimized map is set up to be "landscape" (rectangular) shaped. It does look nice that way, but please be aware that, apparently, the Blizzard minimap can only be made to be square while it is integrated with the Carbonite map. The Blizzard minimap will (in my opinion) never cover the entire Carbonite minimized map while it (the Carbonite map) is rectangular.

You might, also, want to go to your "Path to your WoW folder\Interface\AddOns\Carbonite\" folder and read through the "CarboniteReadMe.txt" plain text file. It will tell you quite a bit about what Carbonite does, and also give you quite a bit of information about how it can be set up. unfortunately, that file is still one of Carbonites "best kept secrets".

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 01-30-12 at 11:24 AM.

01-31-12, 01:26 AM   #3
alelb22
Mr. Kobold

Thanks for your response. It didn't work. That only makes the blizz minimap go full size and is not what I'm looking... The idea is to make them both go fullsize and one over the other, like when I'm outside..

01-31-12, 11:25 AM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
I think your map acts the way it does because of the way you have it set up.

One other thing I noticed: Your Carbonite minimized map is set up to be "landscape" (rectangular) shaped. It does look nice that way, but please be aware that, apparently, the Blizzard minimap can only be made to be square while it is integrated with the Carbonite map. The Blizzard minimap will (in my opinion) never cover the entire Carbonite minimized map while it (the Carbonite map) is rectangular.
(Quote snipped to remove irrelevant parts and emboldened for emphasis.)

My guess is that when you are outside the Carbonite map takes over and that is all you see unless you hold the "ctrl" key (which, when held, will force Blizzards minimap to appear on top of Carbonites map). However, when you enter a dungeon, the Blizzard minimap is shown (on top of the Carbonite map) by default. That is intended behavior by Carbonite. Blizzards minimap is, apparently, one size or shape unless forced to another size or shape. Carbonite will make Blizzards minimap square, but as far as I can tell it doesn't have any coding to force Blizzards minimap to a rectangular shape which is what you will need for it to cover your Carbonite minimized map (at any time) in the rectangular shape that you have it (the Carbonite minimized map) set to. There may be another addon to reshape the Blizzard minimap to a rectangle that works with Carbonite, but I don't know what addon that might be.

TL, DR: The Blizzard minimap just won't completely cover Carbonites map in dungeons if the Carbonite minimized map is set to be rectangular.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 01-31-12 at 11:30 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Blizz Minimap and Carbo minimap not merging