05-09-10, 09:16 PM   #1
invispoet
A Murloc Raider
2 changes i'm trying to make (carbonite ui)

I've been using carbonite for quite a while, and it's one of my favorite addons. There are, however, 2 little things that i've been trying to find a way to change, and i'm wondering if anyone else has any suggestions, or insight on whether it can actually be done or not.

1) when i am flying, the carbonite map and minimap shift a bit...the map zooms way in, and my 'minimap' is reduced to a top left corner. Every time i land from a flight path, i have to manually zoom my minimap out again. I am trying to find a way to stop this from changing every time i go on a flight path.

2) Every time i log on, the carbonite achievement/quest tracker is hidden, and the blizzard one is shown. Generally i have to go into the carbonite options list, and uncheck the 'hide' button. I have to do this every time i relog or reload my ui. Is there any way to change this? On a related topic, it would be nice if i could configure the quest tracker to either auto minimize or auto hide when i join a raid, and then reappear when i leave the raid.

Again, i'm not sure if these things are actually able to be done or not, just hoping for some input.

05-10-10, 11:44 AM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by invispoet View Post
I've been using carbonite for quite a while, and it's one of my favorite addons. There are, however, 2 little things that i've been trying to find a way to change, and i'm wondering if anyone else has any suggestions, or insight on whether it can actually be done or not.

1) when i am flying, the carbonite map and minimap shift a bit...the map zooms way in, and my 'minimap' is reduced to a top left corner. Every time i land from a flight path, i have to manually zoom my minimap out again. I am trying to find a way to stop this from changing every time i go on a flight path.

2) Every time i log on, the carbonite achievement/quest tracker is hidden, and the blizzard one is shown. Generally i have to go into the carbonite options list, and uncheck the 'hide' button. I have to do this every time i relog or reload my ui. Is there any way to change this? On a related topic, it would be nice if i could configure the quest tracker to either auto minimize or auto hide when i join a raid, and then reappear when i leave the raid.

Again, i'm not sure if these things are actually able to be done or not, just hoping for some input.
I've never noticed the map problem after taking a taxi, so I'm not too sure what can be done there. The only thing I can think of (and I'm not saying this will cure it) is to see if there is a check in the "Auto scale" box that is on the top right corner of the minimized map header (frame). Now, there are actually two boxes there: The one all the way to the right is to lock your map, while the one next to it (left of it) is the "Auto scale" check box.

I just recently started using the Blizzard minimap and the Carbonite minimized map as a "merged" unit. I've noticed that, depending on the situation, the Bliz map is constantly changing size inside the Carbonite map. I don't have the options set to dock the minimap except when I go inside, simply because when I dock the minimap it is always sitting at a fixed size anchored to wherever it is docked to, and that doesn't help for gathering at all. But, that's my problem.

I have absolutey NO idea why your quest watch is hidden every time you log on. I am curious, though, as to why you would have both the Carbonite Quest Watch and the Blizzard Objective's tracker active at the same time, and that may be why it works the way it does. I'm not saying it is, just that it might be the reason.

Two things: You can set a key bind to minimize the quest watch in the default key binding interface, and, if you go to the "Quest Watch" page in Carb's options, there is a check box to "Hide when in a raid group".

I hope this helps at least a little.

05-10-10, 05:48 PM   #3
invispoet
A Murloc Raider
the auto scale box DOES have a check in it, i'll uncheck it and see if that fixes that one issue.

As for the quest/objective tracker...i'm actually TRYING to disable the blizzard default objectives tracker, but it seems when i do this, the carbonite one stops working simultaneously, so i get the feeling i have to have both on at the same time. The Blizzard quest tracker is actually staying hidden, but when i join a raid, all the quest trackers (blizzard and carbonite) are hidden, but the blizzard objectives tracker is still there. (basically an issue because i'm working on loremaster currently)

05-11-10, 12:28 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by invispoet View Post
the auto scale box DOES have a check in it, i'll uncheck it and see if that fixes that one issue.

As for the quest/objective tracker...i'm actually TRYING to disable the blizzard default objectives tracker, but it seems when i do this, the carbonite one stops working simultaneously, so i get the feeling i have to have both on at the same time. The Blizzard quest tracker is actually staying hidden, but when i join a raid, all the quest trackers (blizzard and carbonite) are hidden, but the blizzard objectives tracker is still there. (basically an issue because i'm working on loremaster currently)
OK. I'm sorry, but I really am getting confused here. Are you trying to disable Blizzards quest tracker, or tracking an achievement? For Blizzard, the "Objectives Tracker" does both (just as Carbonite's "Quest Watch" does). If you are "tracking" an achievement it will show up in the default quest tracker that is, if I remember correctly, located along the right side of your screen. It should also show up in Carbonite's Quest Watch window (at the top of the list, and in a different color, I believe).

You can disable the default quest tracker simply by going to the Blizzard interface options window ("esc" > Interface > Game > Objectives) and unchecking all the options on that page. I usually leave the "Instant Quest Text" option checked, but I don't know if that's really necessary. You might have to "/rl" for the changes to take effect. Then go to your Carbonite options and make sure to check mark this option: Carbonite Options > Quest Watch > "Show tracked achievements. Hide Blizzard's watch list." After that, your achievements (and quests) should be tracked solely in the Carbonite Quest Watch.

To hide the Carbonite Quest Watch in a raid, simply go to your Carbonite "Options" and open to the "Quest Watch" page. Scroll down the options page about three quarters of the way and there is an option to "Hide when in a raid group". Make sure there is a check mark in that box, and it should hide in raids.

05-15-10, 07:34 PM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Just an update. I decided to do the quest chain for the "Venomhide Ravesaur" mount in Un'Goro Crater, and, for some reason, the first part of this chain (Toxic Tolerance) is not recognized by Carbonite. I re-enabled the Blizzard "Objectives Tracker" just to track this quest and after it was done disabled it again. Now the fun stuff. Every time I log in to a character, the Blizzard quest tracker is open on the right side of my screen, even though when I check everything about it is disabled on the "Objectives" page for the Blizzard "Options". While I'm not tracking any more quests in it, I am tracking several Achievements and they are the only thing that show up there. All of my quests only show up in the Carbonite Quest Watch, which I keep minimized, and have a key binding to maximize and minimize. Now, I have noticed that the first time I "open" my quest watch, the Blizzard Objectives Tracker goes away and doesn't appear again during that session. However, the next time I log on, there it is again. Irritating, but livable.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » 2 changes i'm trying to make (carbonite ui)