07-20-10, 02:32 PM   #1
Tondef
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thumbs up PUG Plug (Website for planning and signing up for raids)

I stumbled upon this while browsing RSS feeds. And well so excited for it, that I had to help spread the word. A way to set our play availability schedules, and see what raids are available during those times, and sign-up. For raid leaders they can balance the groups, check achievements, gearscore, and link directly to WoW-Heros. Now just need a way to load the raid right into the calendar in game.

I can't help but think, while scrolling through pages and pages of raid posts on forums that this is the better way.

The developer says it better than me:

What is this site for?

I have a family, and hence often have problems with keeping my commitments to guild raids, I also have little time to dedicate to playing overall, so I tend to be less favorable when it comes to guild runs. Because of that I often find myself in a PUG, being a rogue, however, it is hard to find a group, unless I organize it myself, or piggy back my brother-leet-tankadin. The problem with PUGing using /lfr is that you have to sit online for hours looking for a group, or building one yourself. I figured there are have to be people with the same issue. So I dug around hoping there is a PUG scheduling tool already. I did find two: one wasn’t updated for WoTLK, one was in closed beta, so I decided to build one myself. Everybody I know thought this might be a good idea. Now, why?
  • You can schedule a raid or sign up for one from work.
  • You have more certainty if your participation have been confirmed (many times I sign up for a guild run, and loose my spot to a higher-ranking guildmate).
  • There are actually benefits to be in a PUG – since there is no points (i.e. DKP of some sort) system, those who run less (like myself) have a chances to get a loot equal to those who can afford spending every day in the game (of cause, part that sucks is that you never know if your PUG will work).
http://pugplug.com/

Pretty easy to set up your characters or guild, and see what matches your play time.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Gameplay » PUG Plug (Website for planning and signing up for raids)