04-30-09, 10:23 PM   #1
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Guild Roster Exporter?

I've been searching around here and the only thing I have found was Guild Roster Exporter. I understand that it's going to export the data in XML format, but I was wondering if there was another mod/add on out there that would be able to pull the guild roster out?

Any help or redirection would be greatly appreciated!

Fear my Aim, for it be True, Swfit, and Deadly!
04-30-09, 10:40 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
What exactly are you wanting that Guild Exporter doesn't do. As far as I am aware the game only saves out in a set format. Only a program outside of the game would be able to format it into another format. But then that format will probably not be readable in game anyway. Hence the initial question.
04-30-09, 11:06 PM   #3
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Well, I tried using Guild Roster Exporter and I guess because I couldn't copy and paste as intended. When it gives you the string, I try to highlight it all and it refuses to do so. So I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong exactly.

The purpose of me trying to find a guild roster exporter is our guild is going through some changes and I needed a list of names, ranks and etc. to work off of. That was all.

05-01-09, 12:43 AM   #4
FrankN
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
With RPG Outfitter (http://www.rpgoutfitter.com/) you can get the guild roster exported. You can either upload it on their page or make a roster page using WoW Roster (http://www.wowroster.net/) on your guilds site.
05-01-09, 01:54 AM   #5
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Alrighty, thank you! I'll take a look at those and see how I can implement them for use!

05-02-09, 06:24 AM   #6
PerfectH
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Couldn't you go to WoWArmory.com, search for your Guild, show your entire Guild, then select copy and paste it? It's a sloppy and quick method but I would think it would get the job done.
05-04-09, 08:39 PM   #7
Landrell
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by PerfectH View Post
Couldn't you go to WoWArmory.com, search for your Guild, show your entire Guild, then select copy and paste it? It's a sloppy and quick method but I would think it would get the job done.

You know, ironically enough, I did that. I didn't want to go through all that trouble though. But it worked out in the end. I am, however, going to experiment with the links that you fine people have suggested and see what I can do with these.

05-04-09, 09:27 PM   #8
septor
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
It would actually be fairly easy to throw together a PHP script that scraped the Armory to output the information you want.

Edit: Which I noticed you don't mention.

Edit 2: Here's something simple:

http://painswitch.com/wow/guild_parse.phps (see it working)

----

Edit 3: No idea if anyone used that, but I've fixed the invalid characters displaying and took the race, class, and gender IDs and converted them into the icons used on the Armory. Same URLs as above.

Last edited by septor : 05-05-09 at 10:36 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Guild Roster Exporter?