06-29-16, 12:22 AM   #1
H0PE
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Legion Beta PTR: No addons visible?

Hi,

I would love to use minions for the PTR, however the already installed addons aren't in the list.
Adding the folder to minions it says "we have not detected any Addons for World of Warcraft."

Am I missing something?
06-29-16, 06:23 AM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Hi H0PE,

Could you please post your minion.xml and minion.log? Just click the settings icon in the upper right. Scroll down to the bottom of the settings window and click the button 'Open Log'. A folder should open and there should be a minion.xml and minion.log file in it. The minion.xml will show me how minion is configured and the minion.log should hopefully show me any errors in the detection process.

Usually if its not listing addons its a path issue. You can confirm and check the path by clicking on the game on the left, then clicking on the options tab. Make sure the addon directory is correct under 'Game AddOn folder path'.

Last edited by Dolby : 06-29-16 at 06:42 AM.
06-29-16, 08:40 AM   #3
H0PE
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Dolby View Post
Hi H0PE,

Could you please post your minion.xml and minion.log? Just click the settings icon in the upper right. Scroll down to the bottom of the settings window and click the button 'Open Log'. A folder should open and there should be a minion.xml and minion.log file in it. The minion.xml will show me how minion is configured and the minion.log should hopefully show me any errors in the detection process.

Usually if its not listing addons its a path issue. You can confirm and check the path by clicking on the game on the left, then clicking on the options tab. Make sure the addon directory is correct under 'Game AddOn folder path'.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
So I've removed Wow PTR from the game list, tried to re-add it. Strangely it constantly asked me for:
1.) Select Game
2.) Select Game folder
Then it looped back to step one.
So I've selected game then game folder again. Done this like 2-3 times. Then I thought ok I just add another live WoW to the list, then I change the folder to point to the PTR folder afterward.

So I've selected the WoW Live folder and somehow the WOW PTR been added to the list (like somehow the loop finished from the prior selection.

Now I saw the addons and updated them.

I attached the log file still, hope that helps. Log file was a bit big so I've put it in a zip.
Attached Files
File Type: xml minion.xml (26.7 KB, 538 views)
File Type: zip minion.zip (237.4 KB, 424 views)
06-29-16, 09:09 AM   #4
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
I think I understand the issue. When adding a game you need to show Minion where the AddOn folder is, not the game directory. That isn't made clear at all in the process. I'm going to add a ticket to make this more clear in the UI. Sorry for the confusion on this.

Everything working for you now though right?
06-30-16, 01:27 AM   #5
H0PE
A Fallenroot Satyr
I see.

I'm glad I helped a bit.

Otherwise it is working, yes.

I love beta testing though, one of my strongest skillset finding issues.

Last edited by H0PE : 06-30-16 at 01:54 AM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Minion » Legion Beta PTR: No addons visible?