01-20-08, 06:34 AM   #1
Galinn
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
eepanels grouping frustrations

i am making the party layout for my new solid UI!

and i got a good idea me thinks and for that i need 2 attach panels (from eepanels2) at party frames!

so basicly...! when i go in party 1 bar must appear ALWAYS when i go in party!..

now the second part is!

when u go into party u dont know how many party members u have (unless u make one urself) so i need 2 make a second panel frame for each party member!

so now the idea is.. 1 "general" panel for when i go into party! and 1 panel wich will appear for each party member!

now first i tried parenting the panels like for the general panel that must appear for when i go into party!

i typed:

"party"

did not work

for each panel 2 appear for each individual party member i did this in the parent:

"party member #1"

doesnt work either!

can u guys give me some pointers on how 2 make this work!

thx in advance

~galinn~
01-20-08, 11:16 AM   #2
Sajomatic
Deuce Interfaces

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well you have to understand that the 'parent' names are not that simple. Each one is different for each addon, etc...

Ripped from the wiki...
Code:
How to find a frame's name
Put the following in a macro: /print GetMouseFocus():GetName() 
Use the macro to get the name of whatever frame your mouse is hovering over 
DON'T use this on an unlocked eePanel. You'll get a name like eePanelGuideFrame1 if you do. The actual panel name would actually be eePanel1 in this case. 
Note: If you would like your eePanel to resize when it's parent does, you may do so by attaching a script to it. See the eePanels Scripts page for an example. 
Note2: Some problems may arise when attempting to parent a panel to another addon's frame. This usually has something to do with frames not being created when the eePanel needs to reference them. See the eePanels Scripts page for other ideas on how to make panels appear when you wish them to.
If you are using 'Pitbull' you might need to consult the eepanels2 Official Thread because I believe the parenting of those specific frames are a little different.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » eepanels grouping frustrations