09-10-09, 02:19 AM   #1
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Mac-Specific Tracking Add-On

So, I was chit-chatting with a buddy of mine, and he was proudly boasting that he had a Mac-specific add-on (not available for PC users) that allowed him to track members of the opposite faction on his minimap as if they were gathering nodes, quest objectives, et cetera, and he said it was accurate to about 15 yards.

I'd have immediately passed it off as mindless bragging and compulsive lying except that I know the guy, and he never flexes muscles he doesn't have. I have known him to over-exaggerate things, however, and in light of that, I have boiled down what he said to the following truth:

1) He has a Mac-specific add-on.
2) It modifies tracking options.
3) It can somehow be exploited to track members of the opposite faction, though the accuracy could be debatable.

I don't know if it's something he's running in the game like an actual add-on or if it's something that runs externally (like the map hacks for Diablo II).

He refused to tell me what it was called, so I thought I'd ask here: has anyone heard of any Mac-specific tracking mods that can be used to track members of the opposite faction, and if so, what are they called?

09-10-09, 02:52 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It sounds like one of several third party Mini-Map hack programs. Aka, your buddy is playing "chicken" with the Banhammer.

09-10-09, 03:00 AM   #3
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

See, and that's what I think, too, but he swears up and down that it's "legit". If anyone can point me a direction to something a bit more specific, I'd be forever grateful.

09-10-09, 04:09 AM   #4
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Ask him the name of the AddOn, and where he downloaded it from.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.

09-10-09, 07:27 AM   #5
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Torhal View Post
Ask him the name of the AddOn, and where he downloaded it from.
All he'd tell me was that he got it off Apple's WoW AddOn downloader. (It's an AddOn manager that functions in much the same way Curse's does.) That's what bugs me about it most, I think. If he's right (and I'm not saying he is; I'm merely exploring the possibility), Apple is spreading awful hacks!

Last edited by us2006027321 : 09-10-09 at 07:31 AM.

09-10-09, 07:38 AM   #6
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Originally Posted by us2006027321 View Post
All he'd tell me was that he got it off Apple's WoW AddOn downloader. (It's an AddOn manager that functions in much the same way Curse's does.)
You don't want to know what I found on apple's download site.

Wowmatrix is the only thing I get after searching for wow addon. And even wowmatrix wouldn't distribute hacks, I guess.

09-10-09, 05:56 AM   #7
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by us2006027321 View Post
He refused to tell me what it was called
That right there would throw red flags to me about the legitimacy of any addon a friend was running. I don't know about other people here, but if a friend of mine came across a "latest greatest must have omg this is amazing" type addon, he'd share it with everyone.

I'd be worried about him playing chicken with the ban hammer too.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Mac-Specific Tracking Add-On