Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
09-10-09, 04:00 AM   #1
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Are gear rating add-ons beginning to wreck the game?

I just dinged 80 about a week ago (huzzah!), and I'm pretty excited that I can finally start running some heroics. This is the step that is needed so I can get geared and start raiding again. I have been pugging small groups here and there, and every time I get in a run, the puggies frown at me and try to tell me I'm undergeared, am going to be out of mana in a hurry, and that if they weren't desperate for cloth damage, they'd just as soon replace me. I always tell them I'm hit-capped. They say that doesn't matter. I tell them wait and see. We go through the run clearing trash, and I surprise them by never asking for a mana break. (With Evocate on its low two minute cooldown, I only need about five seconds when my mana is two-thirds of the way gone, and I'm good to go. This happens about every third or fourth fight, so I have enough mana to last me between Evocate cooldowns.) Then I blow them away when I top the dps chart on the bosses and only needed to pop a gem. They say my gear stats don't support topping the chart on bosses. I tell them they obviously must. They ask what my Spell Power is. They laugh when I say it's only about 1.3k and tell me it makes no sense. I tell them it works, because I'm hit-capped.

I've been tolerating this, because I want to get geared. Well, today, someone invites me to a group for chain-running heroics. They look at my health and mana and run a gear-rating add-on to check my gear. The add-on reports back a number they don't like, so they tell me I can't go. They wouldn't even take the time to try me out on one run.

I snapped.

You people with your add-ons... When did you get the idea that an add-on could tell you what my stats were, how much I know about my class, or how well I'm going to do on a boss? When did you begin thinking that an add-on could make it so you didn't have to think as much? Who told you that silly amounts of Spell Power was the only way to get good dps? Maybe some other idiots with my gear rating have done terribly, and the law of averages may be working against me, but that doesn't mean I'm not the exception to the perceived rule.

I know wtf I'm doing, and I'm tired of people telling me I'm a cloth-laiden pile of suck because their stupid mod says so.

What do you guys think? Are certain mods making it so that elitist jerks (ucwutididthar?) are getting too lazy to do their own homework? Has anyone else had this issue? How did you work around it?

Last edited by us2006027321 : 09-10-09 at 04:02 AM.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Are gear rating add-ons beginning to wreck the game?