11-05-14, 05:24 PM   #21
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Mereinid View Post
Well I guess I will wait for you and Phanx to co-create a new super rare announcer, so I can donate and then finally get that damn mount flying around in the Storm Peaks, that has been eluding me now for 8 years.....
Have fun pushing your macro 10000000000000000000000000 times!
11-05-14, 07:12 PM   #22
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I use RareAlert myself but the following was posted as the changes to _NPCScan over on cures's site. So it should be working very similar in essence to other methods mentioned in this thread already.

Originally Posted by SLOKnightfall
_NPCScan & Warlords

Due to changes in how the game caches mobs in WoD, it is looking like _NPCScan will no longer be able to auto detect non-Vignette mobs. Due to this the only way to find pre-MoP rares via _NPCScan will be via mouse over or the new dynamic target macro keybind being added. The new keybind will trigger a /targetexact …” macro that updates with tracked mobs based on the zone you are currently in. Vignette mobs will still automatically trigger an alert when the mob gets in range, and should work more reliably due to updates to the Vignette API.

V6.x Changes

Cache Scanning Removed - Due to changes in the way WoW cache mobs, NPCScan can no longer auto alert when mobs are nearby like it use to.
Dynamic TargetExact Macro Keybind - NPCScan now has a keybind you can set that will try to /exacttarget tracked mobs. This macro will dynamically update based on the zone you are in and which mobs are being tracked.
Updated Vignette Alerts - Vignette Alerts are now more reliable and show the actual mob when detected the majority of time.
11-06-14, 03:44 PM   #23
Mereinid
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Have fun pushing your macro 10000000000000000000000000 times!
Haha, ok ok ok, I can read the writing on the wall..no Phanx/Filzzlemizz NPC_Rare detector. Its ok, I have lived with rejection before...it wasn't pretty but I lived with it...*sniff* *sniff*

Thanks for the post, def9, great info. I guess I will be blowing out that key I bind that macro to, for the foreseeable future.

Ok, I am off to drink rum and reminisce over the almost NPC-Rare detector..that almost was...*sigh*

Luck and Loot,
Janaki, Draenei, 90 Hunter
Anginny, Gnome, 87 Death Knight

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Recently back to WoW