06-21-09, 01:45 AM   #1
Imakefood
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Post I'm a gamer,because...

THIS POST HAS BEEN MOVED TO http://www.iamagamer.net/index.php PLEASE REPOST WHAT YOU'VE POSTED HERE IN THE NEW THREAD! IT IS A NEWLY FORMED SITE HOSTED BY MYSELF UNDER THE NAME Sitrix! I'LL BE UPDATING IT A LOT! THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT. PLEASE TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT IT...THE MORE NUMBERS WE GET THE BETTER!

The site has been updated to show my plans with the thread. I'm sure you guys will love it

Last edited by Imakefood : 06-23-09 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Thread moved!
06-21-09, 02:03 AM   #2
Depresjon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm a gamer,because like my fellow shaman,im a dreamer,i like to run away from reality
Games make people happy and keep them of the street.
I don't believe in the bull**** like when a dude kills his classmates and after that people say : he played computergames,thats the reason why he did it.
People that commit a crime are sick,it's not the fault of computergames m'kay.
I love playing mmo's cause they have so much more then any other game.
Don't you remember your mom or dad that said : leave the computer and go outside and socialize with your friends,well mom or dad,we do tha online with our friends Lucky for me i live on my own hehehe
I play games on pc and other consoles like playstation 3 and psp
I play World of warcraft since december 2006.Before that i played many ofther games like the diablo series,warcraft series,CoD,Battlefield,Mohaa,...
Let's say just alot of games
World of warcraft is the best game i played so far.
06-21-09, 02:09 AM   #3
Imakefood

Originally Posted by Depresjon View Post
I'm a gamer,because like my fellow shaman,im a dreamer,i like to run away from reality
Games make people happy and keep them of the street.
I don't believe in the bull**** like when a dude kills his classmates and after that people say : he played computergames,thats the reason why he did it.
People that commit a crime are sick,it's not the fault of computergames m'kay.
I love playing mmo's cause they have so much more then any other game.
Don't you remember your mom or dad that said : leave the computer and go outside and socialize with your friends,well mom or dad,we do tha online with our friends Lucky for me i live on my own hehehe
I play games on pc and other consoles like playstation 3 and psp
I play World of warcraft since december 2006.Before that i played many ofther games like the diablo series,warcraft series,CoD,Battlefield,Mohaa,...
Let's say just alot of games

World of warcraft is the best game i played so far.
/agree with the linking of crimes to games! They're just squares,and desperatly seek an answer other than the classic,and yet proven...he's just syko! w/e tho...
06-21-09, 02:23 AM   #4
WillsDM
A Murloc Raider

"I'm a gamer because..." I gave up all my vices about 6 years ago (no smoking, drinking etc.) so now I spend my time and money on gaming with my family as both my wife and son play. We have a room full of consoles with hundreds of games, but we all come together the most in Warcraft.

So instead of spending upwards of $600 a month smoking and partying we invest in games and movies and spend quality family time together.
06-21-09, 02:26 AM   #5
Imakefood

Originally Posted by WillsDM View Post
"I'm a gamer because..." I gave up all my vices about 6 years ago (no smoking, drinking etc.) so now I spend my time and money on gaming with my family as both my wife and son play. We have a room full of consoles with hundreds of games, but we all come together the most in Warcraft.

So instead of spending upwards of $600 a month smoking and partying we invest in games and movies and spend quality family time together.
nothin like gaming to bring a family together. Thats good stuff. I'm the son of that same settup in my home
06-21-09, 02:53 AM   #6
Depresjon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by WillsDM View Post

Thats very nice.I wish all kids a parent like you.
People only mention bad things about gaming.
But what about the good things.
kids that play games have a better reaction.
It brings people toghetter.
06-21-09, 02:56 AM   #7
Imakefood

Originally Posted by Depresjon View Post
Thats very nice.I wish all kids a parent like you.
People only mention bad things about gaming.
But what about the good things.
kids that play games have a better reaction.
It brings people toghetter.
Heck i'm 15...gaming has greatly increased my vocabularly. I've learned a lot of uncommon words (maybe i cant spell them lol) but i know em,and from WoW i've learned a lot about money management. The list could go on and on but i think i've made my point.

GAME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
06-21-09, 03:18 AM   #8
Imakefood

fell asleep during Ulduar...stupid 10am raids... and ya know you dig the Stone Sour T. Don't lie!

Last edited by Cairenn : 06-27-09 at 01:20 PM.
06-21-09, 03:26 AM   #9
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by Imakefood View Post
fell asleep during Ulduar...stupid 10am raids... and ya know you dig the Stone Sour T. Don't lie!
LMAO! My oldest is 15 and he's done the same thing sitting at my laptop more than once! It's really good to see you posting threads like this... Proves that you're not ALL "stupid damn kids"!

(Sorry, kinda taking my frustrations out here over a different thread that I'm still a little steamed about)

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
06-21-09, 03:33 AM   #10
Imakefood

Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
LMAO! My oldest is 15 and he's done the same thing sitting at my laptop more than once! It's really good to see you posting threads like this... Proves that you're not ALL "stupid damn kids"!

(Sorry, kinda taking my frustrations out here over a different thread that I'm still a little steamed about)
Yeah man. I've met my fair share of the younger community,and it's not fair to say that children are dumb,nor dull,or unintelligent. I think it's a real shame that some of the people have sunk so low thay they get to that point,but it's whatever...don't mind them. Btw i think it's real nice you play with your kid. A lot better than not bonding at all...here's to parents like you
06-21-09, 03:35 AM   #11
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Yeah man. I've met my fair share of the younger community,and it's not fair to say that children are dumb,nor dull,or unintelligent. I think it's a real shame that some of the people have sunk so low thay they get to that point,but it's whatever...don't mind them. Btw i think it's real nice you play with your kid. A lot better than not bonding at all...here's to parents like you
THANKS! Now, GO TO BED!!!

/reflex reaction off

06-21-09, 03:41 AM   #12
Imakefood

THANKS! Now, GO TO BED!!!

/reflex reaction off
Hahaha...gotta love parenting jokes. Insomnia ftl tho I would if I could!
06-21-09, 03:43 AM   #13
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Hahaha...gotta love parenting jokes. Insomnia ftl tho I would if I could!
Well, then... GO MAKE SOME FOOD!

/sub-reflex reaction off

06-21-09, 03:46 AM   #14
Imakefood

Well, then... GO MAKE SOME FOOD!

/sub-reflex reaction off
I can see this going on forever. I'm gonna go ahead,and respond with a good firm. No. No to everything. Just no.
06-21-09, 03:50 AM   #15
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

DUDE!!!!!!

(added emphasis provided by a grant from the WoWI institute of minimum post length)

06-21-09, 05:34 AM   #16
Depresjon
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Thats cause in mmo's there still is a group of players who think that they are ''elite'',the peeps who only respond with : lawl,noob,tard,...Im sure we all know them.
06-21-09, 06:47 AM   #17
Jzar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I'm a gamer because games satisfy me. They take deduction, reasoning, learning, and give incentive for intellectual growth. (No, I don't argue that all games do. But the ones that appeal to me, and the ones that motivate me to game in the first place do.) They are fun, and I can spend as much or as little time on them as I choose.

I play World of Warcraft (and I write / modify addons for it), Guilds Wars, Demigod, Call of Duty 5, Sins of a Solar Empire, StarCraft, Masters of Orion II, and Moria.

Funny story: The first time I watched the replay of a map my (now) brother-in-law played in Starcraft in Shared Unit Control mode. There appears to (still) be a bug such that it can't record your teams actions when you share control with another player. Even though we tend to multiply and expand to fill a BGH map, when we watched the replay, it was like someone went back in time and killed our leader or something. All our units just sat there as an alternate timeline unfolded before our eyes where our enemies expanded to fill the map and killed us off. Good times!
06-21-09, 06:53 AM   #18
spiel2001
nUI's Author

I'm a gamer because...

I love being challenged mentally. The TV has a feature called "brightness" but turning it up doesn't seem to work.

I have always loved science fiction and fantasy... when I had more free time, I was an avid reader... Isaac Asimov, David Eddings, Arthur C. Clark, Tolkien, etc. Games like WoW bring that fantasy into not only a world you can read about and imagine, but one you can participate in.

Because I kept losing my 12 sided dice?

It's an awesome place to socialize. There's no shortage of jerks and a-holes and just plain morons in the world, but the same it true in the real world and, unlike the real world, WoW has an ignore feature that works. I really enjoy my guildies, I enjoy talking to people from all around the world of every age, ethnic, religious and socio-economic background on a level playing playing field. Everyone is a valuable friend and intelligent contributing member until they prove otherwise... no preconceptions at all (well... except for that red Horde symbol... must... squish... horde... must... squish... horder... must *wipes drool from chin*)

Three out of four of my kids play WoW and are in my guild. Of those who do play, two of them are grown, married and living in another state. But we still get to play together and have fun several times a week. That wouldn't be possible were it not for games like WoW.

My youngest daughter (11) plays with me in my guild, as well. She has a level 80 hunter (among a host of other toons), marks instances and plays quite well thank you very much. We love questing together. More than that, I think it's an invaluable experience for her... she's interacting on a real level with adults (well... some adults ~grin~) in a social setting and holds her own, she's learning goal setting, money management, problem solving, teamwork, strategy and a host of other very valuable life skills.

I'm a tech head... a proud geek. I must game! ~lol~ More than that, having gotten involved in the modding community has taken my gaming to a whole new level as now it's blending into my professional work and visa versa and I have a whole new community of people I interact with every day as a result of that.

It's all win... I game because I can and because I love it .

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/
06-21-09, 07:39 AM   #19
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I'm a gamer because ....

I first started playing online games when I found a business simulation game came out. It was mainly played by Europeans but it was fun. It combined my favorite type of game with the ability to chat to people.

I then got invited to play the beta of an online version of my favorite game of all time ( Sims Online ) back in 2002. I met a guy on there and we got to spend a lot of time together and after a few months the game became our nights out.

A year later we met up and have been at least once a year and am currently working on the immigration paperwork. He comes from Colorado, US and I am in London, UK. Seven times zones apart but thanks to the internet we can communicate and have fun.

In due time though Sims Online went through that patch of 'Lets see what we can do to make this but it doesn't work out that way' that most games go through to some degree.

At that point we started looking around for something else to do. We found Star Wars Galaxies and enjoyed that one so much we had 5 accounts each to hold the 10 characters we played. We both liked Star Wars and we got to do stuff together still.

SWG as it was known by soon had problems due to mass changes they did that affected alot of peoples reason for playing. Including ours. By 2004 ( I think ) we started looking out for another game. We found WoW. We thought that if the other games were trying to simulate what WoW had to attract its many players it's worth taking a look see.

After a few years we started getting bored of the same old stuff and decided to take a break and go and play the new Conan game. We got our characters to level 40 if I remember rightly but the game started to run out of things to do and we were missing the people we had grown to enjoy the company of in WoW. So within a few months .. or was it weeks? We trudged back to WoW and haven't left since.

So, why do I play online games ? Foremost for me is the ability to spend time with my fiance. My day isn't a good one if I haven't spent a few hours at least chatting to him while we do our own stuff. Secondly it is the people you meet and enjoy the company of. Thirdly and should be the most important but I don't dwell on money so nyah :P For a social interaction with millions ( okay maybe only about 50 people I chat to on a daily basis ) of people for as little as 16 dollars a month .. its the cheapest night out I have ever thought of.

My 3 brothers play WoW on the European servers and my fiance's son plays too. And even though my mother doesn't like that game as she didn't like being killed while she was looking at the nice animals - rofl - she knows the game is fun. And at least this way the worst that is happening is our power bill is through the roof

The good thing I like about playing on line ? People get to know people by their actions and conversations more than physical presence. Being a not so good physical specimen of a human it gave me a chance to find someone that I had a lot of common interests with and that liked me for who I was and not what I looked like.

And parents can rest easy about games like WoW if used in moderation. It promotes communication, problem solving, money management and release of anger tendancies without harming a physical bone on anyones body

Well thats why I play games online ... sorry about the length .. I did try to cut it down somewhat - rofl.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
06-21-09, 08:34 AM   #20
havoxx
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I'm a gamer because...

I love graphics, more-so than most other people, I can't draw for squat on paper, but I can do wonders(least I think so) with photoshop .

More recently I'm a gamer because of the community, I don't actually like WoW too much, as a game, but there are a lot of good people, and just hanging out and talking with them makes it worth some time. Even designing skins, I know a lot of people enjoy them, and that makes it woth the time it takes to design and put them into the game.

I guess I'm one of those social gamers, taking the gamerdna tests, I'm almost certain of it .

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Chit-Chat » I'm a gamer,because...