09-18-09, 08:36 AM   #1
rossman
A Cyclonian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
new panels and nUI 6

If we are creating new unit, hud and info panels will it be easy to get them working with nui 6. Will they just work or need slight modification or major reconstruction?

09-18-09, 09:17 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
And also, which of the many fun and useful panels are you wanting to incorporate as part of the main product ?

09-18-09, 09:35 AM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

As far as HUD and Unit Panels go... I'm not sure. There's hasn't been a lot of community investment in them, so I'm not sure if it's going to be worth the effort to write code to convert them or not. However, I may actually end up keeping the same structures and variables.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

09-18-09, 09:50 AM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I don't have a problem with re-writing as required to make them work within the new version.

Just give me a few days notice so I get a chance to do any necessary changes before people start screaming for them on the day you release 6.0

09-18-09, 10:00 AM   #5
spiel2001
nUI's Author

It won't have any impact on info panels... it's only the unit frame and HUD panels that will be affected.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

09-18-09, 10:31 AM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
As far as HUD and Unit Panels go... I'm not sure. There's hasn't been a lot of community investment in them, so I'm not sure if it's going to be worth the effort to write code to convert them or not. However, I may actually end up keeping the same structures and variables.
The only thing I would love to be able to do is use LiteStep for the current Hud and Unit Panel Health/Mana/Rage/RP and Latency/FPS bars. I dunno why, but I absolutely love the look of LiteStep. Personally for me, I'm not interested in changing anything else about them... I love em as they are hehe.

09-19-09, 06:17 AM   #7
Kodewulf
Premium Member

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Silenia View Post
The only thing I would love to be able to do is use LiteStep for the current Hud and Unit Panel Health/Mana/Rage/RP and Latency/FPS bars. I dunno why, but I absolutely love the look of LiteStep. Personally for me, I'm not interested in changing anything else about them... I love em as they are hehe.
This is a very, very, very crude implementation. Can't change the latency and fps bars as they seem to be hard-coded. Give the attached addon a shot and let me know how it goes.

-- Kodewulf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nUI_Layout_Silenia.png
Views:	1172
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	3414  
Attached Files
File Type: zip nUI_Layout_Silenia.zip (6.5 KB, 1064 views)

09-20-09, 08:58 AM   #8
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're Awesome!

Will this have the usual yummy greatness GUI where you can choose colors?

/does the happy dance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_092009_075127.jpg
Views:	1261
Size:	398.1 KB
ID:	3417  

09-20-09, 09:07 AM   #9
Kodewulf
Premium Member

Premium Member
You're Awesome!
I know... it's a curse...

Will this have the usual yummy greatness GUI where you can choose colors?
Not yet. You can stick other textures in the <WOW-Interface-Addons>/nUI_Layout_Silenia/art folder and then just replace it in the code where you want it to show up. I'm going to add some SharedLib support and a GUI that will show up when you have nUI: Config [GUI] installed. Like I said this is a very early version. Anything else you can think of let me know.

Btw, sorry to be a nag but have you had a chance to look at those userbars yet?

-- Kodewulf

09-21-09, 12:17 PM   #10
cokedrivers
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Originally Posted by Kodewulf View Post

Not yet. You can stick other textures in the <WOW-Interface-Addons>/nUI_Layout_Silenia/art folder and then just replace it in the code where you want it to show up. I'm going to add some SharedLib support and a GUI that will show up when you have nUI: Config [GUI] installed. Like I said this is a very early version. Anything else you can think of let me know.

-- Kodewulf
Is there anyway that this can be a underlay or background skin. I installed this and when i used mana or lost health it did not show how much i had left. In other words the bar didnt move. This will be sweet once you get done with it tho.

Thanks Coke

09-24-09, 01:00 PM   #11
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Kodewulf View Post

-- Kodewulf
Just curious... since you said it's still in it's infancy, is it supposed to be like the previous poster mentioned where the bars don't move? I can already tell that this plugin is going to be another one of my favorites!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Customization » nUI: Developer Chat » new panels and nUI 6