07-23-11, 03:13 AM   #1
zoktar
A Cliff Giant
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
GCD counter, minor "performance log"

basicly, count every possible gcd "not used" between each combat. Like, you hit a boss with 10 gcds, then you do some movement, come back and start hitting again, after the wipe, get an idea of how many gcds you should be missing. Its just a quick performance hint, without checking through logs and stuff. Sometimes its like, where are my missing 1k dps, if it was simply a few extra missed gcds, you will have your answer right away.

You might say, you should know every missed gcd on fights where it is really needed to that extreme!.

Well, in alot of competitive(and often overpopulated) guilds with alot of competent players, slip ups can mean extended benchtime. However if you are quick to voice your failure accurately you might just earn another strike before your benched.

In my case, i went from dpsing to tanking to dpsing to tanking to dpsing another spec. normally i had lets say 22-23k dps in 25mans, coming back after trying to perfect my tanking, and with a new spec, i was barley doin much more than tanks, and having to learn the important details about new encounters, beeing pushed into a new spec, and tryin to figure out why your sucking so badly and pissing of your peers, you will atleast have an idea of how much you could of made up for it with the ammount of gcds you missed.

It can be kinda nice also in guilds where demand for perfection is required on farm content, if your tunneling watchin telly, playing onehanded or generally just not paying much attention. Did i spend to much time messing around or is there something else wrong, in cases of equal gcd losses, and drastically different numbers to your norm, that would hint you rather quickly in the right direction to whats wrong (or not wrong), you had some rp gear equiped, missing buffs, whatever, atleast know you spent the same amount of gcds as usuall! (more accurately didn't spend).

another minor use would be personal optimization for some classes/specs, where unspent gcds depend on how well you do your rotation and/or, figuring out where you could earn a few gcds, since you now have your average on that encounter, if you try something new to get a few more gcds in, youll have ur answer right away =). ok i think iv repeated myself a few time to many, i sleep now.

Last edited by zoktar : 07-23-11 at 03:20 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » GCD counter, minor "performance log"