03-30-10, 10:47 AM   #1
Marloe206
A Murloc Raider
Cool I've been looking for this addon

I've been looking for this addon where instead of the normal grey color when you press a keybind, there is a star that shows up when you use your attacks, a shine or star over the buttons. PLZ HELP ME FIND THIS ADDON
03-30-10, 11:30 AM   #2
sacrife
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Already answered. Search the forum or even the addons.
But here it is.
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...pellFlash.html

03-30-10, 12:04 PM   #3
Marloe206
A Murloc Raider
That's not it. The one im talking about isn't a flash after the cooldown is over, like just say you press 4, instead of having it just look more grey because the button is being pressed down, it does a shine/star/flash thing. And I did look around before I posted.

http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=143415 That pvp video has it, check his buttons out

Last edited by Marloe206 : 03-30-10 at 12:21 PM.
03-30-10, 12:43 PM   #4
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

It's probably OmniCC one of Tuller's plugins OmniCCPulse or OmniCCShine.
03-30-10, 01:01 PM   #5
Marloe206
A Murloc Raider
Those both trigger the shine effect after cooldown, I'm looking for one that triggers it on key press. Thanks for looking thou, this addon is rough to find
03-30-10, 03:23 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Are you sure its a trigger on keypress and not in fact a cooldown/availability flash ?

I trawled through every addon to do with cooldowns/action buttons on both wow interface and curse and omnicc has a *flash* that occurs when a spell becomes available. Perhaps that is what is happening in the video.

Unfortunately until you get them to reply to your query on their addons you're gonna have to try out the addons being suggested just in case they are the ones they are using.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
03-30-10, 05:04 PM   #7
tophero21
A Cliff Giant

it's definitely trigger on keypress - you can see it in the video when he hits an ability or is spamming a button.
03-30-10, 05:15 PM   #8
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Watched the video again and I am still not 100% sure its definitely on key/button press as most of the ones I see it on are instant casts and channel spells. I could be wrong though.

If you ever get a reply from the guy with details on what addons he uses I'd love to see what it ends up being. In the mean time unfortunately, until someone recognises it, you are resigned to trying out each addon and see what one it could be as I am sure not every feature is listed in the same descriptive manner for you to identify from the main addon page.

Characters:

03-30-10, 05:26 PM   #9
Zergreth
A Fallenroot Satyr

SnowfallKeyPress. If you don't believe me, give it a shot. It does what you want, and more. And it's probably what the guy in the video is using.
03-30-10, 05:52 PM   #10
Marloe206
A Murloc Raider
I got SnowfallkeyPress and no shine lol I think it's a lost cause
03-30-10, 09:51 PM   #11
Diagnostics
Medic!

Premium Member
You tried binding a key with snowfall and SpellFlash? It makes sense that it would work since Snowfall says its activates on click and not release.
03-31-10, 01:53 AM   #12
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Ok, I watched the video slowly (aka frame by frame). There is no flash or "star" when he presses a key, it's the standard "grey out upon keypress". The flash you are seeing is the already mentioned AddOn, Spellflash

The flash is happening exactly the way Spellflash works:

This addon is able to make suggestions of what spell you may want to cast next by flashing on top of the spell buttons.
The flash appears on a button yet the cast bar is triggered for another spell (example flash on Mind Flay, however Mind Blast is being cast)

Last edited by Zyonin : 03-31-10 at 01:55 AM.
03-31-10, 03:11 AM   #13
nightcracker
A Molten Giant

I know how it's done, he has a special texture for ButtonFacade or rActionButtonstyler that is set as the "pushed" texture. It's certainly not SpellFlash.
03-31-10, 03:34 AM   #14
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by nightcracker View Post
I know how it's done, he has a special texture for ButtonFacade or rActionButtonstyler that is set as the "pushed" texture. It's certainly not SpellFlash.
Yah, BF and rABS can use a "pushed" texture, however that video does not show any evidence of using either BF or rABS. Again, as I viewed that video on slow-mo, there is no "special" pushed texture being used, it's just the default pushed texture.

Now to the OP: If you want a different pushed texture, check out either ButtonFacade or rActionBarStyler as those "skin" your action buttons including new "pushed" textures. While I have not seen any BF/rABS theme that uses a "flash" or "star" texture, it can be done. Usually, it's the button's frame that is used for the pushed texture (aka you press the button and the frame turns another color indicating a button press).

I usually don't pay attention to button presses much as my attention is usually taken by spell timers, CD trackers, and the current location of my intended victim.
03-31-10, 04:00 AM   #15
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
Isn't it amazing just how someone actually registered an account here instead of on warcraft movies to ask this question to a community that doesn't know the direct answer instead of asking the author of the video.

Have no fear, v6o is here!

I've sent an PM to the author asking how to achieve the effect and if he could share the textures, if that's what they are.

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.
03-31-10, 04:57 AM   #16
Minerv
A Black Drake

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
It's called Snowfall Keypress, and it has the function to shine when u press a button

edit: link > http://www.wowinterface.com/download...lKeyPress.html
03-31-10, 05:19 AM   #17
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by v6o View Post
Isn't it amazing just how someone actually registered an account here instead of on warcraft movies to ask this question to a community that doesn't know the direct answer instead of asking the author of the video.

Have no fear, v6o is here!

I've sent an PM to the author asking how to achieve the effect and if he could share the textures, if that's what they are.

Actually they did post a question on the video comments asking what addons he used the same day in fact. Hence my reply that hopefully he would reply to him.

Characters:

03-31-10, 05:24 AM   #18
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
Actually they did post a question on the video comments asking what addons he used the same day in fact. Hence my reply that hopefully he would reply to him.
Yeah and sadly abus replied incorrectly or is using some custom SnowfallKeyPress version or feature not available on WoWI.

Originally Posted by Minerv View Post
It's called Snowfall Keypress, and it has the function to shine when u press a button

edit: link > http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info15078-SnowfallKeyPress.html
Where do you find this option?

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.

Last edited by v6o : 03-31-10 at 05:33 AM.
03-31-10, 05:33 AM   #19
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by v6o View Post
Yeah and sadly abus replied incorrectly or is using some custom SnowfallKeyPress version or feature not available on WoWI.
Ah, gotcha. Not visited the video since yesterday so missed his reply. But is good to know. I was looking at spellflash myself for my dps toons but the flash seemed way too bright to me rofl.

Characters:

03-31-10, 07:19 AM   #20
Minerv
A Black Drake

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
http://s.wowinterface.com/preview/pvw34359.jpg <--- the "Animation" thingy is the flash, atleast it has.

when i used it it had that option, dunno if he updated the addon and removed it tho.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » I've been looking for this addon