05-27-13, 12:00 PM   #1
shadow_wolf_30
A Fallenroot Satyr
target/player buff/debuff bug

I get this error on all my toons whenever i hover over the buffs/debuffs ive applied to myself or my target, not sure if im explaining it right. its the area to the left and right of center that keeps track of auras and such. im running the newest version of nUI+
Date: 2013-05-27 12:45:34
ID: 1
Error occured in: AddOn: nUI
Count: 2
Message: Note: AddOn nUI attempted to call a protected function (nUI_SoloUnit_Player_Aura2_Button1_HitBox:SetID()) during combat lockdown.
Debug:
[C]: SetID()
nUI\Units\nUI_UnitAura.lua:326:
nUI\Units\nUI_UnitAura.lua:312
Locals:
None
AddOns:
Swatter, v5.17.5413 (NeedyNoddy)
nUI, v5.07.32 (Plus)
BlizRuntimeLib_enUS v5.3.0.50300 <us>
(ck=62)

05-27-13, 03:42 PM   #2
Belechannas
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Yes, I've been getting those errors as well.

I have set

/swatter noauto

which prevents a box from popping up.

I actually debugged and diagnosed this bug last October, here: http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=44964

As noted in that thread, the line in question that's generating the error (nUI_UnitAura.lua: 326) is writing to a property that is never read anywhere, and has no effect on the behavior of anything, so it should simply be commented out or deleted.

I did this to my private copy of nUI_UnitAura.lua for a while, and as I reported in the link above, it eliminated the errors with no other side effects, but I got tired of having to hack it back in whenever I installed a new version...

Last edited by Belechannas : 05-27-13 at 03:45 PM.

05-27-13, 06:00 PM   #3
shadow_wolf_30
A Fallenroot Satyr
ok, ill have to take a look at it at read it. thnx for the heads up

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » target/player buff/debuff bug