08-05-18, 12:10 AM   #1
jpsgaming
A Fallenroot Satyr
Docked minimap flicker

Whenever I go indoors and the minimap docks for indoors it is flickering real bad. I cant really take a screenshot since its just flickering/flashing real fast.

The icons are solid on the docked minimap just the floor/map textures on the docked map flicker.
08-06-18, 04:11 AM   #2
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by jpsgaming View Post
Whenever I go indoors and the minimap docks for indoors it is flickering real bad. I cant really take a screenshot since its just flickering/flashing real fast.

The icons are solid on the docked minimap just the floor/map textures on the docked map flicker.
No problems on my side. Disable all addons except Carbonite Main module Maps and check again. Use latest Alpha release.
08-07-18, 12:15 PM   #3
jpsgaming
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
No problems on my side. Disable all addons except Carbonite Main module Maps and check again. Use latest Alpha release.
All addons except for carbonite was disabled.

It looks like its trying to display different floors/layers? on the docked minimap when indoors so they are flickering real fast between each other.

I got a screenshot showing the floor im on has flickered out but something upstairs or downstairs is showing. It flickers between these real fast.

Hope that makes sense.

Here is a pic.

https://imgur.com/a/qFOEyVo
08-07-18, 12:18 PM   #4
jpsgaming
A Fallenroot Satyr
All addons except for carbonite was disabled.

It looks like its trying to display different floors/layers? on the docked minimap when indoors so they are flickering real fast between each other.

I got a screenshot showing the floor im on has flickered out but something upstairs or downstairs is showing. It flickers between these real fast.

Hope that makes sense.

Here is a pic.

https://imgur.com/a/qFOEyVo
Oh yeh I also disabled the carbonite quest addon after that pic. It did the same, only thing running was maps.

It also does it only indoors. If the map is docked outside its fine.
08-07-18, 12:33 PM   #5
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Oh yeh I also disabled the carbonite quest addon after that pic. It did the same, only thing running was maps.

It also does it only indoors. If the map is docked outside its fine.
Cant simulate this... sorry it doesnt appear on my side. Where are u when this happens? Which zone?
08-07-18, 12:59 PM   #6
jpsgaming
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by ircdirk View Post
Cant simulate this... sorry it doesnt appear on my side. Where are u when this happens? Which zone?
Hey there thanks for the quick response. It is happening in any zone or dungeon.

Only indoor areas. Its like its trying to show each level of an indoor area at once. Or they are bouncing back and forth.

Right now Im in Grommash hold. It flashes when im in the center by Saurfang. However if I walk to the divider between the main room and the little hallway to the entrance it stops. Then when I enter that hallway it starts again.

Man this is confusing lol.

Also tried a new profile and uninstalling it.

Running latest Alpha
08-13-18, 05:23 PM   #7
jpsgaming
A Fallenroot Satyr
I figured this out after some research.

Its Nvidias fault with SLI enabled.

I changed it to Force Alternate Frame Rendering 1 (Turning it off works as well) and the minimap flicker goes away.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Docked minimap flicker