11-19-18, 02:05 PM   #1
R_OReilly
An Aku'mai Servant
Waypoints not appearing when using Carbonite with ElvUI

I've recently moved to ElvUI and have noticed that /way no longer sets/displays waypoints on the Carbonite map/minimap. You can set waypoints by right-clicking on the Carbonite map but not via /way. If I disable ElvUI, /way behaves as I expect.

I've already disabled the ElvUI minimap as the Carbonite minimap won't display otherwise. I think ElvUI is trapping the /way command before Carbonite 'sees' it as I do get a directional arrrow at the top of my screen, which I assume is like TomTom (though I've never used that addon).

Is anyone else using Carbonite with ElvUI? Have you seen this behavior?
11-19-18, 03:17 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Me. And I got the impression that I was about the only one. It's been two years now since I have been able to play WoW, but, I did not see any problem with Carbonite.

Let's see if this works. My UI when I was playing...
If that doesn't work, maybe this one will...

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 11-19-18 at 08:10 PM. Reason: more blah blah blah.
11-19-18, 03:48 PM   #3
R_OReilly
An Aku'mai Servant
I've found for most things where I prefer another addon over ElvUI I'm able to turn off the feature in ElvUI but so far I'm stumped when it comes to this one. Still searching ElvUI forums, reddit, etc. hoping to find how to disable the routing features of ElvUI.

Thanks!
11-19-18, 07:21 PM   #4
R_OReilly
An Aku'mai Servant
After looking through Carbonite.lua, I found a solution. Using /cbway instead of /way properly sets waypoints on the Carbonite map with ElvUI enabled.

Hope this is helpful to others. Now to update my routing macros.
11-20-18, 06:08 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Nice catch/fix (?). I'm hoping to get back to playing WoW again and hope that they can get this straightened out (with Elv UI, that is)... Eventually.

Please make sure you let the ElvUI people know about this little problem also. I am sure that you could make a post on their forums about it (that is, if you haven't already...).

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 11-20-18 at 06:17 AM. Reason: more blah blah blah.
11-20-18, 07:00 AM   #6
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by R_OReilly View Post
After looking through Carbonite.lua, I found a solution. Using /cbway instead of /way properly sets waypoints on the Carbonite map with ElvUI enabled.

Hope this is helpful to others. Now to update my routing macros.
Yes, ElvUI is using /way, so we added /cbway alias to make it work even when ElvUI is enabled.
11-22-18, 04:22 PM   #7
Swirrel
An Aku'mai Servant
I find it odd that this appear to be an issue.

Personally I've used Carbonite since late TBC/early LK and Elvui since early MoP and have never had the issue. Before posting here now, I just tried a /way being in the Horde Capital in MoP mousing over some random location not within the city it self and then hitting enter to type in the coords in chat. It worked without a hitch. But then again, it always has.

/just saying.
Want to upload carbonite quest data? Then this is link you need: http://atk.github.io/Carbonite/ scroll down the page and halfway there's a button for Browse. Follow the directions to [WoW]\WTF\Account\[Account]\SavedVariables directory and select the file named Carbonite.Quests (it's the LUA file) then upload the file.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Waypoints not appearing when using Carbonite with ElvUI