12-17-18, 01:15 PM   #1
mccompunerd
A Fallenroot Satyr
Carbonite map issues in cites

Running the latest Carbonite from Twitch/Curse(set to download Alpha builds). Current version in game is 8.0 Build 78800d6

When in cities, primarily noticed in Legion Dalaran, the minimap tracked icons don't show up. Also, if I mouse over the map the city area goes grey and only shows some of the icons. Attaching one showing the map with no mouseover, it only shows the Carbonite guide icon for the flight master and the WQ pet battle. The other screenshot with mouseover only shows the Carbonite flight master icon. If I turn off Carbonite Guide POI icons, the mouseover version shows a blank greyed out map.

For these screenshots I am Minimap tracking Innkeeper, mailbox, Food & Drink. All of which are within minimap view of me because I'm standing in the middle of the New Dalaran Horde Inn. I am running ElvUI with their map/minimap disabled. This issue happens even when Carbonite is the only addon loaded.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carbonite_NewDal_NoMouseOver.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	235.3 KB
ID:	9187  Click image for larger version

Name:	Carbonite_NewDal_WithMouseOver.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	9188  
12-17-18, 01:21 PM   #2
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Thanks for reporting, ill will verify this.
12-18-18, 07:23 AM   #3
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Dalaran map fixed. As to POIs in Dalaran u need to wait a little more.
12-18-18, 10:51 AM   #4
mccompunerd
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks much sir, look forward to seeing it in action.
Annoying trying to do profession quests in Dalaran, and can't see the Minimap markers for where I'm supposed to go. It was like the whole Minimap layer is beneath the main city map layer.
Got another screenshot where I put my mouse off to the side of the city, and the minimap shows up with ? and ! close by. Those weren't showing over the main map, and weren't even showing on the weird greyed out map either.

I know I've seen the same thing in BFA main cities, but I figured that still a work in progress.
Thanks again for the quick response.

edited to attach screenshot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_121818_082057.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	9190  
12-18-18, 03:32 PM   #5
mccompunerd
A Fallenroot Satyr
Grabbed the latest from Github, and the main mouseover issue is fixed, but the other issue of Minimap tracking things is still not working. See previous post for screenshot showing them. They only show up if the cursor is inside the map window, but not over the city itself.
If you want I can submit this on Github for better tracking.
12-19-18, 01:30 AM   #6
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by mccompunerd View Post
Grabbed the latest from Github, and the main mouseover issue is fixed, but the other issue of Minimap tracking things is still not working. See previous post for screenshot showing them. They only show up if the cursor is inside the map window, but not over the city itself.
If you want I can submit this on Github for better tracking.
This is very problematic case. As for now i dont know if we can make those tracking icons work in cites.

As for now u can use ALT+M to show orginal Blizz map with !? icons on it or use this to toggle all quest givers:

12-20-18, 12:12 PM   #7
mccompunerd
A Fallenroot Satyr
Yep, the show quest givers option is better than nothing, but looks like it doesn't filter ones I've already done, or am ineligible for yet. I use Zygor guides 90% of the time, so not the end of the world. Only annoying when I'm using Zygor for world quests, and can't see prof quests in Dal.

Thanks for looking into this stuff.
Another question, when will the current GitHub build be pushed to Curse alpha? I play on a couple different computers, and my main system is using the GitHub build, but others using the alpha build from Curse still get the weird blank mouseover.
12-20-18, 02:04 PM   #8
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Another question, when will the current GitHub build be pushed to Curse alpha? I play on a couple different computers, and my main system is using the GitHub build, but others using the alpha build from Curse still get the weird blank mouseover.
I did report this to Curse, they have some kind of problem with Alpha releases, dont know when they will fix this
12-20-18, 02:07 PM   #9
mccompunerd
A Fallenroot Satyr
Okay, thanks again for your work on this. Have been using Carbonite for longer than I can remember.
I'll just use the build from GitHub for now then. For what it's worth I have noticed the other Carbonite components getting Alpha builds.
12-20-18, 02:31 PM   #10
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

I'll just use the build from GitHub for now then. For what it's worth I have noticed the other Carbonite components getting Alpha builds.
Thats right. Thats why i did report this to Curse

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Carbonite map issues in cites