01-13-19, 03:25 PM   #1
Spunkymanker
A Fallenroot Satyr
Pausing collecting azerite

Lately, I've been noticing some significant 'pausing' when collecting azerite in island expeditions. This is identical to the issue previously when killing/collecting quest mobs and items. Turn off carbonite, and it's butter smooth. With carbonite, every time I collect azerite, either by killing a mob, or picking up a chest, the game stutters for a moment. When killing with AOE, I've been killed while my game was frozen.
This isn't exclusive to island expeditions, but does seem to be attached to picking up azerite. I get it doing world quests which involve collecting azerite.
I've noticed it on two accounts, on two computers.
The issue with quests causing it to pause is still mostly gone, though I've been getting it a bit when killing mobs to get grisly trophies.

Thanks!
01-13-19, 05:49 PM   #2
Spunkymanker
A Fallenroot Satyr
As an update, it is indeed happening again when killing mobs for quest credit.
01-13-19, 09:40 PM   #3
Spunkymanker
A Fallenroot Satyr
In playing more and testing, it seems to be the same issue as previously reported and fixed in this thread:
https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/...ad.php?t=56496

It seemed different, because it had been previously fixed, and I was noticing it heavily doing island expeditions. Not sure if that was an issue before or not.
However, it's back now.
01-14-19, 03:30 AM   #4
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Blizz is constanly chaning his API. There are many changes between 8.0 and 8.1 so this might be different problem and it might not be releated to previous similar issue.

I dont have time to do Island Expeditions so ill check this when i have spare time.
01-14-19, 12:09 PM   #5
Spunkymanker
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks!
I just meant that it behaves in the same way as the previous issue.
You don't have to do any island expeditions to test. For a quick, easy way to see it happen, try a world quest that makes you collect azerite, and has a progress bar. The game will pause every time you kill anything. The more you kill at once, the worse the pause.

I wish I was better with LUA! :P
01-16-19, 01:20 AM   #6
Gwirf
A Defias Bandit
Hi

I confirm this bug in island expeditions/Azerite Expeditions/some times with just kill mobs for quest progression with my little multibox of 3 chars (all with carbonite)

The bug just appear if quest module is on (with just maps it's work like charm)

I have try to disable the "progression broadcast" on other accounts, disable other options like "scenarios" for test but nothing change

i've got the same bug at 8.0 and for me too your fix of https://www.wowinterface.com/forums/...ad.php?t=56496 thread have fix the problem (at 8.0 patch)

Don't know if i have the bug because all of my accounts have carbonite or the bug appear with only one account too

Thanks for your fabulous addon

PS: sorry for my very poor english...i'm french

Last edited by Gwirf : 01-16-19 at 01:22 AM.
01-16-19, 03:26 AM   #7
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Fix pushed to Alpha, should be better now.
01-16-19, 05:31 AM   #8
dvantassel11
A Cyclonian
Installed latest Carb Quests, I assume this is where you made the change as this was the only alpha available. Still lagging in Island Expeditions after latest alpha.
01-16-19, 05:43 AM   #9
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by dvantassel11 View Post
Installed latest Carb Quests, I assume this is where you made the change as this was the only alpha available. Still lagging in Island Expeditions after latest alpha.
Only checked on Questing not in Island Expeditions.
01-16-19, 05:45 AM   #10
dvantassel11
A Cyclonian
It does seem better, just not as smooth with carb disabled
01-16-19, 06:22 AM   #11
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by dvantassel11 View Post
It does seem better, just not as smooth with carb disabled
And never will be as smooth as without carb. The problem is that calling some Blizz API functions couses lags, this should be fixed by Blizz. I can only do some workarounds to lower lag spikes.
01-16-19, 08:06 AM   #12
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Pushed more changes to Git but they are not on Curse yet.
01-16-19, 01:12 PM   #13
Spunkymanker
A Fallenroot Satyr
Thanks for the work!
I was playing a bit yesterday, and had something odd happen.
I was having the issue in the morning, pretty severely. Then, I got tired of an error from datastore_achievements popping up, so I used a fix from:
https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addon...c?page=2#c8682

This, of course, fixed the LUA error from datastore... but also, everything started running nice and smooth collecting quests, azerite, etc. better than ever.
I didn't change, add, or remove any other addons. Might just be some kind of coincidence.. but thought I would mention this.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Pausing collecting azerite