05-10-19, 03:35 PM   #1
metalmight
A Fallenroot Satyr
Unhappy Reduced framerate

I have checked with just Carbonite and I am getting 20fps with Carbonite, 15fps with Carbonite Quests added, and 30 fps without Carbonite. Please fix.

Last edited by metalmight : 05-10-19 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Added more info.
05-10-19, 06:24 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Personally, I don't think Carbonite is the problem. The last time I played WoW was in August of 2016, that was before my laptop got burned out (and I haven't been able to replace it). At that time I was averaging 60fps, unless I was in a pretty big raid. I was using a HP laptop (17" screen) that was about two years old, and, believe me, it was not a top of the line laptop. The only thing that I can think of is that one of your other addons has a problem, and you don't, apparently, know about it.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!
05-11-19, 04:24 PM   #3
metalmight
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
Personally, I don't think Carbonite is the problem. The last time I played WoW was in August of 2016, that was before my laptop got burned out (and I haven't been able to replace it). At that time I was averaging 60fps, unless I was in a pretty big raid. I was using a HP laptop (17" screen) that was about two years old, and, believe me, it was not a top of the line laptop. The only thing that I can think of is that one of your other addons has a problem, and you don't, apparently, know about it.
I said I checked with just Carbonite.
05-13-19, 02:06 AM   #4
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

Carbonite will always make framerates reduced, its a big addon with modules that need some cpu. If u have 30 without any addons thats bad, u should upgrade your hardware.

I personally have 60-80fs with all my addons (about ~60) on and thats with Carbonite + all modules its modules enabled. But without any addons its 70-90fps.
05-13-19, 05:44 AM   #5
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I personally have 60-80fs with all my addons (about ~60) on and thats with Carbonite + all modules its modules enabled. But without any addons its 70-90fps.
Yeah, I had, at the time, about 100 or so addons (not all enabled for every character) and still averaged 60fps (about 70 to 90 with just ElvUI running). Now, I didn't have all the Carbonite modules enabled (but I did have them installed, just in case ), but I did use it on all of my characters (about 50, depending on how I felt ). My UI, at the time, was ElvUI, and I still had that many addons installed!

Two screenshots of two of my characters.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-08-14.png
Views:	486
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	9231. Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_060716_143637-ElvUI-Monk.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	1.26 MB
ID:	9232

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 05-13-19 at 02:06 PM. Reason: more blah blah blah.... and, oh yeah, added two screenshots, too.
06-11-19, 01:41 PM   #6
Orion6
A Defias Bandit
Same issue but in Pandaria only

Carbonite works fine anywhere I go in WOW except in Pandaria. Running at normal fps until I jump to Pandaria.
I do not have the BfA upgrade but never really had issues after the bugs for 8.0 were worked out.
As of now, I have to disable Carbonite with any character I use in Pandaria.
I have gone to github / Carbonite but I cannot find (or figure out how to) the latest release and I don't know if it even addresses this issue.

Any help on this would be appreciated.
06-12-19, 05:33 AM   #7
ircdirk
A Molten Giant

U need to update Carbonite + Modules, they are in different GitHub Repositiories. U can also use Twitch client with udates set to Alpha.

This is only example for Main Caronite (Maps):

Last edited by ircdirk : 06-12-19 at 05:37 AM.
06-12-19, 09:20 PM   #8
Orion6
A Defias Bandit
Thank you ircdirk.
I went ahead and did the Alpha update on twitch but it didn't make a difference.
Seems like it's a settings issue but I have tried the 'Delete Settings' in twitch and it doesn't seem to do anything. I've removed and reinstalled Carbonite with no results. It seems that when I reinstall it, it still grabs the old data file. but I don't know how to find the data folder on my PC and even if I did, I wouldn't know how to clear it without creating more issues.
Truth is, I depend on my Carbonite map so much I'm lost without it.

Sorry for the hassle

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite: Maps (Main AddOn) » Reduced framerate