05-15-19, 12:27 PM   #1
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Classic Beta Access Info

Just in case there are others out there that were assuming their Beta opt in for World of Warcraft also included Classic I thought I would point out that it apparently doesn't. I stumbled across this fact while browsing the wow forums for updates on the beta.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...classic/173127

A segment of this post as follows:
To become a tester for the WoW Classic Beta: browse to the Battle.net Beta Profile Settings, find and select ‘World of Warcraft Classic’ under ‘Beta Tests I’m Interested In’, and then click the ‘Update Preferences’ button. An automated system will add new testers to the WoW Classic Beta Test as necessary.
I've just done this now, but wish I had been made aware of this before so I could have opted in at an earlier date. Oh well.

Also, I just found this link on the battle.net app loading screen ( haven't opened it in a few days )
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...080?blzcmp=app

Relevant portion of the page

Classic WoW Testing Schedule
Beginning May 15, select WoW players will be invited to participate in a small-scale, focused closed beta test. Players will also get a chance to help put our servers and technology through their paces in a series of stress tests running from May through July—you can opt in now through Account Management and select the WoW Classic beta. Subsequent stress tests will extend the opportunity to even more players. Level caps will also be in place to ensure we’re emphasizing the “stress” in “stress test”

—we want to push our tech to the limit, and that means a critical mass of players in close proximity.

STRESS TEST SCHEDULE*
Stress Test 1: Wed May 22–Thurs May 23
Stress Test 2: Wed Jun 19– Thurs Jun 20
Stress Test 3: Thurs Jul 18– Fri July 19
*Dates of each stress test are subject to change.

To fill our pool of beta and stress test participants, we’ll be choosing dedicated players who meet select criteria from both the WoW Classic beta opt-in and the standard Warcraft beta opt-in. Participants will also need to have an active subscription or active game time on their Battle.net Account. While opting-in to the beta is the primary way to make sure you’re in the running to join the test it doesn’t guarantee an invitation to the closed beta test. We may also consider additional factors such as how long a player has been subscribed to the game so that we have the right mix of players to ensure great feedback toward making WoW Classic the very best experience for the community.

Last edited by Xrystal : 05-15-19 at 12:32 PM.
05-15-19, 08:29 PM   #2
jeruku
A Cobalt Mageweaver

They do not make it easy nor do they explain it well in the simplest way possible.

Make sure you have an active subscription or game time and then Go To Beta Profile Settings.

Last edited by jeruku : 05-15-19 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Claification
05-27-19, 05:27 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Just noticed this post on the blizz forums ..

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...-may-22/179883

First off all, we want to thank all of you who have shown interest in testing WoW Classic. Having extra eyes on so many aspects of the game is a huge help as we prepare for the upcoming release.

At this time, we’ve finished sending out all of the invites for the first stress test 1.2k. This large invite wave took a number of hours to process, so please check that thread for details about it and we’ll see many of you there when the test begins later today. Also, don’t forget that we have a couple more stress tests scheduled 1.3k, so keep an eye out for updates on those in the coming weeks.

Related to this, we’ve seen a lot of questions about the general invite process and want to clarify a few things. The method in which people are invited from the opt-in pool is not on a first-come-first-served basis, but instead we look at a variety of factors such as the age of the account. That said, the amount of closed beta invites that we’re sending out is rapidly decreasing as we have met our current population needs for testing. We’ll regularly reevaluate the need for additional invites as we go through the testing process.

Thank you for your continued interest in WoW Classic and we can’t wait to see you in Azeroth on August 27!
06-20-19, 07:22 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
US Accounts only ?

Does anyone who got into the beta only have an EU account ?

My youngest brother has an active sub on EU but when he went to log into Classic yesterday and today no accounts showed up when he selected Classic option and when he clicked Play ( it let him ) it eventually reported that he needed active game time on his account ( he has a month of game time on it ).

When I select Classic I get a list of my US accounts regardless of subscription status but not my EU accounts which are definitely not subscribed to. When I select the non subscribed accounts I get the same message.

Hypothesis :
Only US accounts with active game - or Only account with active subscription - not game time . These two options, in my opinion, are the only reason that response would be valid. Before when it was inaccessible it just didn't show you any game servers.
06-20-19, 07:32 PM   #5
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
There was a post about this test being US/Oceania only with EU getting into the next one.
06-20-19, 07:43 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Thats what I thought .. needless to say my brother wasn't happy.

It also appears that I am still only in the stress test list of beta testers .. so glad I stayed up till 5am this morning to get nUI running at login rofl.. who knows whether I will get access before it goes live rofl.
06-20-19, 08:35 PM   #7
Fizzlemizz
I did that?

Premium Member
I know the feeling.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Classic Beta Access Info