09-16-19, 12:07 PM   #1
redeyez
A Murloc Raider
*Request* MasterTradeskill addon

I used an addon on a private vanilla server a while back that would place information on what professions and recipes used the white items in your bags called MasterTradeSkill, it required the ReagentData lib as well. I can't figure out how to port it myself and was hoping one of the smarties on here would be able to help. I attached the zip file for the addon in question.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MasterTradeSkills_v1.12.3.zip (178.9 KB, 273 views)
09-16-19, 09:54 PM   #2
redeyez
A Murloc Raider
So i've made some progress with reagentdata and i get no more errors upon loading it, but i keep getting errors with the mastertradeskill front end.... would be nice if someone can help do some debugging. attached is where im at with porting the addon.
Attached Files
File Type: zip MTS_Classic.zip (176.1 KB, 262 views)
09-17-19, 11:16 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
This says the addon is All Rights Reserved: https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/project-2618

Did the author give permission at some point?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

09-17-19, 06:30 PM   #4
redeyez
A Murloc Raider
No they didn't but the original was taken over from someone else way back in 2006 and it is marked as abandoned. I'm not stealing any ones work to call it my own, I simply want to make this work in Classic is all. I did send an email to the author explaining what my intentions are and have not received a reply.... Dead email address?

Last edited by redeyez : 09-17-19 at 06:36 PM.
09-18-19, 04:13 PM   #5
redeyez
A Murloc Raider
Ok.... I was able to get ahold of the original author, he does not mind what I do with the Addon... He actually helped me get it working. Only issue is that the tooltips disappear almost instantly after popping up and revert to the standard blizzard tip.... any help on that would be much appreciated. In the meantime you can use "/mts show" and hover item and the recipes and profession that use them will be displayed in the mts window.

**EDIT** I attached the wrong zipfile earlier....
Attached Files
File Type: zip MasterTradeSkills1_13_2.zip (176.7 KB, 273 views)

Last edited by redeyez : 09-19-19 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Uploaded Wrong zip

WoWInterface » Classic - AddOns, Compliations, Macros » Classic - AddOn Search/Requests » *Request* MasterTradeskill addon