11-28-10, 09:55 PM   #1
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Database / Guide / POI’s - Questions & Issues

A lot of this has been answered in various threads but I thought it would be handy to condense everything into a single post.

A lot has changed with the latest patch and the upcoming Cataclysm expansion. Almost every zone in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor has been modified. This means all the coordinates for quest givers, objectives, mining / herb nodes, etc. are no longer valid. Our old database has been wiped clean and we will be rebuilding everything over the coming weeks. In the meantime we will be using the game supplied quest objective locations. Show quest givers will not display anything until our version release some time around December 12’ish. This is our first planned update using player captured data.

We already have all the flight masters in the addon for both the patch & expansion (a LOT were added). While we don’t have quest givers yet the flight masters are typically a good target for quest hubs. We’ve added the bankers and auction houses in the various capital cities and the trainers, etc. will be added in the following weeks after the release.

The various boats & zeppelins have been added and/or updated (next version after this post) so please report anything that looks out of place.

The current city points of interest include bankers and auctioneers. This has been changed slightly so that each area has a single icon instead of an icon for each NPC that acts as a banker or auctioneer. We are going to carry this theme forward with trainers, etc. in an attempt to prevent map clutter. You will also notice that all the mailboxes are gone. We’re still debating this one but mailboxes might be removed from the guide for the simple fact that most cities have a lot of them and they aren’t that hard to find.

As always, please let us know of any problems with the addon and we appreciate your support.

PS We know of the problem of quests not tracking if you don’t have “Show quest objectives” checked ON. This should be fixed in the next version. As a workaround, turn it on

PPS That wasn't as condensed as I thought it would be

11-28-10, 10:06 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The "That objective is not in the database" seems to be caused by not having "Show Quest Objectives" checked on the Blizzard world map. Press Alt-M and check it. I will be attempting to have Carbonite set that or remove the need for that setting to be on in the next version.

11-29-10, 08:45 PM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Instructions on submitting data:
http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21607

11-30-10, 05:02 AM   #4
Danlo
A Defias Bandit
As a several year user/customer of Carbonite I've grown quite fond of having mailboxes shown. Please keep these in Carbonite. While they aren't that hard to find in cities, they are still convenient to see on maps. Also, it isn't always obvious outside of cities whether or not there are mailboxes available. I generally like having the ability to see mailboxes so that I can easily move to the nearest one when I need it and so that it is obvious outside of cities when there is a mailbox available.

Of course, having the option to turn this on and off makes it easy for people to choose whether they want to see them or not.

11-30-10, 03:48 PM   #5
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I agree. I like my mailbox icons, so I will be twisting Haavok's arm to get them in.

12-01-10, 06:52 AM   #6
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Not to mention that, since mailboxes are few and far between outside of capital cities since Cataclysm, it's nice to be able to tell which of the nearest settlements has a mailbox.

Seriously, I've leveled my druid in Ashenvale, following the quests to Stonetalon and finally Southern Barrens... and I don't think I've seen a mailbox in my travels since Astranaar, Ashenvale.

12-01-10, 12:32 PM   #7
Haavok

Fair enough; arm sufficiently twisted

12-01-10, 12:48 PM   #8
Jigain
A Molten Giant

*cheers at Haavok*

12-01-10, 02:55 PM   #9
robroyca
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Haavok View Post
Fair enough; arm sufficiently twisted
Would it be possible to toggle the mail boxes on/off.
In the Major cities it becomes very clutted.
Thanks

12-01-10, 02:59 PM   #10
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yes, I will get add type of UI to toggle them and maybe some other stuff on and off.

12-02-10, 03:40 AM   #11
pohli1
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Red face The cave, the map and you

Hm, if you build the database new....
is it possible to ad an icon to the entrance of a cave? In many quests youhave to go to a cave and kill or loot something. In tehe old version were shown an area above the cave. If it's large you serarch sometime ;-). Or more likely you see a spot on the map, go to it and wonder cause there is only fresh green gras (It's nice for chilling I think^^). But the ugly monster you search is on level downstairs...
Would be very nice to fix this.

12-02-10, 11:27 AM   #12
Haavok

That's a good idea, I'll definitely add this to the list. Initially it would just show up as a POI on the map but eventually we could manually tag quests that are inside a cave/etc. and then route you through the entrance first.

12-03-10, 06:39 PM   #13
Zarggg
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
That would be absolutely AWESOME. That's one of the very few issues I've had using Carbonite -- Finding where the cave entrance is!

12-03-10, 07:48 PM   #14
Chmee
A Molten Giant
That's easy! It's... somewhere else!

12-04-10, 08:27 AM   #15
mitchsb
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I know the quests for EK and Kal changed and you have to start from scratch with new data, but is it possible to get the quest givers back for Outland and Northrend? As far as I can tell, those have not changed at all.

12-04-10, 08:44 AM   #16
true_blue
A Kobold Labourer
hmm so there is no way to get the coloured area on the map to show locations of quest items/mobs etc until 12th? Its a pain questing without it..

PS I paid for carbonite before it went freeware so do I get access to the private section??

Cheers

12-05-10, 02:01 PM   #17
BurningZenithX
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by mitchsb View Post
I know the quests for EK and Kal changed and you have to start from scratch with new data, but is it possible to get the quest givers back for Outland and Northrend? As far as I can tell, those have not changed at all.
I agree. I have been avidly using the database tab for quests. It's very useful for clearing all the quests in a zone. I hope you guys return it to operational use soon. Hopefully, the Outland and Northrend areas will be available even sooner. The database tab and questgiver location functions are indispensable!

Keep up the good work though!

12-05-10, 02:06 PM   #18
Haavok

I'm out of state on business until the 10th; the 12th is definitely the earliest this is going to happen.

12-06-10, 12:05 AM   #19
nalkrien
A Defias Bandit
It would also be nice to have all banks and auctioneers marked in Org. You have two out of the five for each. There two you have are in the valley of honor and strength. There is also one in the goblin slums, the troll area and the tauren area.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Database / Guide / POI’s - Questions & Issues