12-17-12, 04:09 PM   #1
boudreau908
A Defias Bandit
Shared media

I just downloaded the latest version and it appears it no longer supports shared media. Specifically importing fonts. I have no problems with any other addons except for this latest version. Anyone else have a similar problem?

12-17-12, 05:08 PM   #2
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by boudreau908 View Post
I just downloaded the latest version and it appears it no longer supports shared media. Specifically importing fonts. I have no problems with any other addons except for this latest version. Anyone else have a similar problem?
It never should of worked in the first place... just luck if it was. Carbonite is self-sufficient (for now) and has no external libraries like libsharedmedia.

I could be completely wrong about this tho and they manually supported it in the addon somehow, I just haven't come across it yet.

12-17-12, 05:39 PM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
It never should of worked in the first place... just luck if it was. Carbonite is self-sufficient (for now) and has no external libraries like libsharedmedia.

I could be completely wrong about this tho and they manually supported it in the addon somehow, I just haven't come across it yet.
I must be one of the lucky ones.
Please click the image for the larger version (1280 x 800). May open in a new browser tab or window depending on your browser.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Carb_Fonts-1.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	7455 Click image for larger version

Name:	Carb-Fonts 2.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	7456

I know Carbonite has been like this for at least the last two years, because that's how long ago I decided to change the fonts that displayed the various Carbonite information in its' interfaces. I wanted it to match the rest of the displays in my UI. Luckily, the font I wanted to use was listed in the fonts menu, so.......

By the way, I'm currently using Carbonite 5.0591, but the BETA displayed the fonts the same way while I was using it.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

Last edited by jeffy162 : 12-17-12 at 05:49 PM.

12-17-12, 07:53 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by boudreau908 View Post

I've always used Wow font folder method to change font's to the ones I want to use. Since it's an everywhere change, the new fonts show up in Carbonite as well.

www.vranx.com/font.htm

12-18-12, 11:47 AM   #5
boudreau908
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
I've always used Wow font folder method to change font's to the ones I want to use. Since it's an everywhere change, the new fonts show up in Carbonite as well.

www.vranx.com/font.htm
Excellent fix....thank you. I got lucky with it before and never put much thought into a solution.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Shared media