12-14-10, 08:19 AM   #1
Nocturna
A Fallenroot Satyr
Quest History Missing Half the Quests

The WoW Achievements pane shows me at 107/108 quests completed in Uldum. I can't find any more quests to do there. In order to try to figure out which quest I missed somehow, I opened the History tab of the Carb quest log. Imagine my surprise when it shows only 40 quests completed in Uldum!

I can think of 2 possibilities:

1. Phasing in the zone is making Carb consider the zone as multiple separate zones (Uld phase 1, Uld phase 2, Uld phase 3, etc.), and the list of 40 quests is accurate for my current PHASE (but not the zone).

2. The constant updating of Carb since Cata is simply overwriting my quest completion history, so that only quests completed since I last updated Carb are counted. (OUCH!)

Either way, I am desperate to get a list of completed quests in the zone (by quest name, not just a numerical tally) so I can find the one I missed. Please advise how I can force Carb Quest History to show me an accurate list of quests completed in the zone.

kkthxbai

Last edited by Nocturna : 12-14-10 at 12:08 PM. Reason: Delete 'missing q'givers' (dup other thread)

12-14-10, 07:30 PM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
From the Urban Dictionary:

kkthxbai: Okay, thank you, goodbye. Abbreviation thereof. Commonly used in a facetious or sarcastic manner to emphasise the rapidity with which the sayer wishes to both win and then leave the conversation.

Nice.

12-15-10, 02:23 AM   #3
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Carbonite does not care about phasing. Addons in general have no easy way to see what phase you are in.

Carbonite has not changed the format of or reset quest history for years if ever.

My mage also has 107/108 in Uldum. With the new quest database in beta 5, I was able to see a few quest givers I missed.

Quest completion info can be grabbed from the server at any time by right clicking the history list and selecting "Get Completed From Server".

12-15-10, 09:21 AM   #4
Nocturna
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
My mage also has 107/108 in Uldum. With the new quest database in beta 5, I was able to see a few quest givers I missed.
I finally got 108/108. The missing one was the follow-on quest after turning in Hacking the Wibson to the glowy orb on the submarine- the orb has you go do a Katamari Damacy imitation on some gnomes until you have rolled up 1,000 of them! The reason I missed it is that the glowy orb was bugged prior to yesterday's maintenance restart- see Wowhead for details.

Quest completion info can be grabbed from the server at any time by right clicking the history list and selecting "Get Completed From Server".
OMG! What great info to have! I kept checking to make sure that "Get quest completion info from server" was checked in the options, and it was and has been forever, expecting that would be enough to make the addon, you know, get quest completion info from server.... Maybe you folks would consider removing that check-box since, apparently, it does nothing.

OMW in-game to try the right-clicking trick and repopulate my quest history pane. Thanks.

12-15-10, 09:32 AM   #5
Nocturna
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
From the Urban Dictionary:

kkthxbai: Okay, thank you, goodbye. Abbreviation thereof. Commonly used in a facetious or sarcastic manner to emphasise the rapidity with which the sayer wishes to both win and then leave the conversation.
Um, certainly not intended to have that "win then leave quickly" connotation, and just because that font of authoritative knowledge, the urban dictionary, says that's one common usage does not imply that (a) it's the only common usage, and/or (b) that I meant it in that way.

I meant it in the same tone that "I can haz cheezeburgers?" is generally intended: mildly humorous and designed to elicit a smile. I see 'kkthxbai' used in that context and with that intent more often than any other.

Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
Nice.
That, on the other hand, leaves little room for interpretation. So thanks for jumping to your own conclusions about how I meant an innocent abbreviation, and double-thanks for assuming that I merited a rebuke based on your erroneous conclusions.

Nice, indeed.

Last edited by Nocturna : 12-15-10 at 09:37 AM. Reason: add missing word

12-15-10, 07:06 PM   #6
Chmee
A Molten Giant
<shrug> You may not have meant it that way, and Faatal and Haavok may not have taken it that way, but that's how I saw it. You might want people to assume that whatever you do or say, if it seems insulting or hurtful you didn't mean it that way, but in my experience, that's not the way to bet. No worries, though. In future I'll just ignore such posts.

Last edited by Chmee : 12-15-10 at 07:08 PM.

12-16-10, 12:10 AM   #7
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Nocturna View Post
What great info to have! I kept checking to make sure that "Get quest completion info from server" was checked in the options, and it was and has been forever, expecting that would be enough to make the addon, you know, get quest completion info from server.... Maybe you folks would consider removing that check-box since, apparently, it does nothing.
It works, but it only asks once per character after login of each character. After than Carbonite can see you complete the quest and does not need to ask the server, which would require the data be sent from the server each time.

12-17-10, 08:40 AM   #8
ezarra
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
I have completed Twilight Highlands (got the achievements and everything). However, when I was over trying to find the last few quest to get the final achievement for killing the big Gruul looking guy, Carbonite showed my quests as 0/0 for the zone and showed no quest givers.

I did finally find the quests I had to do to unlock the final line (I had to go into the cave and do that series before I could unlock the quests that led to King of the Mountain).

I will have to try to reload the history next time I am logged in.

12-20-10, 10:59 AM   #9
Nocturna
A Fallenroot Satyr
Just came back to let you know that this info solved the problem.

Thanks very much for your help!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest History Missing Half the Quests