12-03-10, 08:17 PM   #1
Nocturna
A Fallenroot Satyr
Quest Objective *areas* not on map

Since the 4.0.3 betas & releases (starting about 3 weeks ago) I'm no longer seeing quest objective AREAS (tiny to large AREAS on map shaded in white or some other color to indicate that the quest objective(s) can be anywhere in the area as opposed to a fixed spot).

Instead, I'm seeing little SPOT markers, which would normally indicate that the quest objective is confined to one fixed location. Once I get there and (eventually) complete the quest, it is obvious that the SPOT should have been an AREA as it was in all releases prior to the 4.0.3 series.

If you want a specific example of an area-objective quest that is erroneously showing a spot-objective 100% of the times I do it, try the Kaluak rep daily "Planning for the Future" out of Moa'ki Harbor in Dragonblight, wherein the player must go northwest of the village and capture 12 Snowfall Glade Pups from a large-ish area- but Carb has shown only a spot in the last several betas & releases.

Maybe there is a new control (option?) that I have just missed... if so, please disabuse me of my ignorance. I really need for Carb to show me quest objective AREAS again and not just some random spot within a large area.

kkthxbai

12-04-10, 12:37 PM   #2
Haavok
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
We are aware of this and it's discussed in this thread.

Short story, it's working as intended and very soon we will be switching to our own quest data which will bring back areas & quest starters.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest Objective *areas* not on map