03-10-10, 08:45 AM   #1
Daemion Immolatus
A Kobold Labourer
"Pop up" bars

Is there an addon that allows for having bars pop up on mouseover (or click) on a button?

I want to be able to hover over a button (or right click) and then display various casting options, like a menu that expands. It should be similar to the functionality as it is found in the 'sphere' type addons where you can expand one button and then see multiple casting options.
I would like to know if something like that is possible from the toolbars as I don't really like the 'sphere' type addons.
03-10-10, 08:53 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There are some macros that used with mods like Macaroon that allow for "pop up" bars. However what you can do is limited, if you try for in-combat usage, you can run into problems. Out of combat stuff like buffs, food, mounts, non-combat pets and the like are ideal for these types of bars. For trinket swapping there is MiniTrinketBar which allows for trinket swapping with a pop-out "bar" on your bars however I do not what it's status is.
03-10-10, 09:46 AM   #3
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I suggest looking at OPie (if you don't want to work off of keybinds, then you can create a macro for a ring and put that on your bars) or at XBar. There is also Geist (though not exactly what you requested).

/edit: the macro option which Zyonin mentioned (for out of combat stuff) is Select.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-10-10, 11:30 PM   #4
cormanthor
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
/edit: the macro option which Zyonin mentioned (for out of combat stuff) is Select.
... or Macaroon w/ Extensions.
03-11-10, 09:53 AM   #5
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Oh, I wasn't aware the the Extentions plugin incorporated Gello's "select" idea.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » "Pop up" bars