12-04-06, 08:13 AM   #101
thaisxs
A Defias Bandit
hie Cladhaire r u going to release patch 1.201version praid ?

12-04-06, 08:16 AM   #102
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There will be a version of PerfectRaid released by Wednesday, yes.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

12-07-06, 06:01 PM   #103
thaisxs
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Cladhaire
There will be a version of PerfectRaid released by Wednesday, yes.
is the new perfect raid up ?

12-07-06, 07:03 PM   #104
Lichbane
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Hi Cladhaire. Can't wait for the update. I really love PRaid's simplicity.

One question that's been bugging me: What does it mean when Perfectraid puts a colored (blue) border around a character's frame?

12-07-06, 07:55 PM   #105
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
No its not.
It means they have a magic debuff that you can dispel.
"There's only one thing that I know how to do well and I've often been told that you only can do what you know how to do well, and that's be you-- be what you're like-- be like yourself. And so I'm having a wonderful time, but I'd rather be whistling in the dark..."

12-07-06, 08:18 PM   #106
Aramis
A Kobold Labourer
Cladhaire,

As loyal user of perfect raid like many others. Is there an estimated release date for a new Patch2.0 compatitable Perfect Raid?

12-07-06, 08:24 PM   #107
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Not at the moment. Soon.

12-08-06, 08:04 AM   #108
Euphornia
A Defias Bandit
I'll join what I am sure are the hundreds of others in anxiously waiting for the PerfectRaid update. I can't imagine the headaches involved in doing all these updates and wanted to add my thanks for all of your hard work! Raiding without PerfectRaid is just awful!

12-08-06, 10:04 AM   #109
Ministry
A Murloc Raider

Well I'd say "give it time" so it'll work correctly. Yesterday me and my guild did BWL without much addons and to my surprise we did a much better raid than all the times before. Dunno if this is due to new talentbuilds and revamped classes or due to less distraction by mods to some players

For that raid the raidframes of ag_unitframes did the job together with clique, but I too miss perfectraid.

However Blizzards' UI itself seems to be f0rked up, if I'm looking at all those answers by slouken stating "Fixed for release of TBC" - e.g. the constant "illegal action"-popups when trying to duel someone, disenchant or the constant "clicking" noise while raiding. I can imagine that all the mod-devs are highly confused, because lots of those bugs aren't apparent in the beta but are here and they don't know yet what they've got to work around by themselves and what's gonna be fixed.

I'm already impressed by the speed of adaption by ACE-mods and considering that I've got a nearly completely functional set of mods running when the patch went live here in the EU, I'd bet that ACE2-mods just got a hell of a lot more fans out there.

12-08-06, 10:23 AM   #110
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
Just to be clear, PerfectRaid is currently uses some of the Ace2 libraries, but will cease to do so with my rewrite. Ace fanbois need not apply =)

12-08-06, 10:26 AM   #111
Hevanus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Also missing PerfectRaid quite a bit, but am waiting patiently.

Went back to the CTRA raid frames and am experiencing annoying freezes. Time to check out oRA maybe

12-08-06, 10:55 AM   #112
Ministry
A Murloc Raider

Just to be clear, PerfectRaid is currently uses some of the Ace2 libraries, but will cease to do so with my rewrite. Ace fanbois need not apply =)
Oh noes My I ask why that is so? I was under the impression that more and more mods are made with ACE2, thus my memory usage dropped heavily as I too switched nearly exclusvely to ACE2-mods...

12-08-06, 11:19 AM   #113
OttoDeFe
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I shouldn't worry about memory issues with any of Clad's code. His AddOns were efficient before he used Ace libs and will be at least as efficient after.
but if there's a war
I just don't know if a Bic will save ya..."

-- Last Offence

12-09-06, 12:15 PM   #114
Ministry
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by OttoDeFe
I shouldn't worry about memory issues with any of Clad's code. His AddOns were efficient before he used Ace libs and will be at least as efficient after.
Well I don't worry about Clad's mods - I wouldn't have used them a long time before most people jumped the ACE2-bandwagon some weeks ago, if I'd not be confident in his coding skills.

It's just that I've started out as a critic of ACE-mods, as they've lacked usability and where too few in numbers as that their library-centric design would've made any difference. But right now I'm using lots of ACE'd mods and it really paid off.

Clad's mods gained a lot of support by many raiding players and so Clique and PerfectRaid were some kind of Trojan Horses for ACE2 that brought it into many people's Interface folders

Don't get me wrong, I'll continue using Clique and PerfectRaid no matter how they're done - I'm just a programmer myself si I'm naturally curious what exactly made him abandon ACE.

12-09-06, 01:36 PM   #115
Cladhaire
Salad!

Premium Member
I could give you over twenty reasons why I won't use Ace, all of them being purely technical reasons, with the end result being, I do whats best for my users, and whats best for my users is not using Ace.

12-09-06, 01:46 PM   #116
Ministry
A Murloc Raider

I could give you over twenty reasons why I won't use Ace, all of them being purely technical reasons, with the end result being, I do whats best for my users, and whats best for my users is not using Ace.
Well then feel free to send me those reasons as a PM whenever you find some time, as I'm interested in those technical details

12-09-06, 01:58 PM   #117
instant
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
In the meantime if you're using ag_uf you can use the Perfectraid skin for it. I miss perfectraid tho, so hope its out soon, even if its not ace2'ed :-)

12-09-06, 11:04 PM   #118
Sproket
A Kobold Labourer
Has perfect target been updated? If not will it be worked on after praid?

12-09-06, 11:18 PM   #119
Khazador
A Kobold Labourer
gettin' insane without it
was the best to heal with
sucks to play without
hope you'll take this as a motivation to work on it

12-10-06, 02:56 AM   #120
Sydney Bristow
A Kobold Labourer
thank you

Thank you for working on updating Perfectraid. I've used hundreds of different mods in the past couple of years, and this is one of the very few mods that I cannot do without! I appreciate all of your hard work and effort I'm also excited about the possibility of using perfectraid in a party as well.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Cladhaire's Mods » PerfectRaid