12-07-07, 12:27 AM   #1
wrags
A Defias Bandit
"global"(i guess) kill counter/announcer

Basically what I'm looking for is a mod to call out other peoples, as well as your own, killing sprees, double triple kills, etc. I've been trying to change this mod that i found the other day, but I don't really know how to "hook the function"(i guess is what you would call it) properly. The addon reads from the battleground scoreboard, instead of looking for strings in your combat log (you have slain _____. +1 kill), but it doesn't have a timer to call double kills - just calls your kills in succession without dying. The mod is called "Killing Blow Sprees", found it on curse.com. Anyway, any help would be much appreciated.

edit: I've sent the creator an email asking permission to change it but he has not responded yet. I don't know if that's standard or not.

Last edited by wrags : 12-07-07 at 12:30 AM.
12-07-07, 09:51 AM   #2
Gemini_II
A Molten Giant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Asking permission first is always appreciated. If there is no response, then it's usually acceptable to "continue" a project... "Killer Blow Sprees Continued", etc.

I'm not sure about the logistics of your addon idea. I'm thinking that might be an awful lot of parsing and resultant spam. A programmer would have a better idea than me though.

12-07-07, 12:35 PM   #3
wrags
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Gemini_II
I'm thinking that might be an awful lot of parsing and resultant spam.
Theoretically yes, but that's the way that I want it.
12-12-07, 04:15 PM   #4
wrags
A Defias Bandit
So I found another mod that may be somewhat helpful to the idea called "BGTracker".

Basically what this one does is rewrite the battleground scoreboard to keep track of everyones data in the battleground. All the work is already done, just needs to be altered. It would be much appreciated if anyone experienced with lua scripting could help me out a bit.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » "global"(i guess) kill counter/announcer