06-20-10, 09:17 AM   #1
sanscrito
A Defias Bandit
"Shield equipped" addon

I've been looking for a very simple addon that just shows a little PowerAuras-like image on the screen whenever my character has a shield equipped.
I've tried to do that with Power Auras but it seems it isn't possible and i'd prefer to use a more lightweight addon anyway.
Could anyone help me with this?
06-20-10, 11:55 AM   #2
Artifact
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

I know you said you'd prefer to use something lighter than Power Auras, but you actually could use that addon to notify you of when you have a shield equipped if you can't find a better solution.

Create a new aura using "Action Usable" as the activator and select an action that you can only use if you have a shield equipped. For example, as a Warrior you could tell it to show a small aura if "Spell Reflect" is usable. The drawback is that when whatever ability you choose is on cooldown the aura will disappear, so you'd want to use an ability you don't use often. You could also use some ability that you don't use often that can only be used with a one-handed weapon (assuming you have a 2-hander equipped when not using a shield).

Not perfect, but that's the only way I could think of.
06-20-10, 01:37 PM   #3
sanscrito
A Defias Bandit
Thank you for the advice, but I don't think it could work.
I need it mostly for pvp, and i use spell reflect very often, so it would always be on cooldown. Moreover warrior abilities that require a shield are only usable in certain stances, and they require rage, so they won't be usable in most cases.
06-20-10, 02:46 PM   #4
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Try this one. Just write /ihasshield to unlock it and you can move it with your mouse and then again to lock it into place.

Open core.lua for some simple config
Code:
local texture = "Interface\\AddOns\\IHasShield\\Aura21.tga"
local width,height = 64,64
local blendmode = "ADD"
local r,g,b = 1,1,1
local alpha = 1
Attached Files
File Type: zip IHasShield.zip (17.2 KB, 780 views)

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.
06-20-10, 03:02 PM   #5
sanscrito
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by v6o View Post
Try this one. Just write /ihasshield to unlock it and you can move it with your mouse and then again to lock it into place.

Open core.lua for some simple config
Code:
local texture = "Interface\\AddOns\\IHasShield\\Aura21.tga"
local width,height = 64,64
local blendmode = "ADD"
local r,g,b = 1,1,1
local alpha = 1
That's what i was looking for, thank you very much

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » "Shield equipped" addon