02-21-05, 09:45 AM   #1
Seayn
A Defias Bandit
Insomniax package help

I have been using the Insomniax package the last two versions. It does everything I want it to do except one small problem. I can not get the quest fade to go away. Everytime I get a new quest I have to wait for the text to appear. I have even tried adding a seperate add-on for quest fade and it still wont work. Does anyone have a clue on how I could fix this please?
02-21-05, 03:29 PM   #2
axlezero
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
i had a similiar problem, but it was because i had another addon over riding all other text fade addons, if ur using something else besides gypsy with insomniax it might be causing the problem, i think i had ctmod running and it had an override all others, can't remember though, i'd check your addons

sorry not ctmod, it was cosmos

Last edited by axlezero : 02-21-05 at 03:31 PM.
02-21-05, 09:50 PM   #3
HollowedAndJaded
A Murloc Raider
I had that problem aswell, but i found a simple solution, i just got some help from a friend to make the text speed in the quests to appear very fast, it's almost instant. and that makes it so you can accept a quest just under a second after you've clicked on the npc. It's not the perfect solution, but it worked for me (i hope that helps, but something tells me it doesn't :x )
02-23-05, 04:43 PM   #4
Seayn
A Defias Bandit
It would help if yopu told me what you did
02-24-05, 12:23 AM   #5
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Seayn, have you looked under the Gypsy button and checked whether the quest text fade-in is enabled or disabled? Do you have any other mods installed besides Insomniax?
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti
02-24-05, 03:03 AM   #6
draig
A Defias Bandit
aye disabling quest text fading in gypsy sorts for me
02-24-05, 07:42 AM   #7
Remelio

if that doesn't work, try this:

Code:
/script QUEST_FADING_ENABLE = nil;
/script RegisterForSave(QUEST_DESCRIPTION_GRADIENT_CPS)
This will set the fading to nothing, and then save it so you don't have to re-do it all the time.

Hope this helps.
05-26-05, 09:37 AM   #8
loonetic
A Kobold Labourer
pet buttons disappeared

where do i find my pet buttons? once i downloaded the UI there was no pet buttons.. in new to this so pls help me.. my charaters a warlock..

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Insomniax package help