Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
02-08-09, 02:40 PM   #1
eliljey
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Pulldowns, lists and tabs.

Hello everyone. I'm working on an addon with a config window that I'd like to include the three items I listed in the thread title.

First off I'm using the WoW UI Designer to implement the main configuration dialog box. I know how to write software and HDL so I've sort of reverse engineered LUA/XML (although I'm far from an expert) so if there are any limitations to the WoW UI tool then I'm comfortable working in the XML directly if that helps me get what I need.

Pulldown menus - I have a few settings that would work best if they were selected from a list. The WoW UI Designer has a "ComboBox" widget that implements this feature. I haven't found any information on the forum as to whether or not this widget works but it seems like a lot of people recommend coding these pulldowns manually. The combobox works from a "mechanical" standpoint but I haven't been able to figure out how to extract the value into a variable that I can then use.

Does the combobox widget work? If so then how do I get it's value? If it does not then I'll have to go back to some of the threads I found that do it manually or do it an entirely different way altogether.

Lists - I'll get real specific here: I want to be able to create a list based off of people in my group/raid. Again this would work best for me if it ended up as a list of items in a pulldown menu so I can easily select individuals from the group.

How do I build a dynamically populated list of unknown length?

Tabs - I have enough stuff in my dialog that if I could spread it across multiple tabs that would be really cool. Are tabs just separate frames with buttons to jump to the other tabs are is there a more pre-canned way to implement a tabbed window structure?

Thanks for your help.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Pulldowns, lists and tabs.