03-13-09, 08:28 AM   #1
Taborious
A Defias Bandit
Anti Ninja Looter

Im raid leader for my guild and we don't quite fill for 25s so that means pugs. I have had some issues with pugs getting caught changing gear after a boss is down so they can roll on an item as an upgrade; even though they have better. Once it goes into their bags it basically invisible and you can only see what they currently have equipped.

Im looking to write; or find, an addon that will tell me if someone is changing gear and what they changed. Maybe I can only see one part of it, what they put on instead of what they took off, but either way would be helpful. Im looking at unit_inventory_changed but that will fire for emblem looting to I think??? anyway, any thoughts, suggestions or point me in the right direction...
03-13-09, 08:52 AM   #2
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Only possible if this is done via inspect windows. Or those people would need the addon itself to report it, but I doubt that is going to happen.

If you want prevent ninjaing, use master loot.
03-13-09, 09:18 AM   #3
tinyu
A Molten Giant

grab Examiner inspect all the PUGs before you begin when you inspect someone it stores their info in the cache that you can see any time you want.
03-13-09, 12:03 PM   #4
Taborious
A Defias Bandit
thanks, Ill try Examiner.

I am using master looter that does not prevent someone from hiding gear. switching out a purple for a blue and then rolling on what dropped so they can shard it later.
03-13-09, 01:28 PM   #5
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by tinyu View Post
grab Examiner inspect all the PUGs before you begin when you inspect someone it stores their info in the cache that you can see any time you want.
Be sure not to examine them again when it's time to check if it's an upgrade...I believe that when you inspect the same person, it overwrites the existing cache. So, be sure to inspect yourself, another guildie, or use the slash commands to open the cache instead of inspecting them again when checking.
03-13-09, 04:01 PM   #6
tinyu
A Molten Giant

yes exactly just target your self and type /inspect and click the cache.
03-20-09, 01:00 PM   #7
Taborious
A Defias Bandit
Ok, Im going to use examiner but I want to create a small addon that will notify me when someone has changed gear. Simple registration of unit_inventory_changed and when it fires, get the toons name and populate a fontstring on a frame. My question is as long as the frame is open does a variable stay populated or saved?

if i have a variable peopleChangingGear and each time unit_inventory_changed fires I add that person's name to the variable. e.g.

peopleChangingGear = peopleChangingGear .. newNiinjaName
fontString:SetText(peopleChangingGear)

How long does peopleChangingGear stay populated? forever? until the frame is closed? on UI reload?

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » General Authoring Discussion » Anti Ninja Looter