03-09-09, 06:41 AM   #1
dafire
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
announcements in new post search

I usually read the forum by using the "new posts" search and only read what I'm interested in.

Now there are Anouncements showing up on top that look like important forum announcements but apparently all belong to one addon.

I kinda find it annoying and something can get changed regarding them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bild 1.png
Views:	147
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	2339  
03-09-09, 08:30 AM   #2
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
The announcements are the result of the featured artist that controls that forum. Announcements wont be shown in search as that is not what they are ment for. You may wish to ask that author they change those announcements to sticky threads instead.

Mera, that solution has nothing to do with the post you replied to and thus was removed. That user was talking about AddOn search not forums. It also has nothing to do with this persons issue.
03-09-09, 12:42 PM   #3
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
well that was a nice workaround to dafire problems and they are normal vBulletin & SMF functions, thats pity you deleted it and easy to say that's out of subject now that is deleted! now ppl have to hard ignore forum sections when that is not needed at all. Guess you are in a bad day because I dont see why you deleted such tip that do you probably use yourself, I take it unfair what you did Bye!
03-09-09, 01:54 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Mera, dafire didn't say that he wanted to hide those forums. He just didn't like how the announcements were being displayed on that "new posts" page. As for the other thread that you posted your suggestion in, p3lim wasn't talking about the forums at all - he was talking about a bug in the advanced search for download categories.

This forum (site help, suggestions, bugs, etc) is more heavily moderated than the rest because Dolby uses it as a sort of to-do list. You have been around long enough to realize that, and to know thatwe are always fair.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

03-09-09, 03:48 PM   #5
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Originally Posted by Mera View Post
well that was a nice workaround to dafire problems and they are normal vBulletin & SMF functions, thats pity you deleted it and easy to say that's out of subject now that is deleted! now ppl have to hard ignore forum sections when that is not needed at all. Guess you are in a bad day because I dont see why you deleted such tip that do you probably use yourself, I take it unfair what you did Bye!
It has nothing to do with dafires problem. Did you read what he said and understand it? I don't think you did. Your post I deleted was fine but only served to confuse these people as it had nothing to do with their problems. Do not post to a thread if you dont fully understand the problem.

Last edited by Dolby : 03-09-09 at 03:54 PM.
03-10-09, 06:48 AM   #6
dafire
Premium Member
The Problem was that there were vbulletin announcements used where it should have been posts.
This announcements are fine for important messages to all users and usually also have an expire date set since they also ignore functions like "Mark Forums Read".

But now everything is fine.. thanks

WoWInterface » Site Forums » Site help, bugs, suggestions/questions » announcements in new post search