02-17-07, 12:16 AM   #1
matcauthonrh
A Fallenroot Satyr
Need Powerful Bar Mod

It's that time again. With the new skills on my bar, I've finally recognized it's time to update my keybindings. While I was thinking about that I came to the conclusion that I needed to completely redo my action bar interface and start from scratch. I'm considering buying a N52 to help with this but in the meantime I am without.

What I want from an Action Bar mod:
-Ability for up to 3 bottom left bars stacked ontop of eachother. I could make do with 2 but 3 would be ideal.
-Ability to morph based on the following modifiers: stealth/unstealth, melee range/bow range. I want bars to morph and or individual skills to change when I'm stealth or unstealth. So for example, if "4" is "Rupture" in combat, out of stealth, I'd want it to be say, "Garrote" in stealth, and "Deadly Throw" if I'm out of melee range but in deadly throw range. Or if "1" is backstab out of stealth, ambush in stealth and Shoot Bow out of range.
-Ability for custom keybindings (so I can bind any bar button to any key.) -
- I would also like binds to be able to be modified by key presses. Like for example, Shift-1 doing something different than 1 by itself. Or by the capslock key to switch w/o permanent keypress.
- And finally, I would like to be able to save different set ups, such as a bar arrangement for grinding/pvp/raids, etc.

I am also open to any suggestions on exactly to bind my keys to the keyboard. I've been using 24 skills bound to f1-f12 and 1-=, but I am open to new ideas. I find myself reaching too far, on my laptop keyboard (my hand tends to rest along the left edge making reaching a problem. With a traditional keyboard it wouldn't be so much of a problem.

Thank you for reading and any suggestions.
02-17-07, 01:41 AM   #2
Kyales
A Fallenroot Satyr

Trinty Bars
Bongos
Bust it

Try it and see

I suggest Trinity
02-17-07, 01:59 AM   #3
Xanithon
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Hiya!

My main abilities like Shadowbolt and Fear I wanted based around my movement keys.
So I have bound my main abilities to "Q, E, R, T, F and G".

But, E and Q go fine for your MAIN spells.

02-17-07, 10:12 AM   #4
mrwuss
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Bongos does that, and does it quite well.
02-17-07, 11:07 AM   #5
lingering
A Cliff Giant

Personly i use Bongos, amazingly good
02-17-07, 11:09 AM   #6
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
i use bartender3 and baternderautobindings and they work great

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
02-17-07, 01:13 PM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I just started using Bartender3, and I don't believe I'm familiar with BartenderAutoBindings. Could you please give a link? I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks.
02-17-07, 01:46 PM   #8
Lindalas
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Range check not possible

I've used both Bongos and Bartender and both work really well. The UI can no longer adapt based on range to target (it cannot adapt to any combat situations) so you'll have to either manually switch or (my preferred choice as a hunter) have a ranged bar and a melee bar one on top of the other.

You should be able to switch bars based on stance and going into stealth. However, I suspect that you can't make it switch back as you come out of stealth since that is happening automatically as you attack (perhaps it can switch as you attack... not a rogue so I don't know).

The only reason I'm using Bartender rather than Bongos now is that Autobar can dock onto bartender. If it wasn't for that I'd probably stick to Bongos.
02-17-07, 01:50 PM   #9
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Seerah
I just started using Bartender3, and I don't believe I'm familiar with BartenderAutoBindings. Could you please give a link? I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks.

here ya go

http://www.wowace.com/files/Bartende...ngs-r26541.zip

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
02-17-07, 02:18 PM   #10
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Gracias I didn't see it on the WoWAce site, but I didn't check the files list.
02-17-07, 07:59 PM   #11
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Hmm.... Am I missing something with BartenderAutoBindings? There is no readme and I can't seem to find what exactly it does and how...
02-18-07, 01:02 PM   #12
blay
An Aku'mai Servant
When I installed Bartender3 it used the bindings I already had set. Don't think I did anything special. Love BT3 by the way, as I found it a little easier to manage than Bongos.
02-18-07, 04:50 PM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Yeah, I can set the Bartender3 bindings through the keybindings menu, I was just hoping this might make it a little easier. (I LOOOOVE the MazzleUI altered Bongos, but that doesn't work away from MazzleUI and the regular Bongos doesn't float my boat.) I don't remember if keybindings were set in regular Bongos the same way they are in Mazzle's but ideally that's what I'd like. XD
02-18-07, 06:30 PM   #14
blay
An Aku'mai Servant
*off topic* @Seerah: Love the avatar!
02-20-07, 01:51 PM   #15
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by blay
*off topic* @Seerah: Love the avatar!
Thanks! Found it online somewhere...

Does anyone else know about BartenderAutoBindings?
02-20-07, 02:16 PM   #16
PathMaster
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

to the OP: Bartender should work. I have seen it done, but don't know how.
02-20-07, 02:33 PM   #17
Beladona
A Molten Giant

I prefer CogsBar of all the Bar Mods I ahve ever used. it is totally flexible and fully supports per-stance hotbars, as well as static bars. You can drag them around, and create any combination of buttons (like 12x4, or whatever) as well as do hotkeys.

Bear in mind however that there isn't a configuration panel for it at the moment. If you are scared of using slash commands, then don't use this, but for those of us that don't care about slash commands, this one is ideally suited.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Need Powerful Bar Mod