03-02-09, 10:40 PM   #1
Dolby
PPAP

WoWInterface Admin
Thumbs up Launch of ZAM.com

WoWInterface is proud to announce the launch of ZAM.com!

ZAM.com is a centralized news portal and game hub for MMOs of all shapes and sizes. Through this portal ZAM will be covering all sorts of MMO related content, including classic games like Everquest and Final Fantasy XI, new games like Warhammer Online or Age of Conan, as well as upcoming games and Free-to-Play projects. ZAM.com will serve as a hub for editorial content across the entire ZAM Network, as well as a portal for access to our other sites, including Wowhead, Thottbot, Allakhazam, and Online Gaming Radio.

Head on over to ZAM.com and check it out!

Official ZAM Press Release

Last edited by Cairenn : 03-07-09 at 11:06 AM.
03-02-09, 11:50 PM   #2
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Personally, I like the new look of Alla a lot more than the old. A greater ease of navigating and it's pleasing to the eye. Grats to ZAM for all of their recent progress.
03-03-09, 03:00 AM   #3
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Personally, I like the new look of Alla a lot more than the old. A greater ease of navigating and it's pleasing to the eye. Grats to ZAM for all of their recent progress.
If I read this (and Zam.com) correctly, Zam.com does not replace Allakhazam (as you imply it does), rather its a new site that has content from all of the network's sites (included this site).

Now I need to get my Allakhazam nick changed (since Zam currently uses your Allakhazam log-in) which I have not used in a long time.

UPDATE:

A bit of feedback although this forum is likely not the best spot for it. The Zam site is quite nice, easy to use. However it would be nice for one user account to be used for all for the Zam sites. I have two accounts, this one on WoWI and my old Allakhazam one (which has 0 posts and a layer of dust that totally obscures it). I would (and I would imagine others would as well) prefer to be able to consolidate my account to just one log-in for the whole network. Yes that is a rather tall order considering that Alla seems to use a different site architecture/code base compared to WoWI/MMOI

Last edited by Zyonin : 03-03-09 at 03:12 AM.
03-03-09, 04:57 AM   #4
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
yep + I don't see the benefits to register on Zam.com
Mera[xeh]? - La CroisadeEcarlate (wow)
03-03-09, 07:52 AM   #5
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

If you click the official press release link in Dolby's post and scroll down to view the comments, it's explained by an admin that ZAM is the new Allakhazam. If you are registered on Alla, then you are registered on ZAM.

Maybe I misunderstood.
03-03-09, 08:26 AM   #6
Darqflame
Allakhazam Staff
Premium Member
Your old Allakhazam login will work with the new ZAM site. However, at this time we do not have a universal login across all sites.

/wave hi Dolby!
03-03-09, 08:38 AM   #7
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I wont register there atleast, it doesnt let me register a nick with numbers in it :<
03-03-09, 10:02 AM   #8
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by Darqflame View Post
Your old Allakhazam login will work with the new ZAM site. However, at this time we do not have a universal login across all sites.

/wave hi Dolby!
Yah, I noticed this AFTER I created a new account using my WoWI nick (since that is what I am known by). I got an error saying that an account was associated with that email address (so I used an alternate address for the new one) resulting in a Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moment. So I did a password recovery, found that ancient Alla account I have not used in three years. Anyway, if in the future, a unified log-in system does roll down the pike, then I will be a happy camper.
03-07-09, 09:20 AM   #9
T3HPWnEr3R
A Murloc Raider
your thottbot link is broken, missing the .com
03-07-09, 11:06 AM   #10
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Hehehe, thanks. Fixed.
03-20-09, 09:12 AM   #11
Infini
A Defias Bandit

I actually attempted to register on Zam.com and never received the confirmation email (no it wasn't in my spam folder either hehe). I sent them two emails to the address listed for registration problems ( [email protected] ) and never received a reply. Unsure if anyone else had this problem but just thought I'd share.

Cheers
03-24-09, 09:52 AM   #12
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I don't see the point in ZAM.com or even Curse.com. Most people don't play multiple MMOs, do they? Why do we need news on multiple MMOs? I thought maybe I could just filter the news for WoW, but it just redirects me to Allakhazam.
03-24-09, 11:58 AM   #13
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Originally Posted by Spectro View Post
I don't see the point in ZAM.com or even Curse.com. Most people don't play multiple MMOs, do they? Why do we need news on multiple MMOs? I thought maybe I could just filter the news for WoW, but it just redirects me to Allakhazam.
Surprise, surprise, I do play more than one MMO. My main MMO is WoW, however I do play Guild Wars and I have a couple of other MMOs with whom I have accounts with. Some players will bounce back and forth between MMOs. A good example would a player that plays WoW for a few months until they get bored, then go play Warhammer until WoW releases its next big content patch.
03-24-09, 01:46 PM   #14
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Well, I myself have an account (currently frozen) for Final Fantasy XI, and I am also interested in Star Wars: The Old Republic. Still, though, I don't think I'd find ZAM.com useful. I don't really care about any of the other hundreds of MMOs.
03-24-09, 02:44 PM   #15
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Well, I myself have an account (currently frozen) for Final Fantasy XI, and I am also interested in Star Wars: The Old Republic. Still, though, I don't think I'd find ZAM.com useful. I don't really care about any of the other hundreds of MMOs.

At the risk of going off topic, I'm feeling like a school kid waiting for prom night when I think about SW:TOR.

As for multiple listings of mmos on the websites you mention, it's a familiarity thing and one stop shopping (so to speak). Websites you know and trust are few and far between, such as this one .
03-24-09, 03:30 PM   #16
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Then don't use it. WoW.Allakhazam.com will continue as it always has. I can definitely see the need for Zam. For those who may be interested in the new MMOs that upcoming (such as Aion or the new Star Wars: TOR), or interested in news about current MMOs such as Wahammer or LOTR, Zam will serve as a one stop news source. For those who just want news just about the MMO of their interest, then there all the specialty fansites that exist, including the various sections of Allakhazam.
03-25-09, 10:11 AM   #17
Spectro
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Eh, you have a point. I won't go on anymore about it.

I'm wondering though, why not merge all the ZAM sites together? It seems silly to have Wowhead and Thottbot when they are basically the same, and then have the Allakhazam database as well.
03-26-09, 02:56 AM   #18
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

Eh, you have a point. I won't go on anymore about it.

I'm wondering though, why not merge all the ZAM sites together? It seems silly to have Wowhead and Thottbot when they are basically the same, and then have the Allakhazam database as well.
Who says they are not considering that? Then again the Zam devs may just leave things alone since currently they work quite nicely. A good case of "If it isn't broke, don't mess with it".

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Launch of ZAM.com