06-07-09, 11:44 AM   #1601
Vyper
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not sure where the sudden resurgence of hostility came from either.

What gives guys? Take it easy.
06-07-09, 12:35 PM   #1602
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
I'll agree with that one. What the hell, guys? We had a flame up, things calmed down, people came around, joking ensued, things were good. Then out of the blue, people started with personal attacks again, against someone who had actually come around and started being a member of the community? What the hell? I dare to not look at the thread for a day and everything goes to hell again? Sorry, but you guys owe him an apology. There was no need for any of this, and it was out of line. I'm really disappointed.

For my own part - Silent, I'm sorry things got out of hand again and that I wasn't here to reign it in sooner.

Last edited by Cairenn : 06-07-09 at 12:43 PM.
06-07-09, 01:21 PM   #1603
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

I gotta agree with Cairenn, Vyper and Honem here guys. You all know that I'm one of the most vehement defenders of this site, but If I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, I would think that anyone could. It certainly can't do any harm, and If we gain one more real member of the community we've accomplished something worthwhile here.

~ no need to make the message completely obnoxious - Cairenn
06-07-09, 02:21 PM   #1604
LittleWhiteDove
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Once again Cairenn proves why she is one of the most respected personages in the community. If she can forgive people who attacked her then how can the rest of us not do the same. Welcome new members of the community, we are glad to have you.

Last edited by LittleWhiteDove : 06-07-09 at 04:04 PM. Reason: To clarify wording
06-07-09, 05:26 PM   #1605
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by honem View Post
See I admit I used to have mr silentdabeast on ignore for his rape comment that got Caireen angry a few posts back (the most angry I've seen here btw). He then started making posts where it seemed like he was finally "getting it" and discussing things in a reasonable manner.

Then there's this complete and total shut out of him.

I don't get it guys... Am I missing part of the conversation here ? Was there some posts of his removed that peeved you all off ?

Please enlighten me

You don't get it? Really???????

I most certainly will not apologize. I will, however, stop the personal attacks as requested.
06-07-09, 07:09 PM   #1606
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

I've chosen to respond to Cairenn specifically, but everyone asked the questions she did, and I'm really responding to all of you.
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
Then out of the blue, people started with personal attacks again, against someone who had actually come around and started being a member of the community? What the hell?
I haven't yet begun to attack him as I am inclined to do, and I decided it was better to /ignore him than go on a rampage for directing his rational inconsistency at me.
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
There was no need for any of this, and it was out of line. I'm really disappointed.
*Looks around, looks at Silenia, and then looks very confused.*

Here, milady, I'm going to have to politely agree to disagree with you and stand in the offended group with Silenia. In keeping with your relatively thorough attention to detail, I'm going to assume that you did indeed read everything he said to me specifically. Let's review.

On page 79, Estoppel made a comment about my credibility. Silenia, Lykofos, and Tuhljin stuck up for me, all of them making impressively valid points. On page 80, I admitted that my credibility currently looks awful, but I can't help that because I'd rather look bad than risk fending off lawyers. I also said,
Originally Posted by us2006027321 View Post
...I'll not have anyone impugning my integrity on the sole basis of their skepticism.
To rephrase that a bit more simply, it p*sses me the f*ck off when someone says something bad about me just because they don't believe me, and I'm not going to put up with it. If someone pushes the skepticism button with me and pushes it too far, I'm not going to happy about it, and I furthermore am not going to take it lying down. I shouldn't have to take it, and I shouldn't be expected to take it. That statement was an extremely polite way of stating everything I just said. Perhaps it was too polite; I don't know. At this point, it doesn't matter.

Continuing on page 80... Silent then put his foot in his mouth and said I shouldn't be mentioning information I have if I'm not going to share it. This displayed to me that he clearly didn't read a thing I've said before he decided to presume to tell me what I should and shouldn't do. Not only so, he decided in the same post, two lines later (read it here if you'd like to verify it) to act like a hypocrite and do exactly the thing he said I shouldn't do. What's more, he couldn't display the reason to see that he and I are in a very similar place with WM. As I was promptly exasperated, I told him everything that was wrong with every statement he made, informed him that he had managed to offend me (understand that to mean that he p*ssed me off as I had informed him and any other skeptics would happen) and that I would be adding him to my ignore list. I didn't actually add him because I wanted to give him the opportunity to do something, anything, to redeem himself. He instead responded with an extremely flippant attitude and expected his apathy to be justification enough for everything he said without offering so much as an apology. Seeing that he was acting like a pig and I had been trying to teach him to sing, I told him that if he was going to behave that way, he should expect nothing but hostility, and then I put him on my ignore list.

I'll say it again: if someone is going to be rude to me, I'm not going to put up with it. I'll be nice enough to inform an offending party that my ire is rising, but if they press further after that, they've asked me to give it to them with both proverbial barrels, and I'm going to let them have it!

I understand that you don't appreciate my thought process about that, and I'm truly sorry that I offended you by my hostility. My anger isn't directed at you. I understand that you are doing your absolute best to make him feel welcome here, but insofar as I am concerned, I don't really see him working with you on earning that. I have a difficult time making someone feel welcome who treats me with a complete lack of respect. I've already made a decision that I'm ignoring him. This means I don't have to reply to him, and I won't. To that end, I won't be treating him rudely anymore, and you don't have to worry about that.

Unless I see an apology from him in future posts, don't expect me to roll out the red carpet and line up paparazzi for him.

06-07-09, 09:49 PM   #1607
HonorGoG
An Aku'mai Servant

Hello guys and gals! I've been gone the past five days...has anything been going on? I see 10 pages of new messages. Guess I'll start reading.

Edit: Holy crap! That was intense. So I've read all the messages. Belated hugs and kisses to Cairenn to help calm her down after she blew a fuse and to everyone else who managed to keep a level head during the recent excitement.

Last edited by HonorGoG : 06-07-09 at 10:52 PM.
06-07-09, 10:21 PM   #1608
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by HonorGoG View Post
Hello guys and gals! I've been gone the past five days...has anything been going on? I see 10 pages of new messages. Guess I'll start reading.
LoL Welcome back!

06-19-09, 02:14 AM   #1609
enavap
A Kobold Labourer
Thumbs down bad

You need to update this database for the program will be completely perfect.
06-19-09, 02:28 AM   #1610
Bluspacecow
Giver of walls of text :)

Originally Posted by enavap View Post
I think you might of posted in the wrong thread here.

Regardless Minion is still in beta. Please post the addons it detected wrong and the page of the addon it should of updated to to the stickies in the Minion forums
tuba_man on Apple test labs : "I imagine a brushed-aluminum room with a floor made of keyboards, each one plugged into a different test box somewhere. Someone is tasked with tossing a box full of cats (all wearing turtlenecks) into this room. If none of the systems catch fire within 30 minutes, testing is complete. Someone else must remove the cats. All have iPods." (http://community.livejournal.com/tec...t/2018070.html)
06-19-09, 08:25 AM   #1611
Shirik
Blasphemer!
Premium Member
WoWInterface Super Mod
The program does not have a database.

If you think you can do better, please write it yourself. Otherwise, at least learn how the program works first before you tell me what I did wrong.

Bug reports are fine. Making blind assumptions about the internals of the program are not.
しりたくなかったんだ
It's my turn next.

Shakespeare liked regexes too!
/(bb|[^b]{2})/
06-19-09, 09:20 AM   #1612
tinyu
A Molten Giant

this thread really needs to be locked and the key thrown far away.
06-19-09, 12:31 PM   #1613
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by tinyu View Post
I couldn't agree more.
06-19-09, 12:33 PM   #1614
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by tinyu View Post
This gets my vote as well.

06-19-09, 01:06 PM   #1615
Kaelten
Jack's raging bile duct

Featured
Originally Posted by voodoodad View Post
This gets my vote as well.
Thirded. charlimitgarbage

Anyone that needs what they want
And doesn't want what they need
I want nothing to do with
06-19-09, 01:17 PM   #1616
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

Originally Posted by enavap View Post
Ok, I'll bite. Were you referring to minion, or some addon and just happened to post in the completely wrong forum?

06-21-09, 12:57 PM   #1617
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Another vote for thread-lock.

06-21-09, 01:57 PM   #1618
Tekkub
A Molten Giant

Aw, threadlock? You're all no fun.
08-16-09, 07:44 AM   #1619
Crabbyanne
A Kobold Labourer
Another suggestion...

Good work on taking measures to provide users with a stable environment from which to pull WoW addons. In addition, some simple code to "tag" the IP addresses Wowmatrix uses as they tunnel through your internet/intranet will provide a nice paper trail for your attorneys.

Callling the owners of Wowmatrix with hard evidence in hand and the threat of copywrite - intellectual property infringement is a powerful tool to a) shutdown their actions permanently or b) bring them within operational compliance. This worked for us at Microsoft on several occassions.

Either way...I'm a happy user of both WoW Interface and Curse! My .02.
08-17-09, 04:37 AM   #1620
voodoodad
Large, Friendly Letters!

NECROTHREAD!

please don't hurt me...

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » WoWInterface and Curse working together to help protect authors and other site-users