10-19-09, 05:25 PM   #1
hungtar
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Faceroller - All feedback welcome

Hey folks,

just uploaded Faceroller, an addon that suggests you which spell you should use next. I used Event Horizon for quiet some time and than it got discontinued and some time after that, Faceshooter was making it's debut. Long story short, i loved Faceshooter as it uses only very little screen space, compared to Event Horizon, but it works for hunters only. Something that looks like Faceshooter but for other classes was needed, thus Faceroller was created

So, what i'm looking for is any feedback on the addon, module API and people interested in writing modules for any class and spec at the moment.

Thank you for your time

Last edited by hungtar : 11-04-09 at 04:15 PM.
10-19-09, 10:11 PM   #2
Farook
A Molten Giant

Gonna try this out for sure (on my pallie) as soon as I have some more time to play. But it looks very promising...
10-21-09, 09:44 PM   #3
Farook
A Molten Giant

Taken from MMO-Champion's Retribution Paladin FAQ:

Code:
DPS Rotations

Unlike other DPS specs of other classes, a Ret Paladin has no true rotation- Instead, you must watch the cooldown of your abilities and use them once they are available, much like an Enhancement Shaman or Affliction Warlock. Depending on the situation, you may do more damage with one specific ability than you would with another.

Single-target DPS- For Slow dying mobs, or Raid Bosses with a large amount of health.
               Without any Tier bonuses, the following gives the most DPS, based on the amount of damage each
               ability does over the course of 1 minute, instead of how much burst damage it does
               per cooldown:

Hammer of Wrath > Crusader Strike > Judgement > Divine Storm > Exorcism (when
               undead or demon) > Consecration > Exorcism (non-undead or demon) > Holy Wrath

With the 2pc Tier 9 bonus, thus changes slightly due to Judgement's naturally larger crit chance:

Hammer of Wrath > Judgement > Crusader Strike > Divine Storm > Exorcism (when
               undead or demon) > Consecration > Exorcism (non-undead or demon) > Holy Wrath

Multi-target DPS- For weaker multiple mobs or groups with little health.
               Divine Storm > (Hammer of Wrath) > Judgement > Consecration > Holy Wrath (when available) >
               Crusader Strike > Exorcism
http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-pa...n-paladin-faq/

Is this taken into account with the Retribution module?

And does Exorcism already have a higher priority when fighting undead/demon mobs, as I saw it on your latest To-Do-List?
10-21-09, 11:19 PM   #4
hungtar
A Defias Bandit
I don't know, since i didn't write that module and i don't know much about paladins either.

I will answer anyway. It looks like the module currently does not check the targets creature type or for 2pc t9.

But you should have asked the author of the module. Edit: As i see, you already posted the same question under that addons comments.
10-22-09, 09:47 PM   #5
Farook
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by hungtar View Post
I don't know, since i didn't write that module...
Now that you say it...

Sorry for not paying enough attention to who did what.
10-26-09, 10:13 AM   #6
Bens
A Theradrim Guardian
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
I just started using this addon and I have just 1 thing I would like to add. The Totem I am currently using made me decide to change my rotation to open up with Lava Lash first then SS and ES. I know very little about writing code but currently the entry is :

[17364] = 400, -- Stormstrike
[8042] = 200, -- Earth Shock
[60103] = 100, -- Lava Lash

I am using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47667 and therefore prefer to start out with Lava Lash.
I went to the Faceroller_SimpleEnhancementShaman Folder in my Addons Folder and opened the .LUA file and changed it to :

[60103] = 400, -- Lava Lash
[17364] = 200, -- Stormstrike
[8042] = 100, -- Earth Shock

Hope this helps someone

Nice little Addon btw thank you.

Last edited by Bens : 10-26-09 at 10:16 AM. Reason: added thanks to Author
10-28-09, 01:21 PM   #7
hungtar
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Bens View Post
I just started using this addon and I have just 1 thing I would like to add. The Totem I am currently using made me decide to change my rotation to open up with Lava Lash first then SS and ES. I know very little about writing code but currently the entry is :

[17364] = 400, -- Stormstrike
[8042] = 200, -- Earth Shock
[60103] = 100, -- Lava Lash

I am using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47667 and therefore prefer to start out with Lava Lash.
I went to the Faceroller_SimpleEnhancementShaman Folder in my Addons Folder and opened the .LUA file and changed it to :

[60103] = 400, -- Lava Lash
[17364] = 200, -- Stormstrike
[8042] = 100, -- Earth Shock

Hope this helps someone

Nice little Addon btw thank you.
With that change though lave lash will always be chosen over storm strike and earth shock. If your intention is to only open with lava lash and otherwise priorize stormstrike and shock higher, i would recommend not to change the module and just open with lava lash.

Also note Faceroller modules will never ever be able to make all decisions for you and always show the right spell. It's intended to be help to do things right, not to do things for you.
12-29-09, 09:29 AM   #8
Ripper22772
A Kobold Labourer
Hi, i seek for my blood dk a Module. can anyone help me ?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Released AddOns » Faceroller beta - All feedback welcome