05-26-11, 12:41 AM   #1
Gum
A Fallenroot Satyr
Question Addon: LUI questions

Hi guys, I'm new here and this is my very first post.

I have just installed Lui interface and am currently just testing it.
I want to know a couple of questions.
It seems like its working ok, but with a couple of bugs on the hand
My side panels does not want to stick the panle i made to it, using buttonfacade addon. I also followed the right procedure but clicking on "leave me alone" and specified it as for eg buttonfacade panel 1
Still it does not want to stick to it.

When i load my wow, for the first time, my glyphs panel opens up by itself, and can only remove it by opening the associated window and say switch to talents and switch it off. Any way to fix this, or is this a glitch?

My sreen is a 27 inch screen and is also set to max size on wow. 1920 by something.. Anyways, when i switch on all tabs, my raid box and recount is overlapping. Even by changing the calues of the wow interface on blizz to make the interface smaller or bigger does not affect that area. Also the raid part is unmovable, because then i could just have moved it more to the right. Any suggestions would be welcome.

Top right corner. My buffs also appear there, but is overlapping the panel below it when its out. i tried to move it by those values but its stuck there and wont move.. Can it be moved?

Lastly, the text window.. can that be turned off? or is it just the frame that can be truned off because nothing happens when i press that button or wont even witch off in the tab.
Also picked up some hicks, about every 3 seconds the world freeze for a 0.5 sec and then go on.. Is this a common issue or would this be just my connection that might be buggy at the time i tried this out.

Any advice would be really welcome.
Thanx
Gum

Last edited by Gum : 05-26-11 at 01:08 AM.
05-26-11, 02:15 AM   #2
Gum
A Fallenroot Satyr
Anyone lol? i see a lot of people looks at it but no one replies
05-26-11, 09:03 AM   #3
xplosive03
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Gum View Post
Anyone lol? i see a lot of people looks at it but no one replies
try the official LUI website?
05-26-11, 02:39 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Welcome to WoWInterface, Gum.

As mentioned, the LUI website (linked on the download page) is the best place to ask questions about that UI - unless you get lucky and someone comes along here who knows the ins and outs of it.

Also, for future reference, there isn't really a need to bump your posts on this site. We don't move nearly as fast as the official forums - especially not in the middle of the night (US).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

05-26-11, 03:51 PM   #5
Greevir
A Cyclonian

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Although Lou has quit working on LUI some of the staff is willing to keep it maintained and help support it. I'm sure one of them can help you out.
05-27-11, 01:18 AM   #6
Daikanz
A Kobold Labourer
New to LUI

I just tried downloading LUI tonight I have it all uploaded into the interface folder in my WoW files and it comes up under the addon list, but when I log into the game, it comes up with a screan saying welcome to LUI and such with a download bubble in the middle of my screan. I can continue to use everything and move around in game but this screan over my wow page wont go away. Does anyone have any idea how I could fix this?
05-27-11, 01:28 AM   #7
Gum
A Fallenroot Satyr
I went and did this... and it seems like its ok with it..
I made a backup folder of my interface i currently had.
Then extract the files and put it in the wow folder (interface, extras)
then run wow.
In addons..enable all of it..
Start up, if its the first time, it will ask you to install, or if its a different version it will ask you to update.
Once its all done and loaded,
Quit and start pulling from your backup folder copies of what you had into your new addon folder.. and test them piece by piece.
I had issues with it as my health is being restored, the screen stops for .5 seconds.. which is really annoying. SO i figured out that my grid addon that came with it is not working too well for me. Switching it off made it work fine, (but going to look for another grid addon tonight) Also im using dominos, so in times i tried to disable bartender in the addons list.. but causes the interface to loose its frame. So i left it on, hide the toolbars of bartender, and only used dominos. The side panels is still bugged for me, also done this so many times over and over and over, I may got my wow all jinxed lol. But yea. i think its working ok now. i just need to look at grid to make the last part work again for me.. (i dont care too much about the side panels, just the fac that i can swich off omen and recount is for me important.

Last edited by Gum : 05-27-11 at 02:48 AM.
05-29-11, 02:04 AM   #8
Sinaris
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

LUI Support Forums are still open.
Its right that Loui himself stoped supporting this UI.

We talked about that many times and he is working on another interface that will not published anytime.

But, if you have any questions about LUI, you are welcome in our support forums
05-29-11, 01:54 PM   #9
neoshade75
A Kobold Labourer
The website wow-lui.com isn't working. It looks like the owner of the domain name needs to renew the registration.
05-29-11, 10:14 PM   #10
Sinaris
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

try:

http://web3.india025.server4you.de/board

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Addon: LUI questions