04-27-11, 07:45 PM   #21
SheisWolf
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by aessedai View Post
Unzip it. Open the folder and move the "Carbonite" folder to your World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons folder.

Run the game. On the Character screen click the Addons button and make sure you turn on Carbonite.

Done.
Originally Posted by thetravellor View Post
1. Open 2 finder windows.

2. In the first navigate to your downloads folder, select the 4 carbonite folders you unzipped. Press Command-C

3. In second finder window, navigate to /Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons

4. Paste the 4 folders using Command-V. It may prompt you saying older folders exist. Overwrite them.

Good luck.
Originally Posted by SheisWolf View Post
Thank you both very much!
Okay so I did everything you both said to do, it even asked me to over-write the previous files, I did. I figured that'd mean it would start working but it hasn't. My map is still not working!

Are other people experiencing problems with the Beta too? I've seen so many people happy with it, but it still hasn't helped me. I downloaded my other addons from Curse Client, so could that have something to do with it since I didn't use Curse Client to download this one?

04-27-11, 07:53 PM   #22
cbcatanz
A Defias Bandit
Kind of an odd issue, but when I use the Quest watcher to track a quest, my fps fluctuates between 40-60 fps, the second I click off tracking a quest, my fps stay at a consistent 60 fps. I know its this addon that is causing it because all other addons are disabled. Anyone else having a problem like this?

04-27-11, 10:02 PM   #23
richiegrape
A Murloc Raider
Okay so I did everything you both said to do, it even asked me to over-write the previous files, I did. I figured that'd mean it would start working but it hasn't. My map is still not working!

Are other people experiencing problems with the Beta too? I've seen so many people happy with it, but it still hasn't helped me. I downloaded my other addons from Curse Client, so could that have something to do with it since I didn't use Curse Client to download this one?
i had this same problem...deleteing the old version of carbonite than installing this beta was the only way it would work for me

04-27-11, 10:11 PM   #24
Týlëë
A Kobold Labourer

I love this addon! i think it is greath but since the new patch and even with the beta, My map still doesnt work is there any idea of when it will be fixed?

04-28-11, 02:33 AM   #25
shponarsky
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by sheriffia View Post
Dear authors, thank You very much for the update!
There was a problem with Russian locale, but solution is found. In Localization.lua the line 1826:

Code:
["Ruins of Gilneas City"] = "\208\160\209\131\208\184\208\189\209\139 \208\147\208\184\208\187\208\189\208\181\208\176\209\129\208\1762",
must be replaced by
Code:
["Ruins of Gilneas City"] = "Гилнеас22",
Just in case You'd like to fix it in future update
This is not all.
Для русских пользователей - вам нужно взять работающий старый, Localization.lua и заменить, тогда заработает нормально.
По крайней мере у меня так заработало)

04-28-11, 02:41 AM   #26
SheisWolf
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by richiegrape View Post
i had this same problem...deleteing the old version of carbonite than installing this beta was the only way it would work for me
I will give that a go, thank you! *cross fingers*

04-28-11, 09:23 AM   #27
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, I finally got around to doing a little questing with the beta installed. For me, all of the icons on the map blink, or if you prefer "flash", at the same approximate rate as the active node icon when the maps are merged. Except for the static Carbonite gather icons. For some odd reason they aren't blinking.

Also, for some reason, whenever I enter combat with a mob my framerate plummets. My normal fps average around 25 when running around and usually manage to stay above 12 in combat with a mob, but now, in combat, I'm averaging 3 frames per second. I really don't know if Carbonite has anything at all to do with this particular problem, but thought I would mention it anyway (I sometimes like to hear myself type, apparently ).

I know my average framerates are low, but I play on a 2 year old laptop with crappy integrated Microsoft graphics and my fps never were very good. Even with all of the WoW graphics set to just about as low as you can set them.

04-28-11, 11:29 AM   #28
SheisWolf
A Murloc Raider
I will give that a go, thank you! *cross fingers*
It worked, thank you. :-)

04-28-11, 12:15 PM   #29
Nomad68
A Murloc Raider
Hi i'm not sure where to ask this so i'm sorry if this is the wrong place. I installed the beta and I don't get the colored areas anymore that shows you where you need to go to complete whatever quest your on.

If someone could lend a hand with this i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for such a great add-on

04-28-11, 05:48 PM   #30
rckann
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Nomad68 View Post
Hi i'm not sure where to ask this so i'm sorry if this is the wrong place. I installed the beta and I don't get the colored areas anymore that shows you where you need to go to complete whatever quest your on.

If someone could lend a hand with this i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for such a great add-on
Go to the options, select "Quest" from left column, then select "Always show watched quest areas on map." near the bottom of the main window. You may need to scroll down to it. If you had a different color for each quest, you need to also check "Use one color per quest" a little farther down.

04-28-11, 05:58 PM   #31
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by rckann View Post
Go to the options, select "Quest" from left column, then select "Always show watched quest areas on map." near the bottom of the main window. You may need to scroll down to it. If you had a different color for each quest, you need to also check "Use one color per quest" a little farther down.
Also, on the Quest Watch Window header, make sure the green button is "bright green".

Nomad68 you might want to read through the "CarboniteReadMe" plain text file that you can find in the main Carbonite folder. It contains a wealth of information about how to set Carbonite up and what it does.

Last edited by jeffy162 : 04-28-11 at 06:05 PM.

04-28-11, 10:07 PM   #32
Nomad68
A Murloc Raider
Thank you both I will do as you suggest

Take care.

EDIT.. I feel real stupid... it was that green button

Last edited by Nomad68 : 04-28-11 at 10:16 PM. Reason: added info

04-29-11, 05:59 AM   #33
tinyu
A Molten Giant

Quest Sounds error

i just got this error after completing the quest 'Precious Elemental Fluids'

Code:
Date: 2011-04-29 21:25:32
ID: 1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Message: Usage: PlaySoundFile("soundfile", optional["SFX","Music","Ambience" or "Master"])
Debug:
   [C]: ?
   [C]: PlaySoundFile()
   Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:6636: PlaySoundFile()
   Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:3765: PlaySound()
   Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:19989: RQL()
   Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:10023: ReQ1()
   Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:13186: LoU()
   Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:25460: ?()
   Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:6470:
      Carbonite\Carbonite.lua:6462
it also spammed the chat log 4 times.

04-29-11, 07:04 AM   #34
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Nomad68 View Post
Thank you both I will do as you suggest

Take care.

EDIT.. I feel real stupid... it was that green button
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

No need to put yourself down, dude. I've noticed that a couple of things (sayings) are true as we go through life: "The devil is in the details" and "Don't sweat the small things" come to mind. My own personal favorite is currently (and please keep in mind that I'm 57 years old): "I'm runnin' out of hard drive space and my RAM is faulty, but hitting the "reset" button is gonna be a killer".

04-29-11, 03:19 PM   #35
_cat_
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by jeffy162 View Post
You're welcome. Glad I could help.

No need to put yourself down, dude. I've noticed that a couple of things (sayings) are true as we go through life: "The devil is in the details" and "Don't sweat the small things" come to mind. My own personal favorite is currently (and please keep in mind that I'm 57 years old): "I'm runnin' out of hard drive space and my RAM is faulty, but hitting the "reset" button is gonna be a killer".
off subject for a sec. - i love that saying considering i'm 57 as well lol. here's another for you: if i had known i was going to live this long, i would have taken better care of my body.

but yes, @jeffy, i know exactly how it feels when something you have been looking for ends up having been right there all along. too easy to overlook things. and this addon is such a multilayered thing. i'll never use half of it. but what i do use makes me feel totally lost when i can't access it.

these people are the bomb. i love this add on and have pushed and prodded other friends that play to get it - they always thank me for it.

04-30-11, 12:12 AM   #36
Drano
A Murloc Raider

Well, I finally got around to doing a little questing with the beta installed. For me, all of the icons on the map blink, or if you prefer "flash", at the same approximate rate as the active node icon when the maps are merged. Except for the static Carbonite gather icons. For some odd reason they aren't blinking.

Also, for some reason, whenever I enter combat with a mob my framerate plummets. My normal fps average around 25 when running around and usually manage to stay above 12 in combat with a mob, but now, in combat, I'm averaging 3 frames per second. I really don't know if Carbonite has anything at all to do with this particular problem, but thought I would mention it anyway (I sometimes like to hear myself type, apparently ).

I know my average framerates are low, but I play on a 2 year old laptop with crappy integrated Microsoft graphics and my fps never were very good. Even with all of the WoW graphics set to just about as low as you can set them.
yeah big drop rates in FPS for myself and other guildies. I'm sure they are working on it, if anyone has info on what if anything they found to address the FPS drops, that would be helpful

04-30-11, 06:31 AM   #37
aessedai
An Aku'mai Servant
Opening a window closes other windows.

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
A beta version can be found at this link:

http://www.carboniteaddon.com/download.shtml

A normal release on the download pages will happen once a beta version is deemed worthy.

Changes:

Fixed map tile error.
Fixed combat message parsing error.
Fixed addon message channel.
Removed FindClose debug message.

Issues:

Minimap icons may flicker - Setting the "Map Minimap" option "Minimap herb/ore dot glow delay (0 is off)" to 0 does stop it, but disables the flashing node icons. I noticed the flicker went away after a while.

Combat log shows wrong damage amounts.
Is this the same beta that came out on the first day of the WoW 4.1 patch or is it a possible fix to the issue I had in an earlier post with windows closing every time you open another window?

Thanks

04-30-11, 08:23 AM   #38
cbcatanz
A Defias Bandit

Getting a similar problem. When I track a quest using the quest watch thing my FPS drop to about 40 fps or so. When I click to stop tracking quest my fps return to normal.

04-30-11, 01:29 PM   #39
Taerot
A Murloc Raider

Poor FPS and Thrashing Displays on Minimap

I think I may be able to help narrow down the problem with horrible fps and thrashing icons in this case. When I am in an area with any sort of minimap icon the icons shown on the minimap thrash so much that my fps is reduced to unacceptable play levels. Also, with the new patch there is the addition of displaying your target and focus nodes on the minimap. I have discovered that carbonite (beta 1) behaves alright as long as I'm not in an area where minimap icons are displayed _and_ I do not have a target selected. however, when a target _is_ selected the target (and focus) nodes on the minimap thrash like crazy. It gets even worse when I have a target selected and I'm in combat. Completely disabling carbonite makes my fps return to normal.

I use both the game minimap and the carbonite minimap, but I only display world icons on my game minimap. I have not tried using only the carbonite minimap, but I'm sure the effect would be the same regardless of where the icons/nodes are displayed. I am convinced that carbonite is causing the issue on the standard minimap because when I disable carbonite the style of the target, focus and herb node icons are different from the node icon that is displayed when carbonite is active. If carbonite weren't having an effect on the nodes on the minimap there would be no change in their style, right?

Also, my herb node icons do not flash unless I have a target selected or I am in an area with world icons like quests, inns, etc.

04-30-11, 11:01 PM   #40
tinyu
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Taerot View Post
I think I may be able to help narrow down the problem with horrible fps and thrashing icons in this case. When I am in an area with any sort of minimap icon the icons shown on the minimap thrash so much that my fps is reduced to unacceptable play levels. Also, with the new patch there is the addition of displaying your target and focus nodes on the minimap. I have discovered that carbonite (beta 1) behaves alright as long as I'm not in an area where minimap icons are displayed _and_ I do not have a target selected. however, when a target _is_ selected the target (and focus) nodes on the minimap thrash like crazy. It gets even worse when I have a target selected and I'm in combat. Completely disabling carbonite makes my fps return to normal.

I use both the game minimap and the carbonite minimap, but I only display world icons on my game minimap. I have not tried using only the carbonite minimap, but I'm sure the effect would be the same regardless of where the icons/nodes are displayed. I am convinced that carbonite is causing the issue on the standard minimap because when I disable carbonite the style of the target, focus and herb node icons are different from the node icon that is displayed when carbonite is active. If carbonite weren't having an effect on the nodes on the minimap there would be no change in their style, right?

Also, my herb node icons do not flash unless I have a target selected or I am in an area with world icons like quests, inns, etc.
does Setting the "Map Minimap" option "Minimap herb/ore dot glow delay (0 is off)" solve the issue?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 4.1 Beta 1 Released (OLD)